• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2011 Pie Run Schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know about everyone else, but I would like us to try some different locations instead of the same oh same oh each year.

There were 4 new locations on this year's schedule. Do you mean a complete schedule of new locations?

Anyone interested in riding down to our place, the Harbor Inn in Port Aransas, on Mustang Island?

Mary and I will serve you guys the best home-made pecan pie (courtesy of a local woman who is the best baker on the island) ala mode -- at poolside! :eat:

We've got three big parking lots, and there are a brazillion bars and restaurants within walking distance, if anyone wants to spend the night....

I would like to see new places. Hopefully a lot of ppl will post up possible places that can host a pie run.

I trust your judgment Chuck. What your doing seems to be working pretty well. :thumb:

There were 4 new locations on this year's schedule. Do you mean a complete schedule of new locations?

I wouldn't mind seeing us alternate locations each year. That would open up a lot of new eating places with new riding areas. We would be going back to the favorites every other year. Texas is a big state with a lot of neat cafes. I enjoy checking out new places every time I ride out. Just my 2 cents. We could always have some RTE's on the favorite places on off years. More reason to ride.

Steve

Simply Country in Moss Hill.

Link to map

Banana split pie

291530397_DECjK-S.jpg
291530436_t9zo8-S.jpg

Some kind of Berries and Cream

291533794_2eHfd-S.jpg

Pecan Cheesecake. Starts out in your mouth as Cheesecake and ends as Pecan pie. One of my all time favorites.

1132299172_qTh9G-S.jpg

Typical menu and all made by owners mother in house.

291530471_Pqe5D-S.jpg

291530456_9iBvS-S.jpg

Simply Country Cafe, Moss Hill Tx

And the food was just as good!

Ron

Attachments

• Moss Hill 002a.jpg
    Moss Hill 002a.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 270
Regarding Marble Falls... the last time, we showed up late and the line was out the door... we simply went about two blocks toward the river and found a place on the river with a meeting room that would seat 50+ and even more room in the restaurant proper. I can't tell you the name, but it overlooks the river and shouldn't be hard to find. The food and service were very good.

Last edited:
Anyone interested in riding down to our place, the Harbor Inn in Port Aransas, on Mustang Island?

Mary and I will serve you guys the best home-made pecan pie (courtesy of a local woman who is the best baker on the island) ala mode -- at poolside! :eat:

We've got three big parking lots, and there are a brazillion bars and restaurants within walking distance, if anyone wants to spend the night....

I think this might be a good way to include folks from South Texas... :trust:

Yeah, Royers probablty can't fit us very well, though I'd be in for a RTE there.

Murphy's is a great choice - anyone know the actual (posted/legal) seating capacity?

Yeah, Royers probably can't fit us very well, though I'd be in for a RTE there.

Murphy's is a great choice - anyone know the actual (posted/legal) seating capacity?

The owners of Murphys Steak House are bikers themselves. Georgiana rides a softail and her husband sports a Road King. We have had many last minute RTE's there the last couple years. The place can seat 150 comfortably. If we let them know early enough they will bring in a little extra help. Last time we had around 30 and they set up tables with only 15 minutes notice. It helps if you know them as I do. Only 13 miles for me.
The pie is made right on the premises.
Good service and great food. It will not disappoint.

I think this might be a good way to include folks from South Texas... :trust:
We have had it in Ingleside a couple of times (2008-2009), I think one time in March and the other in June or July. I always liked one down in that area.

I would like to keep the traditional Hico location since it was the location for the first "Test Pie Run" on New Years Eve 2004 and the first official one a month later (January 2005). To me most others are open.

So what's next Chuck, a poll?
I thought this was not a democratic process but the choice of a wise PieMan...
:trust:

Look into Jake & Dorthy's Cafe in Stephenville.

When Texas Monthly did the top Cafes in Texas, they were the one featured on the cover. They have good ol' Texas type food... hot, brown and a lot of it. They do great pies and cakes as well. You'd need to give them a heads up to increase the pie inventory for that day. The side room will hold about 80 people. Parking in the area is plentiful.

The Ranchman's Cafe in Ponder is always good, was it on the 2010 schedule?

+1 on the Koffee Kup in Hico, and Sam's in Fairfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back