• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

EAST TX: 2nd Saturday Breakfast - La Plazita, 11980 Hwy 64 75704

That's even cooler than SparkyBlue's beemer.:clap:

Bump for a the first Saturday, Mark. (I'll be out of town. Sorry.)

Thanks for the bump Bill, we'll miss seeing you there.

I'll be there, it's gonna be a busy riding day for me.

I'm headed to Texarkana after I leave the cafe. Figure the whole day will add up to about 300 miles. The weather shows a Friday night low of 38 and a Saturday high of 67 with clear skies, nice weather to ride some miles

Put us down as might make it , 6 AM leave time is a little cool and early for us Old Fart riders and bikes, if I wake up feeling good we'll be there..

Bonnie Girl has had Her feelings hurt lately as I have been giving the old Kaw.too much attention...I really need to take Her out more often...4K original miles and adding...:rider:

0906101203a.jpg

0906101201a.jpg

Put us down as might make it , 6 AM leave time is a little cool and early for us Old Fart riders and bikes, if I wake up feeling good we'll be there..

Bonnie Girl has had Her feelings hurt lately as I have been giving the old Kaw.too much attention...I really need to take Her out more often...4K original miles and adding...:rider:

0906101203a.jpg

0906101201a.jpg

Very nice, 4K original! Hope you, and Bonnie, can make it Saturday.

Guy's
Weather looks COLD for Sat. AM...I think roughly 2 hours ride between 30 & 40 degrees will be a little rough on both of us so when it warms up instead of breakfast We'll take a little bimble around Lake O The Pines...Then tear down Bonnie's front end and replace tubes,seals and all other moving parts in the forks....

Mark , may see you on the road around the lake if you take Hwy 155, I live a couple of miles from Hwy 259 and 155 intersection down the lake....Or I'm roughly half way between the Tyler and Texarkana model airplane fields :sun:.....Ed

I have put the word out to several local riders and hope at least some of them show up. I will be there.

Ron

My plan is to have breakfast tomorrow morning at Skyline, then make a back road ride over to Shreveport for the Red River BMW Rider's Club meeting at Shreveport Motorsports. It'll be cold riding to breakfast, but it looks like it'll warm up quickly after mid-morning. I'll have to be on the road to Shreveport around 9 AM and will be at Skyline by 8 AM.

-Jeff

Will you all be riding again this weekend? Sounds like a good time and I heard their food was fantastic especially the burgers. Maybe we should do lunch?

It was 37-degrees when I arrived at the airport at 7:30. Dave was already there on his Honda Africa Twin. Mark showed up on his Bandit next followed by Ron on his LT. I rode my R1100S since its heated grips, accessory outlet for the heated vest, and wind protection make it a superior cold weather bike to the Ducati.

I think this is only the second or third time I've used the heated vest in 10 years, but I was glad to have it on this ride. I catch some flak for the heated vest, but I explain it is like a coat. If you did not have a coat, you might not go outside some days. Well, I got to ride on Saturday because of the vest when I otherwise might not have.

Breakfast was decent, but I really enjoyed the conversation. I had had a back road route planned to the Red River BMW Riders meeting in Shreveport, so I had to get back on the road by 9 AM. By then it had warmed to a balmy 42-degrees.

I think I will make breakfast with the TWT guys and lunch with the Beemer club my standard first Saturday of the month.

-Jeff

Just a suggestion, since the weather is getting colder.....why don't we meet for lunch at Skyline Cafe. I hear their Rubens are the best around and Ive eaten the burgers and they are nice and juicy.

Let me know, I can go any day of the week

The forecast is looking good for the Saturday breakfast RTE:

Friday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 51. South wind around 10 mph
Saturday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 65.

I will be there and believe my dad will join us. See y'all then.

-Jeff

I really hate missing these get togethers , this month Dr. is putting in a pacemaker on Monday so with different blood thinners this weekend I'll have to pass...Ed

I'll be there.

Sorry to hear you can't make it Ed, maybe next month?

I really hate missing these get togethers , this month Dr. is putting in a pacemaker on Monday so with different blood thinners this weekend I'll have to pass...Ed

Just got one of those on 5 November.
Reality check....figure 5-6- weeks off the bike.
There is a jacket maker out there who will fit a pad for protection of the unit.
PM me if ya wanr more info. The jacket takes 4 weeks after the order.

You will feel much better after the surgery...........

I wish I could make it, but this month I have to be in Grand Prairie for some Simulator training. I'll try to make next month.

Ron

I will try to be there this month.

Hopefully a little warmer than last month.

Elly

I can't think of anything on the schedule that would impinge on my participation. Or maybe I'm not thinking hard enough.:ponder:

I intend to be there.

I hope y'all had a Merry Chrismas. Are y'all planning on getting together for breakfast New Year's Day morning, or should we reschedule the RTE for Saturday, January 8?

I will be out of town New Year's day, so if y'all decide to meet then, Happy New Year! Otherwise, I will see you on the 8th.

-Jeff

I hope y'all had a Merry Chrismas. Are y'all planning on getting together for breakfast New Year's Day morning, or should we reschedule the RTE for Saturday, January 8?

I will be out of town New Year's day, so if y'all decide to meet then, Happy New Year! Otherwise, I will see you on the 8th.

-Jeff

Jeff, I appreciate you starting the thread off for Janaury.

This was brought up at this month's RTE and I agree, reschedule the breakfast for the 8th. A lot of people might be out of town for the 1st. I'd miss the 1st because I've been participating in Rapid Robert's NYD Ride for several years.

it's now on my 1/8/11 calendar. See you there, barring some calamitous turn of events.

Back