• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Around the Bend 2011 - Feb 24-27, Terlingua

DAY 1

I find a spot "Around the Bend: to park my bike:

Stuck.jpg

Bikes are on the tailer but I might wait till 2 or 3 AM to leave. Either way, I'll see you in the morning at KKKK.

Has an official Ride Report thread been started yet? I'm anxiously waiting to start reading some good reports as I sit here on the sidelines. :doh:

Late - Late request

Any DFW riders headed down tomorrow looking to hook up.

Was going to trailer - now riding down.

Ride safe - Adios

Did you make it? Send some pics quick!!

I'd start one but that's a lot of typing on my phone. I'm tending camp today with a dorked up ankle. :( :tears:

I'd start one but that's a lot of typing on my phone. I'm tending camp today with a dorked up ankle. :( :tears:

Dude, when you broke your a** that might have been a sign! But you pulled of a valiant effort to make it to Big Bend. Your represent'n Austin homies proper. Now prop up that leg and have another beer! Looking forward to the gory details later....

Hey folks thanks for all the offers on fuel bottles. Dr. DR be advised that I am doing exactly as the Doctor ordered. Anybody have Ron Waldrep or Tricepilot Bob's phone numbers? I see their bikes in town but I don't know where they're hiding.

I think this gal will be having dinner at the Starlight Theatre tonight. Too bad everyone will be leaving town by then....she is in town shooting a movie.

27well-salma-custom1.jpg

:trust:

RB

HIGH WINDS

If any of you are stoop at Terlingua and still planning to head out today on two wheels, reconsider.

I got off to a late start and am currently in alpine (10 am). Winds have picked up very strong. I'm considering turning around

Anyone out is welcome to stop at our adobe on 118 25 miles north of Study Butte.

That wind is not to be messed with!

Voni

I attempted to ride back to Terlingua but the gust were too bad. I did not want to spend the night in alpine unless I has too (boring), so i took a more northerly route to I-10 and headed to Ft Stockton. North of alpine, the winds were more of a "pay attention wind" than a dangerous wind. So I'm heading home.

7-1/2 hours, and 415 miles. Left at 5:30, and got home at noon. Estimate 50 mph cross and headwinds from Carlsbad, on. Nailed lots of tumbleweed. Snowing when I got home. Sure was glad to not be riding. Enjoyed seeing everybody!

Got home at 3:pm save and sound thank to SchizzMan and David H. my guides learned so much from them I really appreciate all this guys did for me cover 500mi in 6hrs I could do even 200mi more follwing this guys today... but arrived to my destination want to thank everybody also i had a blast....looking fwd for more ... Ended my trip taking corners at 90MPH with crossed winds on fourth :rider: THANK YOU VERY MUCH
THANK YOU VERY MUCH

Was home for about an hour, realized I left my Chiapas coffee on the table in the room at Chisos Mining Co., so I gassed up the truck and headed back from San Antonio to Terlingua. :sun:

Forgetfulness! I think we forgot to thank Richard, Connie and Uncle Roger for putting on a great event! they go to a lot of effort to grease the wheels and keep things rolling. All we have to do is show up and have a great time. So Richard, Connie, Uncle Roger and anybody else I forgot thanks for putting on another great event.
Robert Krull

Back