• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

TMRA State Rally - Comanche, TX

voyagerrider

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Marty
Last Name
Johnston
Kathy and I attended the Texas Motorcycle Roadriders Association 38th Annual State Rally in Comanche Friday and Saturday. I had a vacation day on Friday so we rolled from our house in Burleson around 10 AM. My lovely wife, trip planner, riding partner, and all around good friend had a route laid out and entered in my GPS. It took us over west to Weatherford where we planned on a lunch stop. The continued on west through Mineral Wells and Palo Pinto. Then west of Palo Pinto we turned south on 16 going through Stawn, DeLeon, and then to Comanche.

Anyway here's a few pics and our tale of our ride.

First our lunch stop in Weatherford.

100_5124.jpg

I had won a lunch for 2 here on a ride I went on last week, so we decided this was a good day to use the prize.

2 #7's with iced tea please? Chicken Fajitias.

100_5122.jpg

As you can see I thought it was pretty good.

100_5123.jpg

Back on the road again.

100_5126.jpg

Some scenes along the way.

100_5129.jpg

100_5131.jpg

The rally was held at the city park in Comanche.

100_5146.jpg

I found this at the base of the fountain next to the welcome arch.

100_5147.jpg

Some of our CMA friends camped at the rally.

100_5134-1.jpg

100_5135-1.jpg

We camped here:

100_5150.jpg

Reason is that my Voyager has slight coolant leak that I have not found yet. I did not want to take a chance on the bike overheating by pulling our camper trailer. So just decided to hotel-it for one night. We would have normally camped also since we have a camper similar to theirs.

Some more CMA friends and their Harley. Kim and Danny Sullivan, he is President of the CMA chapter in Mesquite called the Crossroad Riders.

100_5138.jpg

They have only been back on the bike a couple of months. They had accident on that bike last October on their way to Mena, AR for the Changing of the Colors rally.

The wall of colors show some of the club patches of participating clubs in TMRA.

100_5137.jpg

Some sidecar rigs:

100_5139.jpg

Another interesting rig, a 650 Burgman with a Inder car:

100_5136.jpg

A nice GL1000 with over 150K on the clock. Motor has never been touched.

100_5142.jpg

I old XS650 Yamaha, I believe this guy rode it from Austin.

100_5145.jpg

The CMA Hospitality setup by the Marble Falls chapter, Chariots of the Hills.

100_5144.jpg

Relaxing in the shade was the order of the day on both Friday and Saturday as the temps were close or over 90 degrees. Like this fellow is doing:

100_5143.jpg

Kathy and I headed for home around 4 PM on Saturday. The route she had laid out took us on 36 to Hamilton. From there we rode through Cranfills Gap to Meridian. here are a couple of scenes along the way:

100_5151.jpg

100_5153.jpg

In Meridian we picked up 174 and rode through Rio Vista & Cleburne then home. We pulled in our garage just a bit before 7 PM. We were tired as the wind coming home was really bad. It was good weekend and we really enjoyed it covering a little over 260 mile for both days. Not huge amount of mileage, but we accomplished what we intended to do.

Hope you enjoy this report?

Last edited:
Quote: "Not huge amount of mileage, but we accomplished what we intended to do."

What counts the most is "Smiles per mile, not miles per smile."
Looks like you had a good time.

Thanks for taking us along with you. Those are some pretty neat tent trailers (camper trailers) that you have captured in your photos.

:thumb:

Thanks for taking us along with you. Those are some pretty neat tent trailers (camper trailers) that you have captured in your photos.

:thumb:

Thanks for the comments from everyone.

The campers are called a Bunk House and are made by a company near Chicago. They work really well and you are able to pull it behind your bike. it folds out to a kingsize bed and has 23 cubic feet of storage underneath. It weighs about 370 empty and the way we run with our stuff it is about 450 pounds.

Back