• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2011 Pie Run Schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well depending on the work schedule I might get to make 4 or 5 of these . There is 5 within 150 miles. :rider: :eat: :rider:

Heck yeah, I love that place. We ride down there all the time in the summer. The owners are avid motorcyclists, too. I don't know if they have pie, though. I'd have to call Dana and ask him. If his wife knew bunch of people were coming, though, I bet she'd go all out.

All that said, if anyone is interested in meeting at Mesquite Wood some Saturday just to eat BBQ, let me know and I'll be there with bells on. That's a fun ride for me, and I love eating there.

sheffride0309-006.jpg

I plan to be in that area on February 23'ish as I ride westward. I don't know if you can get away during the mid-week.

BTW, have you considered giving a concert with your band at one of the upcoming pie-runs? It could be used as a fund-raiser for the TWTEX web site etc.

Cheers,

RB

I plan to be in that area on February 23'ish as I ride westward. I don't know if you can get away during the mid-week.

It may possible, depending on work stuff. I'll keep you posted.

BTW, have you considered giving a concert with your band at one of the upcoming pie-runs? It could be used as a fund-raiser for the TWTEX web site etc.

That's been discussed, but pie runs are always so far away that it's hard to ask my guys to make an 800- or 900-mile round trip for free. TWT is important to me, but they don't even know what it is. They might look at me funny if I ask them to spend a whole weekend, fuel, lodging, etc., for something that's not some sort of indigent charity or the like.

It may possible, depending on work stuff. I'll keep you posted.

That's been discussed, but pie runs are always so far away that it's hard to ask my guys to make an 800- or 900-mile round trip for free. TWT is important to me, but they don't even know what it is. They might look at me funny if I ask them to spend a whole weekend, fuel, lodging, etc., for something that's not some sort of indigent charity or the like.

Perhaps we could have a TWTEX "unplugged" session. I know that quite a few musicians frequent the site. It might be neat to have an impromptu jam session at a pie run. This would be an acoustic set....rock, folk or perhaps bluegrass might be fun to try.

I think the Scotty brothers or Chuck could play spoons if they are so prompted.

RB

Finally got to scout-out the place Wasabi suggested on 12-27.
Homestead Heritage, north of Waco on FM 933 on the Chalk Bluff community.
The pie list show 35 pies, 10 cakes, & 7 cheese cakes. Some are seasonal.
Seating for 70. Plenty of parking. Mon to Sat..closed Sun.

Lat=31-40-13 Long=97-08-40 Halbert Lane/Dry Creek Rd

I talked with Bud at Royer's about the March date. There is an antique show in Round Top that weekend and he said is is just flat unsafe for motorcycles (if not drivers and pedestrians). So, we agreed to move it up a week from March 26 to March 19. This is probably in conflict with some folk's spring break but switching to September was out due to the OTHER antique show! :giveup:

Last edited:
Never mind - incorrect Typo from another post

Last edited:
What do you think the weather will look like around that time? 70+ and Sunny!!!:sun:
If yes...I'm in! I really don't do cold...not well anyway!:eek2:

What do you think the weather will look like around that time? 70+ and Sunny!!!:sun:
If yes...I'm in! I really don't do cold...not well anyway!:eek2:

If you are talking about the Hico Pie Run in January, 2011, see here.
It will get missed in this thread - this is just for firming up the 2011 schedule.

The schedule is looking good Chuck. :clap:
Glad to see the new locations, specially Winchester.
How about a map with the locations in the first post?
Do you know how to do it?

How about a map with the locations in the first post?
Do you know how to do it?

I was going to link to James' map earlier in thr thread but he beat me to it. :thumb:

Well, I took a screen shot of my Garmin mapsource file:

locations2011.jpg

The actual file is attached, too.

Does that help?

Attachments

• locations2011.gdb
    4.9 KB · Views: 279
Hmm... I'm gonna try to make the one in Conroe this month. If I can get the night off before. I wanted to head to Conroe that weekend anyway for the gun show. Kill two birds with one stone!

As long as the weather is on my side...

OK, for those of us who've never been, what time?

Second, if y'all ever do make a Pie Run to Pie Town, NM, or elsewhere in NM, let me know with a little time and I've got a cabin in Ruidoso I'll arrange for sleeping/coffee there or back. It's only a 2 BR 1 bath but depending on the time of year has a large deck, glassed patio, screened patio, den, and unfinished basement so lots of sleeping bag or roll up in a blanket room. Bikes would be outside but with a number of bikes I don't think there'd be any problem.

OK, for those of us who've never been, what time?

There is a thread started for each month's Pie Run, usually at the start of the month. For March, see here.
The ones past are in this section and closed. The current one is open.

Was there originally a Pie Run in or near Crockett in the spring? I see the one on New Years.

There has been a couple RTE's to Crockett in the spring and/or early summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So will there be a May Pie run? Are kids welcome? Just joined the club so wanting to meet a few of you.. Normally ride with my wife and kids on 2 motorbikes.. Don't want to upset anyone so thought I should ask if it's kid friendly before we arrive!!

Gary

So will there be a May Pie run? Are kids welcome? Just joined the club so wanting to meet a few of you.. Normally ride with my wife and kids on 2 motorbikes.. Don't want to upset anyone so thought I should ask if it's kid friendly before we arrive!!

Gary

Yes and yes.

There is a Pie Run ever month and kids are always welcome.

Right, Chuck? :sun:

Lee

Gary

Sure!!! We love kids, dogs, cats, even inlaws!:lol2:

There is a schedule posted of all of the pie runs this year. It's back one section from this sign up "sheet."

Sure!!! We love kids, dogs, cats, even inlaws!:lol2:

There is a schedule posted of all of the pie runs this year. It's back one section from this sign up "sheet."

I guess I am showing my computer illiteracy :doh:, but I can't find a schedule anywhere of pie runs!! Will keep looking..

Gary

Okay thanks Guys, I was looking for a sticky with the year set out, by going back 3 sheets I found the schedule for 2011!! Hope to make either 30th Apr or 28th May but without the dog or inlaws!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back