• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Eureka Springs, Arkansas trip.

Reaction score
Had my very first work vacation. Never had one of these and I still have 2 days left over. :rider:

There was going to be a meet up here on another forum I'm on and everyone bailed but we already had everything planned out and motels booked so my father, our friend and I made a trip out of it. Five days and five states of riding.

Didn't get as many pics as I wanted but I'd rather be riding then standing around.

Loaded up.

MotorcycleVacation1Large.jpg

First rest stop in Tejas.

MotorcycleVacation2Large.jpg

The 65mph state. The highway we took was surrounded by tall trees for miles and miles both Texas and Okey side. At times if felt like the sun was almost gone.

MotorcycleVacation6Large.jpg

MotorcycleVacation11Large.jpg

MotorcycleVacation9Large.jpg

MotorcycleVacation8Large.jpg

MotorcycleVacation12Large.jpg

We stayed at the Lakeview Lodge. VERY beautiful place.

These are shots when we first got there that evening.

MotorcycleVacation17Large.jpg

MotorcycleVacation21Large.jpg

MotorcycleVacation22Large.jpg

MotorcycleVacation23Large.jpg

MotorcycleVacation24Large.jpg

Back of Lodge which gives you the lovely view of the lake.

MotorcycleVacation25Large.jpg

MotorcycleVacation26Large.jpg

MotorcycleVacation28Large.jpg

MotorcycleVacation29Large.jpg

Morning shots.

MotorcycleVacation30Large.jpg

MotorcycleVacation32Large.jpg

MotorcycleVacation33Large.jpg

MotorcycleVacation34Large.jpg

MotorcycleVacation35Large.jpg

MotorcycleVacation36Large.jpg

MotorcycleVacation37Large.jpg

MotorcycleVacation38Large.jpg

Road through the Beaver Bend Park. One of the coolest places I've rode. You start off by going up the mountain and just get an awesome view right from the start.

MotorcycleVacation67Large.jpg

MotorcycleVacation41Large.jpg

MotorcycleVacation43Large.jpg

MotorcycleVacation44Large.jpg

Now this is off of Highway 4 which is a nice little two lane road with constant turning. We ended up flying past the sign and went into Cove to gas up so we could do a U-turn to get the pics.

MotorcycleVacation69Large.jpg

MotorcycleVacation68Large.jpg

Bye bye 65mph state.

MotorcycleVacation72Large.jpg

Did a rest stop after going up Highway 23 after doing the 6 miles of tight turns.

MotorcycleVacation75Large.jpg

Old House.

MotorcycleVacation76Large.jpg

MotorcycleVacation77Large.jpg

Made it to Eureka and ate at Sparky's.

MotorcycleVacation78Large.jpg

This was Cold sauce.

MotorcycleVacation79Large.jpg

MotorcycleVacation80Large.jpg

Yup. You still suck.

MotorcycleVacation107Large.jpg

Got lazy and didn't put my cover on. Doing the wipe down first thing in the morning (Sat)

MotorcycleVacation82Large.jpg

MotorcycleVacation84Large.jpg

This critter was just hanging out.

MotorcycleVacation85Large.jpg

Went to the Harley apparel shop.

MotorcycleVacation89Large.jpg

MotorcycleVacation86Large.jpg

MotorcycleVacation88Large.jpg

MotorcycleVacation90Large.jpg

MotorcycleVacation91Large.jpg

MotorcycleVacation92Large.jpg

MotorcycleVacation93Large.jpg

MotorcycleVacation94Large.jpg

MotorcycleVacation95Large.jpg

MotorcycleVacation96Large.jpg

MotorcycleVacation98Large.jpg

Then off to Springfield, Missouri. Stopped at the Bass Pro Shop and a Harley dealership.

MotorcycleVacation100Large.jpg

MotorcycleVacation104Large.jpg

Came back to stay one more night at Eureka. Then off to LA.

MotorcycleVacation108Large.jpg

We got a pretty statue and flowers.

MotorcycleVacation112Large.jpg

MotorcycleVacation113Large.jpg

I think I've been here before.

MotorcycleVacation114Large.jpg

Ok. Now we're heading in the right direction.

MotorcycleVacation117Large.jpg

MotorcycleVacation127Large.jpg

MotorcycleVacation128Large.jpg

Mmmm......I'm thirsty.

MotorcycleVacation123Large.jpg

MotorcycleVacation124Large.jpg

MotorcycleVacation125Large.jpg

MotorcycleVacation126Large.jpg

Well. That's pretty much it. Didn't get a chance to take more pics since we'd have to stop a LOT more. I'm kicking myself for not mounting my camera on my bike for some nice vids.

Good pics.....I was there the weekend that they got hit with all those storms. Eureka got 8 inches of rain while I was there before I left........it's all good riding.....raining or not.

The roads where awesome. Coming back home made me depressed. Lubbock is a crap hole compared to the rest of the world.

Nice pictures and I agree, once you ride Arkansas, there nothing to compare to 'around here', except the Hill Country.
Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for the RR and pics! I'm supposedly headed for the Ozarks this coming Friday, but like your trip we are down from five confirmed riders to three. If the third drops (who is now beginning to "him and haw" around) and there are only two riders, we are cancelling the Ozarks and headed for the Tail of the Dragon. Cancel on us big boy I triple dog dare ya!!!!!!
:rider:

Great pics.

Good choice leaving the sneakers in the open air. Probably the freshest they've been ever. :lol2:

Never wore them. Although I did run out of clean undies, shirts, and long socks. I had to wash some in the motel sink while in LA. The socks didnt dry so they went under the cargo net on the way home. Dad has all the cargo space so he got all the dirty clothes.

I just went to Eureka Springs this past week end. I took the exact same picture ot the 259 Red river border crossing. That is the highway 259 border crossing right?

I just went to Eureka Springs this past week end. I took the exact same picture ot the 259 Red river border crossing. That is the highway 259 border crossing right?

Nope. HW37. It doesn't show it on street view but they installed a giant metal grate in the middle of the highway on the bridge. I can't remember exactly where on the bridge but you'll see it. Stay to the sides if you coming or going.

Well, upon closer examination......I'll retract "exact same picture" and submit- "stereotypically similar picture." :-P

Attachments

• OK 259 Border Sign.jpg
    OK 259 Border Sign.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 165
Back