• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Beyond EPIC 4: Sep 2-5, 2011, The Ozarks

This is my first dual sport ride and I'm pumped. Still need to pay my money. I'll be paypaling it on Thursday I promise! I'm leaving on Friday morning early and riding the wr250x from Arlington. I've been looking at trails in the ouachita national forest that im gonna pass through and i have a feeling that I'm gonna get really distracted once I get there! I'm on a little bike and can handle just about any trail. Any passes or roads you would recommend? Once I get to Paris, Tx I want to ride right through that forest on the way to Clarksville. I'm tent camping so can stop anywhere and get up early to make it to the Saturday morning riders meeting.

This is my first dual sport ride and I'm pumped. Still need to pay my money. I'll be paypaling it on Thursday I promise! I'm leaving on Friday morning early and riding the wr250x from Arlington. I've been looking at trails in the ouachita national forest that im gonna pass through and i have a feeling that I'm gonna get really distracted once I get there! I'm on a little bike and can handle just about any trail. Any passes or roads you would recommend? Once I get to Paris, Tx I want to ride right through that forest on the way to Clarksville. I'm tent camping so can stop anywhere and get up early to make it to the Saturday morning riders meeting.

Get into Arkansas as quick as you can before you start North on the trails. Quite a few of the Oklahoma trails require a permit. You probably will not no which one until a Ranger tells you. :eek2:

IMO , YMMV, and so on!

Jim needs a roomie.........Jim Griftner,formerly of Griff's Cycle in Lewisville just informed me that he needs a room mate/gas sharing partner for this ride. Jim says he can leave either Thursday or Friday. If anyone is interested call Jim at 214-762-5801

I can vouch for Jim, he’s a really good guy to hang with and he’s dang good with a GPS,so someone give him a call.

I hooked up with him. Thanks.

Folks, here is a great road construction/closure map for Arkansas.
http://www.arkansashighways.com/lanes/lanemap3.htm
I like the way they do this. Not much trouble for us, other then one lane closure on 62 near Eureka Springs due to a slide.....
:sun:

Actually I was there last week and it's not closed anymore. The just repainted the lines around the chunk of missing road. Guess paints cheaper then asphault :rofl:

Actually I was there last week and it's not closed anymore. The just repainted the lines around the chunk of missing road. Guess paints cheaper then asphault :rofl:
Thanks Albie! Reminds me of Vanishing Point and Smokey and the Bandit when the road painters were forced off the road by hotrods!! :lol2: :rofl:

Well today is our Friday. :clap: We leave tomorrow morning.
Unfortunately I am looking at the weather forcast, it looks like us cursed central texans are driving up the temp forecast and down the rain chance forecast. :roll:
I am beginning to think the only place I will see mud is in the dictionary! :storm:
But I am ready to Ride. Eat. Ride.
Sam

Thumbs up for Arkansas!

885745946_Lj3cc-M.jpg

You guys have fun and take a lot of pictures!

Justin

just cleaned my air filter and put a filter skin on, buttoned it all back up and calling everything good. heading up in the morning with Tom.

Ready! Set.... Go!........leavin' at 6:30 am tomorrow!

SAM_3619Large.jpg

Vinny and JT leaving Austin @ 0700. Safe trip. See you there.

Well today is our Friday. :clap: We leave tomorrow morning.
Unfortunately I am looking at the weather forcast, it looks like us cursed central texans are driving up the temp forecast and down the rain chance forecast. :roll:
I am beginning to think the only place I will see mud is in the dictionary! :storm:
But I am ready to Ride. Eat. Ride.
Sam

But Sam, did you see the forecast for Monday morning? Low of 59!

Packed up and loaded. "Electrified", his wife and I will be pulling out of Waco around 4:30am Friday morning if anybody is looking for a riding buddy.

We got to the motel around 9:30 Pm Friday evening. Time to put this dog to bed! I've been up since 4 AM and I never get up before 6!

We're riding the white Gold Wing so if any of the street guys have a plan, I'm all ears. I can ride aggressive- no "Gezzer Wing" here! It's only an old man's bike if you ride it like one- In room 218.

It was nice "talking" w/ you guys &girls tonight . Plenty of stories ......most of them true . The last of us have called it a night. Have a safe trip back .

Oh Man was that FUN! Give me a couple of days to recoop and I'm ready for another!!:clap:

It was nice "talking" w/ you guys &girls tonight . Plenty of stories ......most of them true . The last of us have called it a night. Have a safe trip back .
Back at ya, Vinny, nice to meet you sir!
:sun:

Had a great time! Had to leave out yesterday. Major wildfires are burning in Bastrop. Our entire neighborhood is gone. My house was completely destroyed. Nobody was home so we lost everything. My family is safe though and that is the most important thing.

Bastrop sorry to hear about your home- glad the family is safe.

Got back at 4pm. It was a long ride and my ankle is hurting and swollen again, oh well, was worth it!
Saw major wildfires on the way back. A water district guy was saying they are having trouble containing them.
Got home to find out the Plantersville house needs to be evacuated!

Dan (Bastrop) I had a GREAT time with you and your dad, and Im so sorry about your loss!! My home is open to you!

Back