• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Semi-permanent SHNF thread

Trails open as of 6:15. Updated first post on sticker price and spark arrestor.

Ive been sick eith sinus stuff all weel. Amd once again i goy no sleep last night. Im hoping i will feel better and am gonna try to get some additional rest. I will ipdate when i head that way but may not ne til later now.

I'm in. Loaded up and headed that way. I'm stopping for a sticker so eta is 9:30 or so. Don't wait for me.

Don't want to hear about it. Period.

+1 :lol2:

On a side note, according to the website, they require helmet and eye protection. The first post mentions it but the OP wasn't sure

my son and I are going tomorrow Sun Dec 18th but be there at noon Kellys Pond

my son and I are going tomorrow Sun Dec 18th but be there at noon Kellys Pond

My son had to work today and really wants to ride, so we'll probably be at Kelly's Pond also. May see you there...

I will be riding the east side south loop tomorrow ( 12/18/11 ) at 7.

If y'all are going to be a kellys pond around noon then I think I will come on over to the west side after I get a loop or two in.
I have never ridden the west side and tomorrow is going to be a Great day.

so how was the riding?

:tab I could have done without the branch up my nose... literally :huh2: Not sure how it got past the helmet and goggles, but I had visions of it going all the way up to my brain... Talk about whacked way to get whacked... :giveup:

:tab I hurt all over... a lot...Thank God for better living through chemistry! :mrgreen: Some ibuprofen, a muscle relaxer and I'm sorta able to walk around the house without making noises that scare the kids :doh:

:tab I could go a LONG time without seeing TONS of close spaced whoops... Those things were just wearing me down hard. My neck and shoulders are screaming at me over that stuff.

:tab Can't wait to get the 13/52 sprockets on the bike. I was rapping out first but second was just TOO fast for me and I would end up really lugging it. All in all, for my first time really riding single track trails, I'm pretty happy. Five minutes after Roger mentioned that you could probably clip a tree with the bar and be fine but if you hit it square on the hand guard you are probably gonna go down... I hit a tree right square on the hand guard and went down, hehe. Jqueen got the bike off me because I couldn't stop laughing. Thank God for good dirt boots though because the toes on the left foot were pointed into the ground and the heel took the full weight of the bike. I had another real slow get off, more of a tip over and I just stepped off, but the bike hit a tree perfectly right over the front fender and at the base of the head light. No damage though. I just picked it up and kept going. I was good for the first loop, but about half way through that second loop I was out of steam and getting really sloppy. It was frustrating watching Roger because he is just so smooth and I was back there flopping all over the place and working way harder than I should have been, hehe.

:tab The fall colors are some of the best I can remember in 17 years of living in this area. The Sweet Gum trees are bright yellow and red! Even the Oaks are a beautiful fiery orange.

:tab Did I mention I hurt all over... :giveup:

Here's a few pics...

Heading from Stubble Field Lake to Kelly's Pond
IMG_6670.jpg

At the trail head
IMG_6671.jpg

JQueen's DR 650, that he rides like a 250 :cool2:
IMG_6672.jpg

I froze to death riding down this morning, but it got hot on the trails FAST, so we stopped so I could shed some layers and wait for my heart rate to come back down out of the stratosphere... :twitch:(Justin on left, Roger on right)
IMG_6673.jpg

Roger's weapon of choice, 350 SX?
IMG_6674.jpg

This I liked... wide and no whoops, and the trees are further away than two inches! I'm still a bit wigged about trees being so close to me as I go careening through the woods...
IMG_6675.jpg

Justin and the DR 650
IMG_6676.jpg

A trail head... somewhere... I had no clue as I was just trying to keep up!
IMG_6677.jpg

Another view of Roger's ride
IMG_6678.jpg

The DR
IMG_6679.jpg

We picked up Jamie at the trail head for the second loop, he missed the first loop - KTM 450 EXC
IMG_6680.jpg

Sand I like... It makes for a soft landing :mrgreen:
IMG_6681.jpg

Taking a break on the second loop
IMG_6682.jpg

Heading home toward Stubble Field Lake
IMG_6683.jpg

I'm glad you finally got to taste the trails out there. And yeah those whoops will wear you out fast. Tomorrow (well later today :doh:) will be even worse :lol2:

I need to get out there soon. I'll probably end up calling in sick one day next month just to get a fix

Nice ride report and great pics Scott. I would have loved to join you but I was busy trying to chop down trees with my shoulder at Zars with Carl. :eek2:

we had a great ride, saw Roger and son

IMG_0812.jpg

video did not turn out well, will try to get something

have to go back for some better video :-P

[ame="http://youtu.be/xsMjUaVC8a4"]SHNF Dec 18, 2011 - YouTube[/ame]

The black Yaris with a trailer in the eighth foto is mine. I was doing the North Loop. Took me 4 hours. How long should it take for a good rider?

Nice report Tourmeister. Those whoops are famous with riders from many states. The Natl and state enduros have introduced them to riders from afar who always mention them afterwards. Relentless. And anyone riding those trails with true dualsport tires like that Suzy 650 has is to be congratulated. And about Rsquared, the young man just seems to float above it all, so smooth then he just disappears at will. Great to see y'all had a good time.

The black Yaris with a trailer in the eighth foto is mine. I was doing the North Loop. Took me 4 hours. How long should it take for a good rider?

:tab Dang, I wish I had known so we could have hooked up with you. Maybe next time. As for how long... well... I can't help you there, you'll have to get that from a "good" rider ;-)

And about Rsquared, the young man just seems to float above it all, so smooth then he just disappears at will.

:tab Yeah, that was my impression too :lol2: Fortunately he is really good about stopping and waiting so I never got lost :thumb:

I could go a LONG time without seeing TONS of close spaced whoops... Those things were just wearing me down hard. My neck and shoulders are screaming at me over that stuff.

I know the feeling. Back in the spring, I went out there with Budzrex and rode Thursday afternoon until Sunday morning. Three solid days of riding. I was definitely "whooped" out. Being a rookie to the dirt, they absolutely wore me out. My wr was a beast, I can't imaging taking a 650 out there. :hail: Next month I'll take a cr250r out and see how it does. :;-)

A friendly tip, get some grip donuts. When I went, I got some killer blisters in my hands. Jus' saying....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back