• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Share your Top 5 Places to go eat on a Bike in Texas.

Road Runner in Nash for Burger. Hard8 in Stevenville. David Beards Catfish Village in Longview.Aunti Skinners in Jefferson.

India's in Terlingua
Rio Bravo in Terlingua
Bad Rabbit Cafe in Terlinga Ranch - yes they love motorcycle folks:eat:
Kott's Cafe - Anderson TX
Owl's Nest Cafe - Anderson TX

Lucy's Cafe, Celina
Barrett Street Cafe, Wylie
Doc's, Muenster
Loose Wheels, Denison
Babe's Chicken, Sanger

Yankee's Tavern - Carlos
Hill Top Cafe - Crockett
Murphy's Steakhouse - Winchester
Coney Island - West Monroe, LA
Johhny's Pizza - West Monroe, LA or Ruston, LA or Sterlington,LA

I have someone who is going to help me make a map that can be used to help riders find some grub in whatever area of Tx they will be traveling. It is going to take a few weeks, but in the end we may have a cool tool to pass along recommended restaurants.

We should be able to add places as more info comes in.

...make a map that can be used to help riders find some grub

That's going to be so kewl, thanks so much. That's going to be really nice.

We tried Catfish Haven today because we found it here. I had the lunch special catfish, it was good, not great, fried corn was nice too. It's a place we'll keep in mind. I'll try the cajun catfish next time.

I have someone who is going to help me make a map that can be used to help riders find some grub in whatever area of Tx they will be traveling. It is going to take a few weeks, but in the end we may have a cool tool to pass along recommended restaurants.

The test version of the map is looking good and I'll be sharing it with Jack so we can get it edited and then get it out to TWT. Keep your places coming and we will have a good tool to use.

The test version of the map is looking good and I'll be sharing it with Jack so we can get it edited and then get it out to TWT. Keep your places coming and we will have a good tool to use.

I've contributed nothing because the Buffalo is submitting for our group.

But he, and I don't think anyone else, has mentioned the Bent Rim in Leakey. I thought it was going to be such a tourist-y rip off, and was so pleasantly surprised that it's reasonably priced really really good food. Burger style only.

Tex-Mex, Mi Tierra, San Antonio
Prime rib, Lawry's, Dallas
Oysters, Black Diamond Oyster Bar, Corpus
BBQ, N/A
Burgers/Steak Sandwich, Original Fudruckers, San Antonio
Chinese, Ding How, San Antonio
Road Food, Turkey Stop, I-35 S of the split

Chain Store alert- but I moved outta Texas in 1985

I don't get out much in terms of riding to eat but here's where we go in Denton...

Mi Casita - veggie burritos and guacamole tacos
Royal East - amazing crab rangoon, excellent kim chi
Bagheris - Italian food! and gyros!
J&J's Pizza - well, um... pizza - also huge salads
The Cupboard - great breakfasts
Banter - great...everything I've ever ordered

Man a GPX file of the exoprted waypoints for the Garmin would be too cool!:sun:

Tony has done a great job.

Here's a peek at what the map is looking like. It's still a work in progress, but it's too cool not to share.

Ideas are welcome, but don't be too critical. It is an volunteer job.

RTE Map

He doesn't get down to the coast much? I've explored the Rockport to Port A area and have found many good places to indulge in my favorite pastime. :eat:There is a guy on ADVrider that has a web page thats called Ride to Eat. He covers the whole USA and has many Texas eateries on his map, I've contributed a few places myself. Almost everytime I leave the house I have a destination in mind to stop and eat.:rider: If anything I need to start riding more and eating less.

He doesn't get down to the coast much? I've explored the Rockport to Port A area and have found many good places to indulge in my favorite pastime. :eat:There is a guy on ADVrider that has a web page thats called Ride to Eat. He covers the whole USA and has many Texas eateries on his map, I've contributed a few places myself. Almost everytime I leave the house I have a destination in mind to stop and eat.:rider: If anything I need to start riding more and eating less.

There are a lot of suggested places not on the map yet.

It's pretty easy to spot that the majority of suggestions have come from the Dallas area, East Tx, and the Austin area.

I am hoping when riders see the map they will add some that have been overlooked.

I also like Hairsmith's post about places that are great to picnic or just take a nice break. Still pondering if those should be on a map by themselves. If this map goes well, I am thinking a map that would have great places to pull over and enjoy a break along with some of the information from the thread about all of the cool places that Texas has to check out (scenic overviews and historical sites that would make a good break spot or a destination).

I think the picnic/RTE idea is a pretty good one. The East Tx crew did one at Love's Lookout N of Jacksonville and I really enjoyed the ride and the visit. I bet if we put our heads together we would find a lot of places that would work well for that sort of event. Especially on mild weather days.

I was looking back through the list and noticed no one has posted Sam's in Fairfield yet.

Fayette County Honorable Mention - JW Steakhouse, Carmine
Definitely add JW's to the map, they've only been open a couple years but a worthy stop. Carmine TX, half way between Brenham and Giddings on 290.

http://local.yahoo.com/info-48425709-j-w-s-steakhouse-carmine

Burrito Express in Winnie TX, order the #9 fried and tacos to go :clap: :eat:(you might avoid packing the chorizo taco's in your backpack, extremely greasy but to die for, literally:lol2:)!
The map is wrong, it's on 124 S. of 10 next to the Market Basket, next door to Dairy Queen.:eat: :clap:

http://local.yahoo.com/info-19200149-burrito-express-winnie

My other 3 have already been mentioned but a :thumb: goes out to the Southern Flyer at the Brenham Airport.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvmZkk1R4bA"]Southern Flyer diner is Best of the Best $100 Hamburger - YouTube[/ame]

He doesn't get down to the coast much?

No I don't, but you have to remember most of these locations are from other riders and I've never been to them. Post up your coast locations and Jack or I will update the map.

No I don't, but you have to remember most of these locations are from other riders and I've never been to them. Post up your coast locations and Jack or I will update the map.
Will do...I usually ride the bike to San Antonio and then rent a car to drive down to Rockport. Lots of good eat'n down there.

This is close to my heart :>)

1 http://lakecorpuschristirvparkandmarina.com/MarinaGrill_html.html
2 Baffin Bay Cafe (361) 297-5354 1291 E County Road 2360, Riviera, TX - Fish Ribs
3 http://www.dogandbeepub.com/ Fish & chips
4 Pepe Boudreaux's-Texas Mexican & Cajun restaurant bar and grill -
3145 Hwy 72 Three Rivers TX 78071 361-786-4938
5 Barnacle Bill's Pier House and Grill
15820 S Padre Island Dr, Corpus Christi, TX 78418
27.5853449106216 -97.2246151417494

Some That I like are:
Clear Springs in New Braunfels
Coopers in New Braunfels
City Market in Luling
Hard 8 in Brady
Salt Lick in Driftwood
Pickett House in Woodville
Clarks Outpost in Tioga
Downtown Cafe in Thorndale
Coopers in Mason
Longhorn Steakhouse in Bryan

Steve

Weather permitting I'm going to visit some of the painted churches this weekend.

Can anyone suggest a good lunch stop in the Schulenburg area?

I have all the locations I have received on the map. I am currently getting the locations in the index (side bar) moved into the correct order so please bear with us on that part of the map. There are a few I could not locate with the information provided. If you would, check your suggestions and see if you can give me a little more detail for the ones of yours that I missed. Some of the ones in question are:

Drifters BBQ in Huntsville
Mama Chloe's in Leakey
Barrett Street Cafe in Wylie
Rio Grande Mexican Restaurant in Study Butte
Gil's BBQ in Ellinger
Cicle (Circle?) V BBQ in Goldwaithe
Road Runner in Nash
The Bluebell for pie

I noticed a couple of the location tags were out of place after I got them set so you might look at your locations to make sure they are in the right place.

Any problems you see with any of the locations either PM me or Jack or post the information here and Jack or I will make the corrections.

Got any more locations? Post them up and we will get them on the map.

Thumper's Catfish Emporium - Smithville, Texas (seasonal :lol2:)
:rofl:
That one took me a little while to figure out :suicide: ... might have been easier if I had gone to bed :sleep: after my night shift instead of staying up to work on this. :rofl:

I have not placed on the map the 50 locations from Texas Monthly(?) that RB posted unless they were included in one of the other posts. Will look at adding some or all of them at a later date.

Back