• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Share your Top 5 Places to go eat on a Bike in Texas.

I though of another that our group has enjoyed in the past. We haven't been there in a while but it has always been good when we have gone there.

Cattleman's Cafe
120 West James Street, Blue Ridge, TX.

There is also Moore's Store in downtown Ben Wheeler, 1551 Farm to Market 279.

It's a decent place to get a burger and has some added advantages. After you eat you can go cross the street to the Scoots ‘n Scoops Ice Cream shop/Motorcycle museum and look at the old bikes while you have Blue Bell Ice Cream. Then when you finish that you can enjoy the twisty ride on FM 858 over to Martins Mill. :rider:.

There is also Moore's Store in downtown Ben Wheeler, 1551 Farm to Market 279.

It's a decent place to get a burger and has some added advantages. After you eat you can go cross the street to the Scoots ‘n Scoops Ice Cream shop/Motorcycle museum and look at the old bikes while you have Blue Bell Ice Cream. Then when you finish that you can enjoy the twisty ride on FM 858 over to Martins Mill. :rider:.

I can't identify which building is Moore's Store. I see a feed store and the Post Office/Hair Salon and Fire Station. The address in google sends me way down the road. Can you help narrow it down a little?

I can't identify which building is Moore's Store. I see a feed store and the Post Office/Hair Salon and Fire Station. The address in google sends me way down the road. Can you help narrow it down a little?

It's on the Southeast corner of the intersection of FM858 and FM279, across the street from the row of buildings the old post office is in on the west side and the fire house on the north side. If you are looking at the picture in streetview, that metal building on the corner is no longer there and the parking lot for Moore's Store is in it's place. Moore's Store is in the building just to the south of that metal building.

That streetview picture has to be 5 or 6 years old at least. The whole downtown area has been totally rebuilt and it's barely over a block long so hard to get lost there.

It's on the Southeast corner of the intersection of FM858 and FM279, across the street from the row of buildings the old post office is in on the west side and the fire house on the north side. If you are looking at the picture in streetview, that metal building on the corner is no longer there and the parking lot for Moore's Store is in it's place. Moore's Store is in the building just to the south of that metal building.

That streetview picture has to be 5 or 6 years old at least. The whole downtown area has been totally rebuilt and it's barely over a block long so hard to get lost there.

Thanks Craig. The aerial view was different than the street view so I'm pretty sure I know which building it is supposed to be from your description.

I liked The Smokestack in Thurber, a 2011 pie run location.

Sorry, I meant the Blue Bonnet in Marble Falls for pie. I'm looking forward to my spring ride and had blue bells on the brain. I'll get back with some coastal goodies later...Being a tourist I eat out almost everyday that I'm in the Lonestar and over a thirty year period thats alot so I need to search my archives.:eat:

Weather permitting I'm going to visit some of the painted churches this weekend.

Can anyone suggest a good lunch stop in the Schulenburg area?

My Painted Churches ride went well, and I found a good place in Schulenburg.

Located at I-10 & US 77 in Schulenburg, Paddy's Texas Kitchen gave me an excellent hamburger. They have BBQ and a good pie selection also. They're located directly across the street from the old established Franks.

29.69168, -96.90234 :eat:

My Painted Churches ride went well, and I found a good place in Schulenburg.

Located at I-10 & US 77 in Schulenburg, Paddy's Texas Kitchen gave me an excellent hamburger. They have BBQ and a good pie selection also. They're located directly across the street from the old established Franks.

29.69168, -96.90234 :eat:

Added to map, Thanks.

Shempys in Rockport is my favorite for seafood. The bread pudding is to live for. Macs BBQ in Rockport is very good. ..Moondogs in Fulton has good fish and pudding too...On the way to the coast stop by Vans BBQ at the Oakville exit on 37.... Rudys Q in Sinton is a national winner for its brisket....On the way west to BB or the Hills, Hermans Sons in Hondo has good beef......and one of my favorite Texas restaurants is Arcadiana in San Antonio. Awesom Cajun grub. They have a seniors and military discount.

Shempys in Rockport is my favorite for seafood. The bread pudding is to live for. Macs BBQ in Rockport is very good. ..Moondogs in Fulton has good fish and pudding too...On the way to the coast stop by Vans BBQ at the Oakville exit on 37.... Rudys Q in Sinton is a national winner for its brisket....On the way west to BB or the Hills, Hermans Sons in Hondo has good beef......and one of my favorite Texas restaurants is Arcadiana in San Antonio. Awesom Cajun grub. They have a seniors and military discount.

Most of them now added, still looking for Rudy's BBQ in Sinton since the map shows it in the middle of a field. Stool need to move the marker for a couple of the others. Thanks

Rudys in Sinton which is no relation to the chain Rudys is in mid town Sinton right on the corner of 181 and 188 I believe. Typical for Texas BBQ joints, its in a old gas station.

An update on Delia's in Mt Pleasant for anyone that might decide to go up there. They have changed their hours of operation and are no longer open on Sundays. We road up there today with hopes of having Salvadorian food and were disappointed to find it closed on Sunday.

I have all the locations I have received on the map. I am currently getting the locations in the index (side bar) moved into the correct order so please bear with us on that part of the map. There are a few I could not locate with the information provided. If you would, check your suggestions and see if you can give me a little more detail for the ones of yours that I missed. Some of the ones in question are:

Drifters BBQ in Huntsville
Mama Chloe's in Leakey
Barrett Street Cafe in Wylie
Rio Grande Mexican Restaurant in Study Butte
Gil's BBQ in Ellinger
Cicle (Circle?) V BBQ in Goldwaithe
Road Runner in Nash
The Bluebell for pie

I noticed a couple of the location tags were out of place after I got them set so you might look at your locations to make sure they are in the right place.

Any problems you see with any of the locations either PM me or Jack or post the information here and Jack or I will make the corrections.

Got any more locations? Post them up and we will get them on the map.

:rofl:
That one took me a little while to figure out :suicide: ... might have been easier if I had gone to bed :sleep: after my night shift instead of staying up to work on this. :rofl:

I have not placed on the map the 50 locations from Texas Monthly(?) that RB posted unless they were included in one of the other posts. Will look at adding some or all of them at a later date.

Sorry, Rio Grande in Study Butte is actually Rio Bravo.

One of my favorites is the Riverfront Cafe, 728 E. Sam Rayburn in Bonham. It used to be "Ben's".

http://tinyurl.com/6rcbpzh

Mama Jean owns it and cooks country home style that makes me smile. Weekend lunch offers a buffet. It really doesn't look like much, outside or inside.

We are still adding places to the TWT recommended cafes.

If you don't see yours on page one, be sure and check out page two of the map. I think we surpassed our limit per page.

I would like to reiterate the Ace Cafe in Vanderpool. Nothing like having a meat pie among all those beautiful bikes.

Back