• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

april 2012 medina pie run report

Reaction score
First Name
Leon
Last Name
Hogan
nice day for a ride in the hills today, we saw lots of cruisers on the way down and passing through Medina but the three sisters were very clear of cruisers.
but every place that catered to bikers was packed, it is like they come out just to ride someplace to get drunk, not to actualy ride out in the hills.:scratch:
no complaint here I enjoyed the clear roads.

thanks for the Maps Rod and congratulations to the three winners of the Butler maps!!

now for some pictures!
a301b412.jpg

super cool bike dog!
5d39f396.jpg

nothing to see here move along!
e0caa76c.jpg

they have moved stone hing from Hunt into Ingram and we stopped to see how it looked fixed up.
a4c90020.jpg

they didn't just move stone hinge, they also moved the ants from the entrance to stone hinge!

c75ea805.jpg

Thanks Leon for setting this one up and allowing us to ride the best roads in TEXAS!!! :clap: :sun:

Rode Saturday am from Garner State Park to Leakey, rode 337 to 55 to 335 to 41 to Hackberry Rd to 335 to Bull-head road to 336 to Leaky, 337 to Vanderpool, then Medina for pie.
Good tuna sammich and apple pie (in honor of VC Slim). Very nice to see the Austin regulars, and meet and visit with some new folks from College Station. Good to see Wise Carl and his riding buddy!
Then home through Bandera and Boerne to 474, 473 to old blancord to Blanco proper, then 165 to Chimney Valley Rd, Red Corral, Mt. Sharp to 202 to 3327, 150 to 21 (one bad accident and a heavy haul on 21!!!) to 535 to 20 to 95 through Swiftex, Mcdade, Butler, Beaukiss, Shiloh and home. Nearly 400 miles today, four water crossings, three sisters and thanks for Jerry for leading us out to Garner safely last night and to Neil's for grubbage!
1st picture......water crossing on Hackberry Rd, betwixt two sisters!!
2nd picture......naptime on the concrete apron beside a bubbling Sheperds creek on 473....slept about 20 minutes and the rest helped!
;-)

Attachments

• HACKBERRYWC42812.jpg
    HACKBERRYWC42812.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 159
  • shepardscreeknap42812.jpg
    shepardscreeknap42812.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 174
Last edited:
Glad y'all had a good ride. Maybe I'll be back on board in a month or 2.

they have moved stone hing

they didn't just move stone hinge, they also moved the ants from the entrance to stone hinge!

:shame: Psst, Leon, check the sign again:

d70_10674q.JPG

:lol2:

I got home about 3:15 this afternoon after a 360 mile western route home.
I liked the roads in the Hill Country a lot better - the south wind on I20 (crosswind) today from Abilene to Arlington was brutal...

I have some more pictures... :yawn:

Great pie run! It was nice to see so many folks out enjoying the Hill Country.

Thanks to MR2MUCH for bringing the maps, and to the lovely MCBelle for being there when they drew my ticket.

Sandwich and pie were wonderful.

We visited the museum and took some Aussie meat pies back to D'Rose for supper later.

First we needed to ride the other two sisters. Trying desperately to avoid the parade bikes. I mean, really, is there ever any reason for a motorcycle to be slower than a mini van? And, going THAT slow, must they cross the center line to successfully negotiate a curve?

I would pull over and stop, wait for several minutes and, driving the posted speed, would catch up again to the parade in five miles. Granted, compared to the squid squad we met on 337 this morn, I can't honestly decide which I like less in my lane on a blind curve.

The meat pies were delicious (mine was the Aussie-Mex) and the weather was beautiful, looking forward to another pie run.

MCBelle's Easter Egg is now overdue for the 600 mile service.

Thanks again to FocusFrenzy for putting this together, and for the reverse stalking Saturday. Seems like we saw him everywhere we turned.

Great pie run and fantastic riding in the beautiful Texas Hill Country. The campout at Garner State Park was a lot of fun as well. Enjoyed meeting some new potential friends too. As usual, I was too full from the huge hamburger from Love Creek Cafe to enjoy any pie. I don't think I've made a pie run yet where I actually have eaten any pie.:trust: Is that legal?

I don't think I've made a pie run yet where I actually have eaten any pie.:trust: Is that legal?

:rofl: I have had that problem in the past & solve it by taking a whole pie home! :eat:

Otherwise, plan to leave some room for dessert...

Our destination:

d70_10625q.JPG

The early crowd - check out the big, stone apple.

d70_10624cq.JPG

Advertising

d70_10622q.JPG

Anybody know what these thangs are? :lol2:

d70_10623q.JPG

more coming...

Didn't have pie either.......BUT.....That Orange/Apple Dream cookie I had instead was flippin fabulous.

I rolled back in from the pie run/campout about 4:15 today after splitting off from Phil (Liteitup) in Gatesville for the last leg on my favorite backroad/CR shortcut to Speegleville. 714 showin on the trippy meter (& a bit of a slightly tired smile on me)

The whole weekend was great.....From the ride down on Fri afternoon (& Phil puttin up with my inability to estimate time!) Me: We should be rollin in to Garner around 7-7:30.......It was 8:30!!! but it was all good. Met lots o new folks...at pie & the camp. Fun bunch at Garner.....Definately.

BIG THANX to Leon for handing out the tickets for the Butler Map drawing (& for doing this at the last minute!!!!) I wasn't sure I was gonna get to come down until a couple of days prior.

Hope ya'll winners are gonna like those maps.....
THE WINNERS...CaroleAnn ...MotoTex & ....TexTom (Thanx for the screen name update Scott)

...& another BIG THANX to all those of ya that bought maps from me too.....
Enjoy the future rides that the maps will inspire & the roads they'll lead ya to.

Only thing was.....I didn't get any pix on this trip.....(wish I would have)

Many thanks to FocusFrenzy for putting together another successful pie run. We had a great time chasing you around the "sisters"!

(Thanks also for changing that creepy avatar for me!) :eek2: Lookin' good now!!:clap:

MotorcycleBelle

(Thanks also for changing that creepy avatar for me!) :eek2: Lookin' good now!!:clap:

MotorcycleBelle

That one unfortunately is temporary for now till I find the perfect fuzzy kitten avitar.

Sorry about the previous one, I didn't know we had so many people afraid of evil killer clowns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anything's better than the scary clown avatar. Reminded me of a Stephen King story or something.

Reminded me of a Stephen King story or something.

I guess you haven't met Leon. :eek2:

If not, you should - you are kindred spirits - both getting clobbered in the same intersection (and surviving).

They will let anyone into these things, even Austin area folks

d70_10626q.JPG

camper alert!

d70_10627cq.JPG

d70_10628q.JPG

d70_10629q.JPG

more DFW folk - Sean (SeanfromTX), his daughter, and fellow Rexer

d70_10630q.JPG

Art (aharbi) needed a photo of himself with the "wife's bike"

d70_10643q.JPG

d70_10644q.JPG

:thumb:

I guess you haven't met Leon. :eek2:

If not, you should - you are kindred spirits - both getting clobbered in the same intersection (and surviving).

Hee hee, yes - at the Fairfield pie run. But he reminded me more of Stephen King than of one of his characters.:mrgreen:

They will let anyone into these things, even Austin area folks

d70_10626q.JPG

Can't have a good pie run without those kind! The ride there was great, the ride home was just as great. Thanks to the leaders that got us there safe and home again! Took home a slice of pie and a trinket for the kiddo and I won a map!

:rider:

That one unfortunately is temporary for now till I find the perfect fuzzy kitten avitar.

Sorry about the previous one, I didn't know we had so many people afraid of evil killer clowns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reminded me of a video game, twisted metal, sweet tooth

Sent via VZN Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Some more folks arriving. These FJRs buzzed us a couple of times...

d70_10640cq.JPG

and finally decided to light.

d70_10641q.JPG

a couple more riders from the north

d70_10642ch.JPG

Hmmmm :ponder: what iz that over there?

d70_10645q.JPG

It's James from Sealy with a 60s Beemer. James had the garage full of old motorcycles and parts but has trimmed down to just a few BMWs.

d70_10646bq.JPG

back to the Austin group. Now just who is that in the yeller jacket on the ST1300? :trust:

d70_10647cq.JPG

more arrivals

d70_10648cq.JPG

Well, no food pictures - I was too busy eating. If you missed the Apple Ice Cream - you missed it. :nana:

Outside afterwards, this little guy gets a lot of attention. Steve (xcgates) pets Fred, a 12 year old Chihuahua-Terrier mix that rides in the crate on the back.

d70_10636q.JPG

There they go!

d70_10655ch.JPG

and James is off, too

d70_10650q.JPG

A few folks had to head home to handle other obligations but most took advantage of the great weather and fantastic riding in the area. :thumb:

Back