• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

The Baker's dirty dozen rides Clarksville, Ar.

Mudd Missile

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Three days of great riding around the Clarksville, Arkansas area including Mocassin Gap. Some people camped out while others chose the luxuries of the Days Inn. Guys, let's post some of the great videos and pictures. Here is the thread.

Three days of great riding around the Clarksville, Arkansas area including Mocassin Gap. Some people camped out while others chose the luxuries of the Days Inn. Guys, let's post some of the great videos and pictures. Here is the thread.

:popcorn:

:popcorn:

:chug:

Let's get a move on, boys. We need stories and pics. Stat.

Guys-2.jpg

Here's Edwin in the tub, trying to figure out how to use the GoPro

EdwinsSwim.jpg

Ozarks in the spring...what more can be said?

ozarks.jpg

Starting the day with a hearty breakfast (ruffin it). :eat:

breakfast.jpg

StingRay, OKDQ, Oilfieldtrash and Greeneggs&ham at one of dozens of water crossings.

scottetc.jpg

Mr. Peerson is a genuine character and a hoot to visit with. Good people and a gracious host at his cabin.

cabin.jpg

Greeneggs&ham on the "trail."

sam.jpg

Vinney making it all look so easy.

vinny.jpg

John the Baptized with the reverend Izz presiding. :lol2:

baptism.jpg

John the Baptized with the reverend Izz presiding. :lol2:

baptism.jpg

Speaking of water Baptisms, shouldn't a video of the Rev. Izz baptizing himself be surfacing soon?

I also believe a video involving Stingray and a spider should be surfacing soon. Here's a preview: :eek2:.

Come on you computer savvy guys who were on this ride, post up!

Last edited:
Great riding, good trails and good friends. :haha: Just some pictures with very little commentary. :clap: Yes, I knew you would appreciate that.

A view from RG, JT, David and Vinny's camp area.
Clarksville_4-12_011.jpg

They said it was quiet and very restfull. But if you look at RG's pancake picture, you will see the reason. (upper right corner) :party:

Our first break in the Moccasin Gap riding area.
Clarksville_4-12_014.jpg

Carnage at the end of the day. I think it had been leaking for awhile, but the multiple falls on the first day did not help.
Clarksville_4-12_015.jpg

The Repair. I love JB Weld! Lot's of it was used on several bikes thoughout the ride.
Clarksville_4-12_017.jpg

That's all I have for the first day. JT did a great job of leading us. Several riders split about mid afternoon, to head back to camp. That's when I noticed my radiator low. :hail: Vinny, Izz and Stingray gave up water so I could keep riding. So off we went to, Buzzard Hill?? At the bottom of the hill, it was already up to 3/4 scale on the temp gage. So I left the group to join the others back at camp. From the stories told later, they had a great time.
I needed to come up with a plan for repair so I could ride again tomorrow. Back in Clarksville, it was decided JB was the best choice for now. Off to O'Reilly's we went. The repair held, and after clean up here at the house it is still holding. :thumb:

Last edited:
Day 2
JT lead us up north out of Clarksville. We were to check on some trails that had been closed since the Spring tornados of last year. It was all good riding, several trails were still blocked, several good water crossings. One of which I happened to go fishing in. I was glad to hear the riders following me were slow on the cameras, or they were just laughing to hard to hold the camera still. It doesn't matter, no pictures! :thumb:

Trailside Break. Only JT knows where.
Clarksville_4-12_021.jpg

Here's a waterfall. This is my artsy picture for the trip.
Clarksville_4-12_026.jpg

Here's another shot of the same creek.
Clarksville_4-12_027.jpg

And to end the day, dinner in Oark.
Clarksville_4-12_030.jpg

I don't remember the ride back to the hotel. To be sure, JT had more dirt included. But several bikes had to have maintenance done to them before the last day. Subframes broken, holes in clutch covers just to name a couple. Sam

Day 3
JT took the group up northwest I think. It was Saturday morning and I had spent the previous evening removing tadpoles and minnows from my riding gear. :oops:
We were checking new routes, from what I was told, so there was alot of new trails I had not seen before.
Here is Edwin, (you can't see him 'cause he's in camo pants) and Jack telling David the proper way to lube an elbow. Never use cheap grease! OKDQ and Chad in the background.
Clarksville_4-12_032.jpg

Here is Jack's countershaft guard on my 690r. He included the "Neverdirtypaint" formula for no extra charge. It Works!
Clarksville_4-12_034.jpg

Here's another waterfall in Ark.
Clarksville_4-12_035.jpg

This is Mr. Peerson's cabin, as RG showed you earlier. Notice the lawn mower in the front yard, it was being used just before we got there, and was put to work right after we left. :ponder: It was a great place to take a break, and he is truly a good host.
Clarksville_4-12_045.jpg

More picture's of the Baptisms. I should have been drenched too, as my face could have used some washing, but all I could think of was the dust that was going to stick to it when we left. But we ended up staying long enough that it would have dried. :shrug: Lesson here, clean your face every chance you get. :argh:

JT
Clarksville_4-12_053.jpg

Vinny
Clarksville_4-12_054.jpg

RG
Clarksville_4-12_055.jpg

Here's a view from the porch. Notice no work is being done here.
Clarksville_4-12_064.jpg

Here's a view of the porch. Again, no work here.
Clarksville_4-12_067.jpg

I did not include any pictures of his barn. But for those of you who love old barns, Mr. Peerson has a nice one. Nice stone wall on the property also.
Then we meandered over to Oark and ate, then had a nice dirt road/trail back to Clarksville. It was a great 3 days. I enjoyed riding with everyone, and the after ride discussions in the parking lot were particularly fun. :chug: Sam

Jack might have ended up needing Neosporin in addition to elbow greese

Jacksarm.jpg

I promise to use my camera next trip. I didn't get a single picture this time. Every trip to Arkansas is better than the last. It's the riders that make it so.
When do we go again?
:party:
JT

One of several crashes involving the dirty baker's dozen. JT was pisssed to say the least! No riders were seriously hurt (besides their egos) during the filming.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1-aOUnf0iM"]Clarksville04 2.avi - YouTube[/ame]

[You need to use the LONG LINK when you click on the SHARE button. Embed code does not work. - TM]

Last edited by a moderator:
One more try to see if it works. If not, someone can tell me how it is done.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/m1-aOUnf0iM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Can't help you Brother but am eagerly awaiting the carnage!:lol2:

Here it is.
I was frustrated, shouldn't have tried to climb it in second. When it stalled, it was so steep, the front brake wouldn't hold it and my left foot couldn't touch the ground, boom. Oh, well, got a cool looking Ozark tattoo on my hip. :haha:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1-aOUnf0iM"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1-aOUnf0iM[/ame]

Love these reports. Btw are those bricks slippery, and who the **** goes all the way out there and lays bricks. What used to be there?

Back