• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

The Bastrop Summer Big Ride

That's ok. I had a dual sport ride in Barstow to Vegas in 2011 and I struggled and got diverted. I did a little pavement, bailout time to catch up.
That was the last dual sport ride I had been on.
In fact I am writting a story about the trip.
Thanks for all the video and photography work I've seen in Bastrop.
ATK 605

Before the fire this might have been a nasty head-on. The fire opened up the sight lines and made faster speeds much safer. (looking for a silver lining)
The link didn't work like I wanted. go to 4m54s[ame="http://youtu.be/XrRB8PeEJns?t=4m56s"]Bastrop Big Ride 4 - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
Thanks, everybody. I had fun and am not burned out at all, just bummed that 4 riders fell out. I'll do it again, but a little differently.

:zen:
Don't be bummed. If it was 100% perfect, then it would look easy. If it looks easy then everybody would do it. If everybody did it, then it would not be fun nor special. We did fine missing the turn. With my son being a newbie it was probably for the best... aka meant to be. He really got a good taste of it and is looking forward to the next excursion. :rider:

Did you catch his handle on TWT, or is he a lurker?

If you are lurking, come out and play!

:sleep: Come on Hancock, still waitin' on pics! :photo:

ALL RIGHT

guess who this is :lol2:

IMG_1113.jpg

.........lonnie............:rider:

iI don't remmber you handle's (chime in dude)

father an son TEAM..:clap:
AT LEAST his son was on a HONDA..:thumb:
.........lonnie.........:patriot:

That is Dao and his son, whose name escapes me right now. I remember when both his boys were little and just learning to ride. Makes me feel old to see him riding on the street.

ALL RIGHT

guess who this is :lol2:

IMG_1113.jpg

.........lonnie............:rider:

Lonnie you are a funny *******! That's why I couldn't go, I KNEW someone was watching!

And you into the mailboxs actually made me laugh, out loud even. That was a well documented ride, lets do it every week.

Back