• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Tricepilot's BBQ4U - JULY 14th, 2012

I also figure I need to add Stephanie to my list of thanks. I think, and I might be wrong, but she must have been the person behind the scenes prepping the fish for the fry.

She most definitely was! I was dehydrated and went braindead about 8 pm (WHILE I was at the grocery store!) and she stormed in and saved the fish fry. I still felt (and according to reports, looked) a little stoned the next morning, and quite seriously, the goodness would not have happened without Stephanie's instructions and potions, and Dody's manic-ninja knife skills. Thank you all, secondly for making me look good, but firstly for seamlessly making everyone's bellies scream in delight Friday night.

Last edited by a moderator:
She most definitely was! I was dehydrated and went braindead about 8 pm (WHILE I was at the grocery store!) and she stormed in and saved the fish fry. I still felt (and according to reports, looked) a little stoned the next morning, and quite seriously, the goodness would not have happened without Stephanie's instructions and potions, and Dody's manic-ninja knife skills. Thank you all, secondly for making me look good, but firstly for seamlessly making everyone's bellies scream in delight Friday night.
Awesome, thanks for the clarification. Sometimes those behind the scenes don't get thanked enough even though their contributions are huge.

In my wrap up post from this mornin...I missed sayin thanx to all those folks who made this event possible....so I'll remedy that right now....

BIG ...REALLY BIG THANX TO ALL WHO ATTENDED & PROVIDED THEIR OWN PERSONAL TOUCH ...WHATEVER IT MIGHT HAVE BEEN.....cookin...cuttin up the meat...bringin deeelicious goodies to the table...cleanin up after all was said & done... a spot to crash when needed & another to take a dip...
providin sittin spots & tables....Tents....drinkables (of all types)....on & on & on........

BUT MOST OF ALL LAUGHTER....MAYBE A FEW LITTLE LIES...(told in good fun) & LOTS 'O LOVE OF LIVIN..... I'm glad I found a group of floks like ya'll to have fun with.

BUT MOST OF ALL LAUGHTER....MAYBE A FEW LITTLE LIES...(told in good fun) & LOTS 'O LOVE OF LIVIN..... I'm glad I found a group of floks like ya'll to have fun with.

What an outstanding quote, and the perfect description of this past weekend :clap:

I hit two micro storms on the way home. I'd jumped in the pool with all my gear on so I was nice and cool for the ride out of SA, by the time I got dry the first storm hit me and wetted me down again. The second was too small to do anything. However, I rolled into Seagoville with heavy storms to my left which rolled in ten minutes later. Great timing!

We enjoyed the BBQ4U event immensly and would like to again thank all those that worked hard to make it happen and to Tricepilot for hosting it. We met lots of interesting folks and look forward to seeing many of you again out on the road...

Thanks once again to our esteemed host and all the cooks who made this gig possible.
Took me a whole day or so to recuperate from all the great food .

The only thing wrong with this event was that it is only once a year!!
Seems like not often enough.

Another wonderful excuse to meet friends and eat tasty meat.

Thanks to everyone who had a hand in making it happen!

I've started a viscous rumor (EDIT: dang spell checker, "vicious" rumor, though viscous may still apply) that next year the event will be held in the Alamo-Dome as word spreads and the number of pits continues to increase.

Did anyone ever start a betting pool on when TricePilot would finally collapse? If so, who won? ;)

Lickin' my chops in anticipation for the next one.

Thanks for putting on the event, Bob and crew. Although I missed most of the crowd and a bunch of friends I was really hoping to see, I still had some great food, got to meet Mrs. Tricepilot and a few other guys, and witnessed that Bob was still awake somewhere around 5PM. Next year, I'm going to have to spend the night. Well done guys!

It was also the first time my wife ever dared ride on the back of a bike outside the neighborhood, since 1993 or so, as best I can remember.:zen:

Just don't forget to bring me back one of them Fatty's!

Let me see about cooking you up some along with biscuits and making a run up to the shop..... I'll need to think about when and get back with you. Just make sure you don't have a cardio-appt or cholesterol check the next day.

Let me see about cooking you up some along with biscuits and making a run up to the shop..... I'll need to think about when and get back with you. Just make sure you don't have a cardio-appt or cholesterol check the next day.

TOMORROW...bring them tomorrow!!!...I have to take my BMW to them then:lol2::eat:

Tricepilot, I just joined this forum so that I could issue a sincere Thank You! for the hospitality and lunch on Saturday. I was just passing through on my first SS1K and had received an invite to stop in from Gixxerjasen. I had mixed feelings about crashing a "Biker BBQ" but trusted Jasen to not lead me astray. I was overwhelmed, astonished, and moved by the friendliness and respect that you guys showed for my SaddleSore attempt. When I was handed a plate of food because y'all knew I was in a hurry I could barely speak to say thank you. The BBQ was so good I almost abandoned my SS1K to eat my fill of it. The great food along with the opportunity to visit with so many real motorcyclists was almost overwhelming. When I turned into that street and saw all those, uhhmmm, Serious Motorcycles, I knew I had come to the right place.
SS1K was completed successfully. I will be submitting paperwork to the IBA this week.
18hrs36min
1029.4 miles (counting the 16.9 mile BBQ detour)
22.507 gallons of premium unleaded
45.736 mpg
One dirty but wonderful, blue Honda ST1300
Thank you all!

Tricepilot, I just joined this forum so that I could issue a sincere Thank You! for the hospitality and lunch on Saturday. I was just passing through on my first SS1K and had received an invite to stop in from Gixxerjasen. I had mixed feelings about crashing a "Biker BBQ" but trusted Jasen to not lead me astray. I was overwhelmed, astonished, and moved by the friendliness and respect that you guys showed for my SaddleSore attempt. When I was handed a plate of food because y'all knew I was in a hurry I could barely speak to say thank you. The BBQ was so good I almost abandoned my SS1K to eat my fill of it. The great food along with the opportunity to visit with so many real motorcyclists was almost overwhelming. When I turned into that street and saw all those, uhhmmm, Serious Motorcycles, I knew I had come to the right place.
SS1K was completed successfully. I will be submitting paperwork to the IBA this week.
18hrs36min
45.736 mpg
Thank you all!

Congratulations future fellow IBA member and welcome to TWT.

Glad to see you around Redfish and that you made it back. Now, once you recover, you see that attending a TWTex pie run is totally possible. Don't worry, you don't have to be a Texan to attend, thanks to the Suzuki Bandit this board has folks from all over the world as members.

...When I was handed a plate of food because y'all knew I was in a hurry I could barely speak to say thank you.

Glad you enjoyed it! I was hesitant about loading up a huge plate knowing you still had half your ride to go. Having done many SS1K's, I know what heavy food can do for comfort...

SS1K was completed successfully.

Welcome to the 'club'. The really cool part? You KNOW you can ride a grand in a day now so take a map and protractor, measure out 500 miles from your home and draw that circle. It's all available for an out and back. Now for fun, make that circle out 1000 miles. Sort of gives you a new perspective on riding now, doesn't it? :clap:

Las Chicas del Lugar:

CA07131220255625-L.jpg

Hot chicks...

On Saturday morning I find Hardy Baker folding a camping gadget: a new-to-me widget called a Go Kot.

So I'm all :ponder:

I like gadgets......

So Hardy proceeds to show me the handy Go Kot

Go Kot

While he's showing me this thing, in my head I"m thinking "I gots to get me one of these!"

So I call the Go Kot people on Monday morning and order me and Tricewife 2 Go Kots. Size regular for her and a long (7') for me.

I begged the lady :pray: to ship them to me 2-day. She says fine. I have to have them by Wednesday....

We'll be using them this weekend and all next week at this event:

RAGBRAI

Basically a week long, 500 mile bicycle ride with camping each night with 10,000 of your friends. ;-)

Just a side benefit of having all these moto heads come together at the bbq - lots of experience, lots of different bikes, and the chance to connect with folks doing a lot of cool things. :clap:

Last edited:
T
18hrs36min
45.736 mpg
Thank you all!

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Not to turn this into a camping gear thread, but normal sized people can have a [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Aluminum-Featuring-Resistant-Polyester-Flashlight/dp/B004C6GXOU/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1342531366&sr=8-5&keywords=voyager+cot"]comfy, light weight cot that packs well for moto camping[/ame] for less money.

31ckq17230L.jpg

I did make a comment in another thread, but I, too, would like to send out a big thanks. The folks were extremely friendly, and the sweet tea was great. I stopped by late on Friday, just to check it out, and see if you good folks needed any help (everything was well under control), and then again on Saturday with Redfish. I'm looking forward to meeting more of you on various runs. Work is a bummer, so lots of my time is taken up with that, but I got lots of weekends!

Thanks to all!

Always a good time at Casa TP and the BBQ just wrecks me for restaurant chow for the next 12 months.

Enjoyed all the laughs in the pool with Andrew and Stephanie while hearing all about their adventure north. Definitely on my bucket list.

Thanks to the chefs and hosts for a splendid time. Gotta pack more energy drinks next time.

Enjoyed the ride home with Mr2mch. What I didn't sleep through, anyway. My grandmother grew up in Oatmeal and drove a horse and buggy to Bertram for middle school so I always enjoy riding through that area.

Now back to planning the next México ride.....

Back