• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Istanbul, Antalya & Side (Cee-Day), Turkey

Duke

Reaction score
First Name
Duke
I recently had the privilege of heading to Turkey. Dianne had to work an event down on the Mediterranean out side of the town of Antalya.

Here are a few of the photos that I took.

Hagia Sophia
i-r5Jt4Nw-L.jpg

Lamp Store near the Grand Bazar
i-TLvLBZx-L.jpg

Not so crowded light rail train
i-88LjMFW-L.jpg

Basilica Cistern
i-V8GWGCg-L.jpg

A ceiling from one of the Harem Rooms in Topkapi.
i-NV8P25H-L.jpg

Sunrise at our hotel outside of Antalya.
i-8HBbJL5-L.jpg

Turkish Bath in our Hotel.
i-hr2wFW8-L.jpg

:rofl:
Dianne & I.
i-4CMKQh6-L.jpg

Ruin's near our hotel.
i-TH5SxrW-L.jpg

Ruins near Side

Temple to Apollo & Athena (I think)
i-Zrfj26V-L.jpg

Fresh Squeezed Pomegranate Juice.
i-G3LMnd8-L.jpg

Here is a link to the entire gallery.... still working on many of these.

Thanks for looking.
Duke

I really enjoyed my brief trip to Istanbul last year. The food was fantastic and we were treated very hospitably.

The sight of head scarf clad ladies rocking out at the concert, mobile phones held high was something to see!

I guess this means Turkey is now on my list. Looks like a great time!

Duke, I just got a chance to look through your whole gallery. Awesome documentation of your trip. :clap: I enjoyed them all.

We just returned from Italy and if nothing else, I've learned that American history is practically laughable in comparison to what they have over there.

Once again Duke,

You're one of the best photographer's on TWTEX. You have a very keen sense of selecting the subject and making the background content compelling.

Arabic architecture was so much more advanced and intricate than its European equivalent. I can almost see "Algebra" in its origins.

RB

Back