• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Just a bridge...

Llano River at Junction

LlanoRiverBridgeatJunction.jpg

Here's one in AR that threw me a curve. I dropped the side down and when I put my foot on a cross board to throw my leg over, the board had rotted off under the tread board under the bike. :doh:

Luckily I was able to get my foot on the next board before it when through the bridge deck. I'm sure I would have pulled the bike down on top me had that happened.

I walked the bridge and found several boards in this state and one I checked broke and fell in the river when I put some weight on it.

Something to think about when stopping on old bridges.

bridge.jpg

That could have been bad if your leg went through, you went over with your leg still down there and the bike came down on top of it. Snap. eek!

Perzactly. :eek2:

I thought about it several time that day. Glad the GS has a strong side stand to support enough of my weight (which is allot :oops:) until I could get my footing.

Beveridge Bridge-Suspension bridge over San Saba River on CR 200
IMG_7061.jpg

Under the Nueces River bridge off Hwy 55
IMG_0923-1.jpg

Llano river bridge - Llano, Texas

I must say: some of these look familiar...now, where's that head scratchin' smiley..

though not in Texas, a very popular bridge w/ motorcyclists

just north of Eureka Springs, Ar

ALL WOOD

Attachments

• IMG_0224.jpg
    IMG_0224.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 223
  • IMG_0225.jpg
    IMG_0225.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 226
Here's a historic bridge that unfortunately no longer exists due to a kid playing with matches.

Dewy Bridge

IMG_5989_800.jpg

IMG_5987_800.jpg

This is one of favorite roads / bridges just off Highway 7 in Arkansas. Highway 123

Attachments

• AR 123 wheelie.jpg
    AR 123 wheelie.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 239
Most folks have been to the pretty restored bridge over Brushy Creek near Coupland east of 95.......but I found two other old bridges WEST of 95 at the end of a gravel/ old paved road. The wooden bridge surfaces were once paved, too. Be careful of you drive over these on a big bike.......one has to traverse the first and travel about 100 yards to get to the 2nd.

Pic 1- first bridge....go slowly and carefully across, a good idea to walk it first and plan your path

Pic 2- Second Bridge, would need an axe to get to this, or a couple of strong guys to move this tree.....also some 18" gaps in the surface of this bridge...not sure how sound it is for riding...

Lemme know we'll go there sometime!!! :sun:

Attachments

• Couplandbridge1sm.jpg
    Couplandbridge1sm.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 245
  • Couplandbridge2sm.jpg
    Couplandbridge2sm.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 247
Good exploring there, Gravel Guy. :clap: Found the location on Google Maps, but I can't see any evidence of the bridges from here. :sun:

Just back from BBNP trip.

Crossed the Pecos on US90.

Attachments

• IMG_2819 (Large).jpg
    IMG_2819 (Large).jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 226
Not in Texas, but the rider and the bike are... :rider:

IMG_0172_resize.jpg

IMG_0174_resize.jpg

IMG_0179_resize.jpg

IMG_0196_resize.jpg

[ame="http://youtu.be/kinWkrBX1EQ"]http://youtu.be/kinWkrBX1EQ[/ame]