• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2013 Hico Pie Run

Nice day down there and service was great. Was it me or did the prices go up? Pie and CFS with iced tea was $17.

Re: Pie run I: January 1-26-13 Hico

Can't talk about the prices as I was the second to arrive and slow to leave, without eating any thing, but had a great time looking at bikes and talking with owners. It was great riding even passing autos going too slow on gravel and me on street tires.

Guzzi's like to run in the cool weather. Plus a big thanks to a Erath county Sheriff for not noticing i was running above 80, when I passed him, on 205 heading home.

Last edited:

Cheeseburger, slice of pie, and coffee - all for $10.50. I thought that was reasonable.

Fantastic to meet some of ya'll. First pie run was deemed a success for me. Much praise for Mr2much and his epic backroad meander both to and from Hico.

I'll be looking forward to more pie!!

It was cool seeing that sea of beautiful motorcycles in front of the Koffee Kup. Never been there when it was ALL bikes, cool sight.

Nice day down there and service was great. Was it me or did the prices go up? Pie and CFS with iced tea was $17.

About same for me - I think it was the CFS (which comes with salad) that was the big ticket. I was stuffed...

We had 7 bikes and 8 riders leave SW Arlington at 8:00 AM. We collected 3 more bikes and 4 riders at the Cleburne courthouse square. It was foggy and damp which seemed to make it colder to me.

Met and talked with a bunch of folks & seemed to have a good bunch of new faces. Lynn, one of the owners, said he counted 77 bikes around the cafe at one point. He also contributed by riding his Zuma 125 scooter. :zen:

I'll have some photos a bit later. I know Robin took a bunch.

Typicall Koffee Kup Pie Run - good day, good food, good service, good pie, and good people!

We had a great time, and had a good ride back, 5 hrs, 300 miles...........just cruusn!
Phil, Village mills, TX

This was my first pie run and it was a blast! I've gotta stop hanging with you guys because now I "need" about a hundred new accessories that I never knew about...

Didn't eat either, but had a great first pie run. You guys have some AWESOME motorcycles!! I need to find out a better way to know who is who, I really sucked at that but excuse is I'm new here!! Coming across the bridge in Hico and then getting my first glimpse of the parking lot, what a smile I had! Thank you very much to the San Antonio crew who was nice enough to keep it really SLOW for my little TU, great guys! Hopefully very soon I will be able to keep up a lot better.

$14 for three tacos, pie and coffee. :eek2: Still, I'd pay it again just for the entertainment value gained from socialization and tire-kicking. The ride up was colder than expected but pleasant none the less. The ride back was perfect riding temperatures.

Didn't eat either, but had a great first pie run. You guys have some AWESOME motorcycles!! I need to find out a better way to know who is who, I really sucked at that but excuse is I'm new here!!

I can't use that excuse, this was my 39th pie run and I still have trouble remembering names!! :confused:

I-phone panoramic pic.
059.jpg

obligatory pie picture! (peanut butter)
1F030830-2EBD-4BB8-A873-F1E9824BA3EA-11442-000007A3E7A0A433.jpg

nice turn out and lots of new people and only one head on crash:doh:

My first TWTex event and pie run today. Thank you for making me feel welcome. I look forward to attending future events. Just to provide a reference point I was on the 2006 FJR parked on the gas station side.

Joe

The weather didn't deliver as promised. Shame on those weather people. ;-) Regardless, it was far FAR from a repeat of Jan 2010 when it never got over about 28F.

I, too, got the chance to embarrass myself by not remembering old friends 3D names. And, Slim, you're going to kill me next time, but I just realized I STILL don't remember yours. It's tough having a full brain, sometimes there's no room for more information.

My slide show:
http://www.rwashburn.com/PIERUNS/2013_01_26_Hico/
I enjoy doing them. And, don't throw rocks at me if you don't like the pix, and if you don't like the sound track, turn it off :lol2:

'Night y'all.

The weather didn't deliver as promised. Shame on those weather people. ;-) Regardless, it was far FAR from a repeat of Jan 2010 when it never got over about 28F.

I, too, got the chance to embarrass myself by not remembering old friends 3D names. And, Slim, you're going to kill me next time, but I just realized I STILL don't remember yours. It's tough having a full brain, sometimes there's no room for more information.

My slide show:
I enjoy doing them. And, don't throw rocks at me if you don't like the pix, and if you don't like the sound track, turn it off :lol2:

'Night y'all.

many thanks, robin

almost as good as being there

sw

I haven't made a run in awhile. Good to see old faces and meet new ones.

Thanks to Kurt for leading our group on our chilly ride north. And thanks to Greg for leading the small group on our slightly less chilly ride home. By the time we made it home the sun finally came out and the temp was what i expected to be the low for the day.

And I give thanks for the pie:)

After staying up late with the wifey watching movies I went to bed late. Alarm went off after barely 4 hours of sleep. I got out of bed and started getting dressed. Then my self assessment kicked in and I realized I wasn't in any condition to operate a motorcycle so I went back to bed. Missed out on a good time it looks like, but oh well, there'll be more.

After staying up late with the wifey watching movies I went to bed late. Alarm went off after barely 4 hours of sleep. I got out of bed and started getting dressed. Then my self assessment kicked in and I realized I wasn't in any condition to operate a motorcycle so I went back to bed. Missed out on a good time it looks like, but oh well, there'll be more.

But...

but...

Jason my dear, you're still young!

...And, Slim, you're going to kill me next time, but I just realized I STILL don't remember yours. It's tough having a full brain, sometimes there's no room for more information.

My slide show:

'Night y'all.

No worries or reprisals Robin. It's Greg Hall. Lots of soft sounding letters in there which makes my name somewhat silent when pronounced.

Very much enjoyed your Hico pics AND the music. I managed to get myself in one shot by using my signature move.

Stop in Kempner going to Hico. Bobby, Robb and Mike.
To_Hico_Trio.jpg

Some of the Austin Posse in Hico. Kurt, Dave and Ed.
ATX_Squadron_Leader_01.jpg

Koffee Kup parking lot scene.
Black_beauties.jpg

Stop in Briggs on the way back. Bobby, Jeff and Mark.
From_Hico_Trio.jpg
Never found out what was up with that decorated table in the background.

Here are a few that I took:

Nice little place.
2012-01261_zps58e738bc.jpg

"I've been everywhere, man...."
2012-01269_zpsf849e227.jpg

Had to sneak in a picture of my WeeStrom.
2012-012615_zpsc041b4c5.jpg

Lynn (Lynyrd) whom I rode down with.
2012-012619_zps85af763f.jpg

Leon (the Piemaster), admiring the catch of the day.
2012-012623_zps5ede37cc.jpg

Mike (hope I remembered your name), our other table mate.
2012-012622_zps1a24aa45.jpg

Yup, this is why I drove 210 miles round trip.
2012-012621_zps2805c8f1.jpg

Full house.
2012-012625_zpsce068d0c.jpg

Back