• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2013 Hico Pie Run

Thanks for doing a good job of leading Kurt.
It was my first trip on my little Piaggio Scooter,man I had a great time.
Thanks to all the guys for looking out for the old man,It makes great memories that can't be bought. And even though I can't remember names , I remember your faces, and The ENTIRE group is a swell bunch of folks. God Bless!

Since a lot of the same pics I took so did others I'll just post a few that are different. First is obligatory of my bike.

DSC00020_zps6cb7b25b.jpg

Robb, Rusty and Mike (Austin guys)
DSC00015_zps7a038e7b.jpg

A newer Moto Guzzi
DSC00014_zps5215ad12.jpg

An older Moto Guzzi
DSC00010_zpse252e937.jpg

A Triumph, a Buell and an Aprilia
DSC00001_zpsaf00b276.jpg

My first pie run yesterday and definitely not my last. I'm not sure why it took me so long to join a TWT event. Thanks to Kurt for leading us up to Hico and vc_slim on the return ride home. Great to meet new folks and talk bikes. Look forward to another pie run or another planned ride. Hint, hint Greg.

It was a chilly morning, but the coffee sure helped that. Here's my little photo of the bikes in the front:

P1265118-P1265121.jpg

(click to view on Google's picasa, then click the magnifier in the top right to zoom in.)

This missed all the bikes around both sides of the building - including mine :(

Re: Pie run I: January 1-26-13 Hico

Fantastic to meet some of ya'll. First pie run was deemed a success for me. Much praise for Mr2much and his epic backroad meander both to and from Hico.

I'll be looking forward to more pie!!

Hey puma (is it Dean?) hopefully I remember it right....
Glad you could join in on the fun Saturday, even though it was pretty overcast & a bit cool. I like all those little paved goat paths (as Tom calls em) ...& there ARE TONS OF EM. We try to get a little group together almost every weekend... (& sometimes even weekdays are game for me).

These PIE RUNS were tailor made for gatherin a group together to explore our little known bits o pavement (or gravel) on the way to & from some tasty eatin... & enjoyable meetin.

Thank you Robin for helping me with my avatar picture you took of me leaving the pie run for home yesterday!

Thank you Robin for helping me with my avatar picture you took of me leaving the pie run for home yesterday!

I see the full res one worked. That's great. You're most welcome.

Now if I can just get Tim's camera fixed so i don't look so fat I'll be happy! Good picture though Tim!

You guys are so funny. I wonder if I can handle it better in the curves now that we're both " thinner"! A thinner Gold Wing! Lol!

I was just thinking, and that takes a lot of effort sometimes on my part, that in our wedding picture from 35 years ago ( to the same woman) that i was thin like that...oh well, I like to eat!

Like this:

ThinLynn.jpg

I had a white wing. But I don't recall it being so slender. :nana:

As for the late post, I have a good reason. On the ride home I lost my music. Thought the battery died on the blue tooth. No big deal, I'll just plug in to the phone at the next stop. We arrive at the stop, go to plug in and no phone. :doh:

Back tracked 60-70 miles with no luck. :pray:

Good news is I got out of my contract for free. :wary: Started a new one with Sprint and I5 phone. We will see if this was a mistake or not. I liked my service with AT&T.

JRW69, it was a pleaser meeting you. The weather may have been better than 2010 but I got just as cold. Different bike, no electric and no layering. :loco:

Still had a great time seeing old friends.

My first pie run yesterday and definitely not my last. I'm not sure why it took me so long to join a TWT event. Thanks to Kurt for leading us up to Hico and vc_slim on the return ride home. Great to meet new folks and talk bikes. Look forward to another pie run or another planned ride. Hint, hint Greg.

Stay tuned for future RTE developments as they happen Jeff. Very much enjoyed the ride camaraderie as well as the pie.

You guys are so funny. I wonder if I can handle it better in the curves now that we're both " thinner"! A thinner Gold Wing! Lol!

Geez, Leon - You were crushing me in the curves on your "chubby" Goldwing.

Our group that started in SW Arlington:

L18_1966q.JPG

Our fearless ride leader, Sean, on the right
(I think that is Jamie (shipman) on the left)

L18_1968q.JPG

L18_1969q.JPG

L18_1971q.JPG

At the Koffee Kup - Pamela (she used to have a screen name) and Nathan (1TallTXn)

L18_1972q.JPG

To Tim, chubby Gold Wing! LOL! Her name is "Pearl" and I won't tell her you said she was chubby,Lynn.

More in Hico

Ed (dualsportrider)

L18_1977q.JPG

tshelfer and Lynyrd

L18_1979q.JPG

L18_1981q.JPG

Rusty (woodbutcher) has great taste in gear! :thumb:

L18_1982q.JPG

Back