• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Walburg Pie Run

Re: Pie run VIII: Walburg German restaurant 8/31

Great seeing so many folks for this pie run. Can't say I saw anyone eating pie but no one went away hungry. Thanks!

We left Ken's Coffee Trailer in Austin around 9:45 this morning. Rusty led a group consisting of Scott, Dao, and myself. After we stopped at Rusty's house to pick up his wife and we proceeded to link up with two more dual-sport riders on their WR's at a nearby location. After some time we going down a road that appeared to not have speed signs, we rounded the hill and Rusty was tagged by Williamson County Police. We were all pulled over and waited in the heat while Rusty was given a warning ticket. We rode on for another 20 minutes and arrived in Walburg ready for delicious German cuisine.

Leon, what a great place to go for a pie run and the biergarten fun! I had the Farmer's Plate (homeade sausage, crisp light schnizel, ham steaks, sauerkraut and mashed potatoes). Finished the entire lunch with apple strudel! As always the friendly TWTEX members make every pie run a memorable occasion. It was good to see the regulars plus meet new members as well.

Till next time folks.

RB

You know the rule . . . No :photo: it didn't happen.

You know the rule . . . No :photo: it didn't happen.
:trust:

CIMG2639Copy_zps55531cfd.jpg

Great ride :rider:, great day :sun: great food :eat:, great seeing everyone :wave:, everything was GREAT! :clap:

CIMG2635Copy_zpsf053d977.jpg

CIMG2638Copy_zps8c6efe9f.jpg

CIMG2637Copy_zps134472e0.jpg

CIMG2636Copy_zps83134f86.jpg

CIMG2632Copy_zps275a1e50.jpg

CIMG2631Copy_zps6ec2f44a.jpg

CIMG2630Copy_zps5ccf6317.jpg

Real funny MotoTex, real, real funny. :rofl: Looks like you're not the only clown. :lol2:

CIMG2642Copy_zpsd2db9ac7.jpg

The other group pic.

CIMG2641Copy_zps1daa76f7.jpg

220 miles for me. Seeya next time,

R

That was some of best food I've had on a Pie Run. No pie, but food was really good. I logged 365 miles for the day. Was 81 when I left the house and stopped at Roots in NRH for coffee. 104(on the bike) by the time I was back home.

Leon crafted a nice route from Cleburne. Had a nice mix of bikes from Sport Tourers and DS to HD's, to include a particularly nice 2014 Ultra Limited. Coming back, it was barley legal speeds on a nonstop run up 35 trying unsuccessfully to outrun the heat.

I'm ready for a fall/winter pie run.

355 miles for me. My pointed-the-wrong-direction temperature gauge reads in Celsius and read 42 at a couple of stops.

42 C = 107.6 F :eek2: It was warm

Good to see folks like Kurt's Rhonda meet Rusty's wife. Also good to talk with Kurt and Rusty and Fred. Also met Zephyr from Zephyr! :zen:

I soooooo wanted to go ta this place..... I'll hafta plan a little run down there on the goat paths.

Good turnout for the type of weather we've had goin on.

We managed to make 70 miles out of it. 96 when we left the house, saw 104 on the way back.

boy those Schnitzengruben really wear you out! :lol2:

I promise, next months run will be cooler... and you will want to fast before going because Goodson's is suppose to have the best CFS in the state! :eat:

Enjoyed meeting everyone. First pie run for me, Fraulein on the other hand is an old hand at these. Good to chat with Red Brown, Kurt, Tourmeister and others I can't remember names for. Hope to see everyone next month.

Hey, great pie run today! Really good to see old friends again and to meet some new ones,(thanx Leon, the food rocked!) Chuck, I'm glad I saw your wee-strom, I was thinking about selling mine, but after I talked to you, I changed my mind, or came to my senses if you're a V-strom rider! Walter, I enjoyed your company, Robert, hope you don't fry tonight at the camp. Thanx TWT's for the good time and the comraderie, really a fun event to attend.
Jason(Notsofas!)

Good to chat with Red Brown, Kurt, Tourmeister and others I can't remember names for.
Must have been some one else. I was still in bed at 1:00pm. :sleep:

Yeah, it's already not been a great weekend for me. I'm whacked up on pain killers and antibiotics, waiting to have a root canal done next Tuesday...

Tourmeister Jr? I'm not a politician, so I don't remember names very well.:mrgreen:

Probably either Woodbutcher or DBL. DBL was next to me Rusty was across the table. Red Brown was there as well.

Tourmeister Jr? I'm not a politician, so I don't remember names very well.:mrgreen:

That was me. Red Brown made a comment along the lines of Tourmeister Jr. and I didn't let you know my screen name.

Probably either Woodbutcher or DBL. DBL was next to me Rusty was across the table. Red Brown was there as well.

That was me. Red Brown made a comment along the lines of Tourmeister Jr. and I didn't let you know my screen name.

Name or forum function? Three Admins were there and a Mod today.

Now THAT is pretty funny...... Three replies within a minute of one another. :rofl:

Well we didn't arrive until around 1:10 pm...........as most EVERYONE was leaving or already gone. Sorry I missed it, hope everyone made it home safely. :(

I was the one asking everyone if they had seen DaveTX.

DaveTX, sorry we missed you, folks I asked said you just left literally right before I got there. We did get to meet Ken from IIRC Cedar Park, it was nice meeting you.

I think we got Gilk51 beat lol,

325 miles for the day......... and still another 153 miles to go until we're back home. We are staying the night here in Bastrop and will head home in the morning via 21 to 183.

This was the farthest I have ever riden in one shot, the FIRST time my wife has ridden as a passenger farther than 20 miles, our first overnight bike trip, ect.

First pie run, had a good time. Thanks Leon for putting together a nice ride down to Walburg, enjoyed riding down with the group. I'm ready for the next one! :eat:

Back