• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Walburg Pie Run

anyone else got pics?
i managed to be hidden in a few of them, and one u can actually see my face in...

but there was a whole group of bikes that was missed from the pics i see.

cool pics of the other bikes though :)

39.8 miles each way. It was horrible. Never doing that again. :-P

I snapped a few pics before leaving. Sorry I left before my fan club arrived but having to go to work later made for some time constraints. I'll be on the pie run next month to Tomball but then I won't have Saturday's off for the rest of the year. Here ya go:

DSC00009_zps91bcfce7.jpg

DSC00007_zps8619c613.jpg

DSC00008_zpsfe84061b.jpg

DSC00006_zpsa5857acb.jpg

DSC00005_zps7223b3ee.jpg

DSC00004_zps29e18e1d.jpg

DSC00003_zpsf9656cbb.jpg

DSC00002_zps291ec6c2.jpg

DSC00001_zps5c439eac.jpg

Great ride , great food , great seeing everyone , everything was GREAT!
No wait! It was :sun:HOT:sun:

Well, we just got home. :-D

Final mileage was 520 miles, not a lot for most but for us it was a trip with multiple firsts. :shock:

As usual I over packed (had enough clothes for probably 3 days instead of just an overnight. lol), but we still had some extra room between the Cortech Sport saddlebags and the expandable tank bag.

We're both a little sore, a little tired, and although we tried to stop and drink water/gatorade often, probably a little dehydrated.

It was a great trip which would not have been if not for my wife. She was awesome on our little adventure, and hopefully she will be willing to go on more.

boy those Schnitzengruben really wear you out! :lol2:

I promise, next months run will be cooler... and you will want to fast before going because Goodson's is suppose to have the best CFS in the state! :eat:

I may have to drive all the way out to Montgomery to ride in with my friends just north of Houston. If I don't it is a mere 3 mile drive.

It was a great trip which would not have been if not for my wife. She was awesome on our little adventure, and hopefully she will be willing to go on more.

Yea:clap::clap::clap::clap: for the wife!

Final mileage was 520 miles, not a lot for most but for us it was a trip with multiple firsts. :shock:

That's good news! Glad you made it back in one piece and have the rest of the weekend to recuperate.

That's good news! Glad you made it back in one piece and have the rest of the weekend to recuperate.

Thanks, although I will be at the PD tomorrow working the noon to midnight shift. :doh:

The wife has off though, and well deserved that's for sure. :clap:

No foodie pics yet??? :eat:

Schnitzel with Jaeger sauce, sauerkraut & red cabbage:

i-6Nhz3NG-XL.jpg

Delicous & nutritous!

Black forest cake with whipped cream, chocolate shavings, cream cheese topping & a generous dousing of Kirschwasser.
i-8s5gv4b-XL.jpg

Mmmm Mmmm good!

is it just me? or did the name of that cake remind anyone of HAM? "blackforest ham"??? for that reason alone i couldnt eat that cake.. had to stick with an old fav.. german chocolate. and OMG it was GOOOD!!!

is it just me? or did the name of that cake remind anyone of HAM? "blackforest ham"??? for that reason alone i couldnt eat that cake.. had to stick with an old fav.. german chocolate. and OMG it was GOOOD!!!

Let's face it.....German is not one of the romance languages. :lol2: Their naming of foods leaves a lot to be desired too.

Re: Pie run VIII: Walburg German restaurant 8/31

I had never been there before that day. Nice place & great food!
And, ohhh the shame of it... you caught a picture of my truck there. :shame:
Was hoping no one would find out.

Back