• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

September 28th pie run reports

In first! Here are my photos....

DSC01102.jpg

DSC01116.jpg

DSC01079.jpg

DSC01080.jpg

DSC01081.jpg

DSC01082.jpg

DSC01083.jpg

DSC01084.jpg

DSC01085.jpg

DSC01086.jpg

DSC01087.jpg

DSC01088.jpg

DSC01089.jpg

DSC01090.jpg

DSC01091.jpg

DSC01092.jpg

DSC01093.jpg

DSC01094.jpg

DSC01095.jpg

DSC01096.jpg

Nice pics Brad. I love that matte black Stelvio - not sure I've ever seen one like it before. Looks nice and dry in Tomball. Right now DFW is getting a soaking. Looks like everyone heading north is going to get at least a little wet. Ride safe everyone!

Had a blast, very well attended event!

Didn't see the Grom there but the kids did

That was an easy 300 dry miles for me.... l just love playing "thread the downpours" game. Speed up/Slow down to put you there ahead or after the sky-dump does it's thing on where you believe the road is going. :mrgreen:

Always good to see old friends and meet some new ones too.

Thanks Leon for another one in the books. :clap:

What is that black Honda under the burgundy gold wing and on top of the red white and blue honda sport bike ?

It was a dry run down, had a great time there, and down poured the whole way back to Fort Worth. Passed a fjr in the rain don't know if he was from the pie run or not. Jusy pulled into the house, I call it a successful day.

l just love playing "thread the downpours" game. Speed up/Slow down to put you there ahead or after the sky-dump does it's thing on where you believe the road is going.

:mrgreen:Did quite a bit of that as we meandered back towards Austin. Managed to stay relatively dry.

Expected to be the first there after my riding buddies bailed out...
Got a little rain on my straight home ride.
I had a tasty burger, fast service, but their food tracking / delivery skills need improvement.

From mobile

:tab Snoopster and I rode on wet roads all the way back to Huntsville, but we managed to never get into any rain. I did see some heavy showers and lightning in places. Apparently it must have come down REALLY hard here at my house. My garage had almost 2" of water in it across the entire floor and my gravel drive way was almost washed away!

:tab It was nice to get out and see so many folks. I figure if I keep meeting the same people at the Pie Runs, eventually some of the names will start sticking with the faces :doh:

Expected to be the first there after my riding buddies bailed out...
Got a little rain on my straight home ride.
I had a tasty burger, fast service, but their food tracking / delivery skills need improvement.

From mobile

in their defense we had 44 signed up including probable and actual turn out was over 60, Kathy the manager said if she knew there would have been that many (all at once) she would have had two more waitresses come in.

got back at 6:40pm showing a total of 447 miles, on the way down it rained from just east of Waco on hwy6 pretty much all the way to Magnolia. on the return trip it was hit and miss and from the water on the sides of the road it was mostly miss all the way up to Bellmead before the bottom dropped out.
fortunately it didn't last long and I broke out into the clear by West.

after Goodson's Jeannie , Jeff and my self went and checked out the air show

null_zps3a96909e.jpg

null_zpse7a50ead.jpg

null_zpse3f516c6.jpg

null_zps8fedd5e5.jpg

in their defense we had 44 signed up including probable and actual turn out was over 60, Kathy the manager said if she knew there would have been that many (all at once) she would have had two more waitresses come in.

got back at 6:40pm showing a total of 447 miles, on the way down it rained from just east of Waco on hwy6 pretty much all the way to Magnolia. on the return trip it was hit and miss and from the water on the sides of the road it was mostly miss all the way up to Bellmead before the bottom dropped out.
fortunately it didn't last long and I broke out into the clear by West.

after Goodson's Jeannie , Jeff and my self went and checked out the air show

Leon, what I criticize in ('good terms') is that they did not have a slight idea of who order what; I would think when you take the order in a restaurant, regardless of the size of the tables, you write down the person's location in the (for example middle table, fifth person, left side..), or some sort of guide for the one bringing the plate, other than having screams. Maybe not a big deal if they have been in business for 50 years...

We had refreshing ride from Austin with our group of around eight riders led by Greg. We dodged the worst part of the storms but still managed to go through a few heavy down pours.

The RainX performed very well on my windscreen and the water just beaded off. On our return trip we had one lighting bolt just suddenly hit the ground in what seemed just a few hundred yards away.

Thanks Leon! Great to see everyone! Another great pie run....

:rider:

RB

Lotsa :photo: 's

CIMG2673Copy_zps3a81b6ac.jpg

CIMG2675Copy_zps16d02e7d.jpg

CIMG2676Copy_zps9b9cdeb5.jpg

CIMG2677Copy_zps3d114194.jpg

Have to admit, we caged it. :doh: It was raining hard at departure time and the :storm: was heading in the direction of travel. Agman's K12 would've had a problem just getting from the house to the gate :eek2: so we jumped in the Jeep and took off. My call, he was ready to :flip: it but... :shame: Nah! :lol2:

4 wheels or 2, great food, friends and parking lot party!

Jerry, is it really you? Could it be? :zen:

CIMG2683Copy_zpsff4bf389.jpg

:eek2: :rofl: :rofl:

CIMG2684Copy_zps9c8bb501.jpg

CIMG2681Copy_zpsaf1b352b.jpg

CIMG2680Copy_zpsa0c173a2.jpg

CIMG2682Copy_zpsaa7d75a9.jpg

CIMG2688Copy_zps88f868c8.jpg

CIMG2690Copy_zps53307b3f.jpg

Zepher's Super Tenere with those cool retro graphics. :trust:

CIMG2697Copy_zps07ba8ef2.jpg

And the bike of the day hands-down was Bagwell's Honda Grom! :clap: We met Bagwell last spring at the Texas Mile. Small world huh? :mrgreen:

Agman on the Grom....:trust:

CIMG2696Copy_zps536f074c.jpg

Snoopster on the Grom....:trust:

CIMG2695Copy_zps088cbe7e.jpg

My cuz Hunter on the Grom.....:trust:

CIMG2694Copy_zps7f7eb8ed.jpg

Mr2Mch on the Grom.... :trust:

CIMG2698Copy_zpsd1608e17.jpg

And of course, yours truly on the Grom....:trust:

CIMG2693Copy_zpsb64110e6.jpg

I need one of these like another hole in the head, but.....hmmmmmm :ponder:, it sure looks fun. :rider:

CIMG2691Copy_zps1d29cf7a.jpg

From there we headed off to the fly-in at Hooks Airport. :sun:

CIMG2699Copy_zps39e868d3.jpg

CIMG2700Copy_zps09c4d922.jpg

My plane. I let other people use it from time to time. ;-)

CIMG2701Copy_zps5a144674.jpg

CIMG2703Copy_zps29b2215f.jpg

CIMG2704Copy_zps23bc61a6.jpg

CIMG2712Copy_zps31b3a3b1.jpg

Texas Raiders!

CIMG2706Copy_zpsedc5d053.jpg

Agman, me and Hunter. :wave:

CIMG2710Copy_zpsedf3ccc0.jpg

Seeya next time,

R :rider:

Last edited:
Rman.... I seem to have gotten a little over exposure there..... Yessir Yessir 3 pics full.

I had a great time yesterday.... Even with the rain on the way home around 6:30PM

GOOD TA SEE ALL YA'LL

Back