• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Bastrop County Loop

RollingJ

You can be a 0 or a
Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Last Name
Sims
JT, Jqueen, Mototex, My6, TravelDiva and I rode the Bastrop County Loop this morning and had a great time.

Here's a little sample.

[ame="http://youtu.be/WrVEPw_A7Ak"]Bastrop County Loop Highlights - YouTube[/ame]

We ended up eating at Jalisco's instead of the Roadhouse as there was a long line for a table.

After lunch, Mototex peeled off and the rest of us met AustinJake on the trails. TravelDiva did great for her first time on dirt, and kept a smile as she was challenged.

After a loop on the powerline, AustinJake, Jqueen, and I left My6 and TravelDiva at the trailhead and we blasted over to a new, very rough trail I found. Before we got there we had to deal with a flat front tire on Jqueen's KLX that he probably picked up on the exit of the bridge. We ripped up the new trail and rode for about an hour. We parted ways at 4pm and I raced home to momma.

Thanks for riding, guys! I had a great time!

Joel

Last edited:
Great video Joel, as usual. Looks like there was still tons of mud and the old abandoned bridge looks fun as well. I'd have joined if I didn't have so much to do around the house today and finally change the rear tube in the KLX that had a slow leak for ages now.

There was water in the holes, but there really wasn't much of any mud to be found. Bastrop is mostly large grained sand and it drains very well.

I came to a spot on a new trail where a couple small (6") trees had fallen across the 'road'. I saw a line as I was approaching that had me hoping the right log, cutting around a few trees, and getting back on line. I don't know exactly what I did wrong, because I was lifting the front tire, but I didn't lift it enough, the log was at a 45 degree angle, and it shot my front tire to the left. I went flying!

Last edited:
TravelDiva and I had a Great Time and MAN what a beautiful Texas Sunday!!:sun: After the split Debye's leg was beginning to stiffen up a bit so we decided to head to the house. Joel, great job putting this ride together. Looking forward to the next time we do it, what a great area to have as a backyard. I envy you buddy.:dude:

Looks like a good time was had by all. :clap:

Thanks for getting the video up so quick Joel. I had a great time, and I really envy the fact that you live where you can tie all that off-road together through Bastrop. Keep it up the way you do- small groups and quiet bikes- it would suck for those areas to get closed off.

See you next time

Lookz like u found some new stuff in the area.

The first water crossing was on Gotier Trace near the intersection of South Old Potato, the rutted sand is on Schwantz Ranch Road, the second water is on the side of 290 between Old 20 and Old Mcdade Road, and the bridge is in Bastrop, bit I'll have to show you that one.

I found a new off-road section near the trails, and it's really rough. Good stuff indeed. You need to make it out sometime.

Edit: Did you type that last post with your thumbs?

Last edited:
Here's the trail I took Jqueen and AustinJake to.

IMG_6882.jpg

This doesn't look so bad, but you had better pick the right line!

IMG_6885.jpg

IMG_6886.jpg

IMG_6887.jpg

IMG_6888.jpg

IMG_6889.jpg

IMG_6890.jpg

Awe maaaan! I would have loved to have kept going with y'all but my riding partner had a bruise that needed some rest and attention. Most definitely next time......

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

OMG! That crevice is deceptively deep. Who's that under that helmet and what kinda bike is he on?:coffee:

I had a blast on my first dirt experience. Thanks RollingJ for planning it and to all for the patience you showed this dirt newbie. Would it be okay if I reposted your video of us on my FB page to show my F&F?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Post away! It was nice showing both of you my little slice of heaven.

Last edited:
Thanks! MY6 and I look forward to visiting your slice of heaven again soon!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Back