• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Incendio En Las Nubes

:clap:

Rugged stuff... those obstacle things are! Thorns a la wazoo...everybody just run cement tires?

We are all running slime or in my case I use either RideOn brand or I put 13 patches on my tubes or both, most of the thorns were achieved after a night at La Kiva:

IMG_2206_zps20dde0d1.jpg

We had mored flats at Roll the bones. Not a one in Big Bend ./ Mexico or Mt Cinega
Hey Conquistadors , somebody post some of the epic climb pics. They are very artistic. My website skills wont do them justice.

Attachments

• DSC00143.jpg
    DSC00143.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 196
  • DSC00141.jpg
    DSC00141.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 194
You know where we got the idea to go camping in the Mexican dessert to start with...well you know that mural in the Starlight Theatre, that has that dude that looks like Roy Orbison?:

mural_zps6f6de3e5.jpg

The day after Mexico, the rain has moved on and we made our way into the Big Bend Ranch state park. We followed one of the "unmaintained" roads in the northern part of the park till the mapping showed it ending. At this elevation we could see our mountain back in mexico, from the day before, a short 38 miles away as the crow flies:

38miles_zpscbdd55c1.jpg

You can see from the rugged terain why the road doesn't continue higher:

endofroad_zps9bf8ab0a.jpg

I'm thinking it doesn't look that far, I guess we can just hike up there, since we are already here anyway:

thatfar_zpscf21ae18.jpg

Boy was I wrong:

art_zps023a495b.jpg

Once on top, I could see a beautiful valley beyond and maybe some kind of spring or fountain, at least I felt young while I was there.

view_zpseb1c95d6.jpg

OK, hold on a second. So far we have seen Izz as Commander and Chief (see photo in post 41, wearing the official commander in chief scarf.)

As Trail Blazer (see Ka-bar wielding Izz)

As vaquero (see Izz on pony)

As welder (see Izz fix who's bike?)

As cook (see Izz make tortillas)

As singing cowboy (in Starlight Theater, no less)

good grief, man!

The bike he welded was Terranaut's, but now it's mine (to be my son's)!

I'm jealous of the freedom, for sure.

That trip was one of the original exploration trips we made to the mountians outside OJ. Here's some picts/videos from it, think most of them were post at one time or another.

100_0636-L.jpg

I fell in the same spot. Luckily my fall was cushioned by all those big, sharp rocks.

Dang you, Godzilla Hill. .:miffed:

This was a fantastic trip. One of many I have taken with The "Conquistadors". It may look like work, but in all my riding experience ,I have never been more completely satisfied completing these ADVENTURES.
Thank you Conquistadors, my friends. Cant wait till the next conquest!
Vamanos!

:rider:

Attachments

• DSC00210.jpg
    DSC00210.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 189
OK, hold on a second. So far we have seen Izz as Commander and Chief (see photo in post 41, wearing the official commander in chief scarf.)

As Trail Blazer (see Ka-bar wielding Izz)

As vaquero (see Izz on pony)

As welder (see Izz fix who's bike?)

As cook (see Izz make tortillas)

As singing cowboy (in Starlight Theater, no less)

good grief, man!

Adventure riders come from far and wide to drink from the great well of Iz.
Only the chosen few are selected to participate:

100_0398-L.jpg

The most dedicated find the true reason to travel to such remote locations:
--The Mid-Mountain Motorcycle Jamboree--

100_0335-L.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for letting us tag along!

(Is it over?)

The last night of the trip started at the infamous Kiva and somehow transcended to a round of acrobatic adobe games.

That story is not suitable for this site......
:mrgreen:

IMG_4379-L.jpg

IMG_4395-L.jpg

Another excellent weekend with my fellow Conquistadors. Already making plans for the next Jamboree! :rider:

Last edited:
Back