• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Abandoned Gas Stations

On US 77 near Carl's Corner. I guess Bio-Willie put 'em out of business. :mrgreen:

941450_4793555289350_1898364098_n.jpg

10007_4793556209373_54570311_n.jpg

971137_4793557209398_1508465916_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Found this one coming back from GRIT.....in Buffalo. Mason is racing!!! :lol2:

Attachments

• buffstat.jpg
    buffstat.jpg
    166.4 KB · Views: 192
This is south of Anahuac on the way to Crystal Beach.

Attachments

• biketrip.jpg
    biketrip.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 190
I'm surprised the pumps are still there.....

I keep coming back to this thread looking at these in the hopes I might find one I could convert into my next home. Or, take the design elements, paint colors, fading, and accessories to build a new one that has all the modern components yet has that old time look. :ponder:

Last edited:
Pumps have been pulled but old gas station just as well.

IMG_0496800_zps0e1dcc2a.jpg

Pumps have been pulled but old gas station just as well.

IMG_0496800_zps0e1dcc2a.jpg

That used to be where we stopped to get gas on the way to El Paso, used to be a Chevron station. It hasn't been closed long because I stopped there and stood in front of their propane heater one cold March morning in 2011. They were a general merchandise store and had a wide variety of stuff at that time.

This was taken March 2012. Post Office in the back still looked active although the only two housed in town were abandon a long time ago.

IMG_04971023_zps9e7690c2.jpg

Found this gem in Thrall proper:
Was a gas station, and part of a Chevy dealer.

Every time I drive through there and see it I want to take photos of it and similar buildings but don't. I've seen places I kick myself for not stopping and photographing because I sometimes forget where the cool buildings were or forget about them altogether.

Every time I drive through there and see it I want to take photos of it and similar buildings but don't. I've seen places I kick myself for not stopping and photographing because I sometimes forget where the cool buildings were or forget about them altogether.

Now that I have a smarty pants phone, I can stop. Before I had the old Kodak and sometimes the batteries died.:doh:

If I took a picture of everything I wanted to I wouldn't get very far at all.

I'm surprised the pumps are still there.....

I keep coming back to this thread looking at these in the hopes I might find one I could convert into my next home. Or, take the design elements, paint colors, fading, and accessories to build a new one that has all the modern components yet has that old time look. :ponder:
I'd love to have one of those old pumps in my shop, rust and all. :trust:

Back