• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Lots of pics...planes/bikes/automobiles...o yea, a ride too...

Reaction score
Decided to play hookie from around the house work today, and went to the general aviation open house at Lone Star Executive Airport in Conroe. A nieghbor had mentioned it was today, so it was a spur of themoment kinda thing. So here is my report...

Ready to roll :cool:
MotorbikeTrips001.jpg

At the airport. Gotta love this, can find the smallest parking spot with a bike :mrgreen:
MotorbikeTrips002.jpg

Glad I went with the large case. I can fit both jacket and helmet in there with some "adjusting" ;-)
MotorbikeTrips039.jpg

Welcoming committee.....
MotorbikeTrips007.jpg

MotorbikeTrips008.jpg

Check out the torpedo under this plane!! Boaters beware...
MotorbikeTrips006.jpg

Pilots like their airplane motors spiffy too
MotorbikeTrips004.jpg

MotorbikeTrips005.jpg

No ATGATT? This could be your next ride...to the trauma center
MotorbikeTrips010.jpg

MINI Cooper of airplanes?
MotorbikeTrips011.jpg

Nicely restored Avenger
MotorbikeTrips012.jpg

Seems to me that a copycat was at work for both US and Japanese at the time :roll:
MotorbikeTrips013.jpg

Cager about to run you over :evil: ...this could be the answer :mrgreen:
MotorbikeTrips014.jpg

Flawless restored vehicles....
MotorbikeTrips017.jpg

MotorbikeTrips018.jpg

MotorbikeTrips019.jpg

NICE...
MotorbikeTrips023.jpg

MotorbikeTrips025.jpg

MotorbikeTrips026.jpg

They had plenty of exhibits inside the hangar, made the heat a bit more bearable :-)
MotorbikeTrips027.jpg

Desperado Motocycles and AMercian Dream Motorcycles brought some of their work. Love my trusty F, but one can always dream...
MotorbikeTrips028.jpg

MotorbikeTrips029.jpg

Nice way for two-up riding, and taking camping gear...or dog...or kids ;-)
MotorbikeTrips030.jpg

Now this is a crotch rocket and a half :eek2:
MotorbikeTrips031.jpg

MotorbikeTrips033.jpg

MotorbikeTrips032.jpg

Flat screens have changed the cockpit
MotorbikeTrips034.jpg

This would beat rush hour too :mrgreen:
MotorbikeTrips035.jpg

Make your offer today, everything must go!!!!!
MotorbikeTrips037.jpg

Lunch was FREEEEE!!! :eat:
MotorbikeTrips038.jpg

After finishing lunch, reckoned it was only 1 pm. Thus decided to head out towards Walker County again and took FM 1375 from New Waverly to FM 149.

My FIRST on-the road shot. I am so proud of myself :rider: OK, enough self-acolades :yawn: Lovely bit of road though, saw some dirt roads that i will probably explore next time :flip: Scouting trip for a group ride sometime...?
MotorbikeTrips044.jpg

Followed FM 149 through Montgomery, and took 105 to FM 2854 back home. Having had a good day and the yard being more shady, decided to tackle a project for my wifey :mrgreen:

Her bike as it was.....
MotorbikeTrips046.jpg

And as it is now. She had some buffeting issues, but new windscreen should resolve it. Anyway, you think i scored some points?? ;-)
MotorbikeTrips047.jpg

That is that. Thanks for coming along.

Man! I wish I had known about that. We might have scooted down there to check it out! We are keeping my Nephew this weekend and he would have enjoyed it. No doubt, Sarah the motorhead would have liked it too ;-)

euromedic said:
Decided to play hookie from around the house work today, and went to the general aviation open house at Lone Star Executive Airport in Conroe. A nieghbor had mentioned it was today, so it was a spur of themoment kinda thing. So here is my report...
I too wish I'd known about it. Guess they need to do a better job of spreading the word.

No ATGATT? This could be your next ride...to the trauma center
MotorbikeTrips010.jpg

Here it is in action...
06conroe039.jpg

:doh: I guess I could have been nice to post it, despite the short notice. Sorry. I will keep eyes and ears peeled for future events to go to. Apologies...

I had a feeling something was going on down at CXO (Conroe airport) Friday when a WWII vintage B-17 flew over my house as I was washing my Avalanche. I should have known! Today I was planning on taking my 3 yr old daughter Megan out to the airport to see, but I got called out to fly a trip this afternoon so that plan was scrapped. Thanks for the pics! I'll have to make sure I don't miss it next year.

I didn't know that PHI was in the air evac business? They are the top shelf pilots that ran us around the offshore fields in Angola - great bunch of guys and an incredible safety record.

Great pics of the planes, I was at a ballpark out in Hitchcock yesterday and saw a couple of old warbirds flying over towards Galveston - must have been returning from your event.

Flying would be the only thing that could replace motorcycling in my life. I wonder if the pilots forum has the same discussion over what the perfect "sport touring" plane is? hah!

Dave.

mlinkibikr said:
I didn't know that PHI was in the air evac business? They are the top shelf pilots that ran us around the offshore fields in Angola - great bunch of guys and an incredible safety record.
They've had the contract up in this area since about 2003-2004.

Lots and lots of cool photos on that site but this one concerns me...

fork1.jpg

I thought at first it was photoshopped but there are several more with similar views. Wierd.

Chris-V65Magna-TX said:
I had a feeling something was going on down at CXO (Conroe airport) Friday when a WWII vintage B-17 flew over my house as I was washing my Avalanche. I should have known!

We were wondering what was going on, saw that thing a whole lot on Saturday and Sunday. Thought it was coming from Hooks.

Back