• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

"Septembers Meet n Greet n Eat...with A Ride on the Side" RR & Pictures

Re: "Septembers Meet n Greet n Eat...with A Ride on the Side" RR & Pictures

Drew.... Hope your wife's condition isnt too bad.... Sorry you had ta delete the after lunch plans...
Keep us posted.... & if ya need anything.....jus ask

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Well, that was my first Meet & Greet & Eat. Good food, good ride. Thanks mr2much for leading that, and Sharkey, it was nice to meet you in person.

Drew, thank you for organizing this thing and for lunch, I assure you your debt is paid, lol.

For anyone wondering about the oil on my bike, I regret that I had no choice but to perform The Final Sanction.

I washed it.

I'm sorry to hear that, I hope to hear good news later.

Good times today grinder'' and company.Wish I had more time, I was just getting warmed up!!

№350;1292671 said:
I had fun. Some nice roads definitely helped me break in a new rear tire.

Glad you could make it camping too!

Had a great time, and glad I went.

Big thanks to Mr2much for leading the ride after. I've heard about your rides, and glad I now know.

euro.... Im happy ta say.... U beat me home! It was a FunSunDay fer sher. I enjoyed every minute...er...hour of it.

394 mile today with StrokedNBored and home at 5:30. Had a very nice omelet for lunch thanks to Mary taking the lead.

Thanks Rod for the 1771/413 to Rosebud detour around Marlin. Nice twisties that included a number of deer. Saw Stranger Cemetery along the way. Oh yeah, five miles of 308 south of Milford is dual sport friendly.

Hip hip hooray to Drew for another great M&G&E!

Drew. I hope your wife is doing better.

I left work this morning with plenty of time, or so i thought. Except in did not bother to bring the inner liners, so i had to take a hot cocoa break in Aggietown. Many days spent in 90+ degrees gave left me without any tolerance to colder temps.

Eventually made it to catch the tail end of the gathering. Good to see familiar faces again, and meet new ones. Had the Eastwood burger and wolfed it into my gullet. I was hungry!!

I jetted towards home just before 1 p, but decided today was the day to pay my respects in the town of West. Few reminders left of that fateful day 2 years ago, but seeing a half moon bow on one side of scoreboard was a chilling reminder on the sheer magnitude of the blast.

Hit FM 2311 thereafter, fun little road. Not so fun is that the throttle started to act up halfway home. Appears that the cable may be stuck. Regardless, i made it almost home but a red traffic light forced me to stop. Throttle had no movement so shut the bike down. Take it from my experience: pushing a bike amile and half is some serious exercise.

Had a great time, thank you. I am knackered so off to bed. Gnite!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank all of you for coming. Thank you to BigDave and Tossing lead for the wonder dinner at camp. I appreciate all of you who participated. The weather was just what the doctor ordered. Not too hot not too cold. I believe we had 16-17 campers. Shovel counted 61 at lunch. We pretty much filled up the entire restaurant. There was so many inside and out it was difficult to keep up. Meet plenty of folks in person and still did not get to speak to everyone. Took a ton a pictures but cannot down load till Monday. Had a emergency call and had to cancel out on the after lunch ride with brother Rod.. Wife in emergency room had to fly home. More details later. KP

KP,
First and most importantly, prayers to your wife and family. Everyone hopes that everything is alright! Please let us know if we can do anything. You know the resourcefulness of the TWTEX network, Just let us know.

Lastly, Wow what a turn out. I think I can speak for all that we can't thank you enough for the planning and preparation for this event. We would not have a good time without someone taking the initiative to research, locate and plan such a gathering. I know it takes time to make this work, I was amazed that the restaurant closed due to a private event. Anyway the weekend was perfect. Everyone enjoyed the whole weekend! Impressed with the turnout.

Well done and Thank You KP!

Dave

AFTER EATIN EXCURSION(S)

I'd also like ta send out a BIG THANX to Grinder for steppin up & helpin me with the afternoon ride(s). We had about 17 or 18 folks wanting a tour so a split was needed to keep things manageable. The more dirt oriented riders being led by Grinder... & my group of pavement perusers.

Also a BIG THANX ta Cheez for sweepin up with my group of 12 ? (I think)
You run that big ol bike down some of those bumpy little roads like nuthin!
... & with a car tire on back no less!!

AFTER EATIN EXCURSION(S)

I'd also like ta send out a BIG THANX to Grinder for steppin up & helpin me with the afternoon ride(s). We had about 17 or 18 folks wanting a tour so a split was needed to keep things manageable. The more dirt oriented riders being led by Grinder... & my group of pavement perusers.

Loved the roads you picked, Rod... I've got to spend more time off the FM's and highways. Not sure what my next two wheeled conveyance might be but riding with you is pushing me more and more down the dual sport road. ;)

Drew.... Hope your wife's condition isnt too bad.... Sorry you had ta delete the after lunch plans...
Keep us posted.... & if ya need anything.....jus ask

She was actually at the hospital when I called her earlier Sunday but did not tell me. She did not want to interrupt my ride,she is sweet like that. It is a long long story but they were only guessing what was wrong with her in Lampasas. They thought it may be a virus. Got her home and she is in pain and uncomfortable. At the doctors now(Monday) and they think it might be a reaction to some meds they prescribed to her last week for multiple infections. They did find out some other issues that later appointments will go deeper into. Thank you for your prayers should know something this morning on what is going on. Where is Dr. House when you need him. Thanks KP.

AFTER EATIN EXCURSION(S)

A shot of Mr2mch leading the pre-ride meeting. And KP's Two Wheeled Texans banner.

Attachments

• 20140914070-640x640.jpg
    20140914070-640x640.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 183
  • 20140914064-640x640.jpg
    20140914064-640x640.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 175

Thx to all the folks who organized it. The weather was perfect. We planned on riding hwy 4 up to Weatherford but my buddies SV1000 threw a chain. We had to wait for a truck. Ells food was great!

Is his bike okay. I was the one that stopped and talked to him briefly on my rush home. Did you all find the master link?

Nice little meet and greet. Good to meet some of the TWT'ers

№350;1292671 said:
I had fun. Some nice roads definitely helped me break in a new rear tire.

Glad you made it out. You get the "hardcore camper" award for sleeping on the ground.

Attachments

• 20140913057-640x640.jpg
    20140913057-640x640.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 176

KP, hope your wife gets better soon!

And thank you for organizing this event - IT WAS GREAT!!
The camping was just right - great weather, great company, great food (thanks to cooks!! :) ... enough beer.. :)
The burger place was also great, just have to make sure next I don't order double-meet in these places - too much to handle... :)

Sorry to those I did not get a chance to talk to, I had to leave earlier...
Hope to see you all again soon!

Thanks to all of you for your concerns about my wives health. She had a visit with her main doctor this morning and she believes the medication she just finished taking for a triple infection caused the chest pain and tightness in her chest. Read,side effects worse than the problem it fixes. Anyway she is at home resting in bed and on pain meds for that issue. They did more blood tests and everything is looking up. She should be back to normal once the dye and the other medicine leaves her system. Thanks again to all that commented about our/her emergency scare.

Is his bike okay. I was the one that stopped and talked to him briefly on my rush home. Did you all find the master link?

We found part of it but nothing else. It broke the stator cover, front sprocket cover and the clutch slave cylinder. Some bolt bosses broke too but we may be able to get him going again soon. Some parts are already on the way.

We found part of it but nothing else. It broke the stator cover, front sprocket cover and the clutch slave cylinder. Some bolt bosses broke too but we may be able to get him going again soon. Some parts are already on the way.

All that from a thrown chain? Darn that sucks.

№350;1292850 said:
All that from a thrown chain? Darn that sucks.

I saw similar results on a VStrom 1000 (same motor) over on ADV.

KP,
First and most importantly, prayers to your wife and family. Everyone hopes that everything is alright! Please let us know if we can do anything. You know the resourcefulness of the TWTEX network, Just let us know.

Lastly, Wow what a turn out. I think I can speak for all that we can't thank you enough for the planning and preparation for this event. We would not have a good time without someone taking the initiative to research, locate and plan such a gathering. I know it takes time to make this work, I was amazed that the restaurant closed due to a private event. Anyway the weekend was perfect. Everyone enjoyed the whole weekend! Impressed with the turnout.

Well done and Thank You KP!

Dave

+1 :clap:

Attached are a few pics from the camping at Cleburne SP.

Attachments

• 20140913049-640x640.jpg
    20140913049-640x640.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 186
  • 20140913046-640x640.jpg
    20140913046-640x640.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 182
  • 20140913042-640x640.jpg
    20140913042-640x640.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 202
  • 20140913019-640x640.jpg
    20140913019-640x640.jpg