• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

TEXAS ROLL THE BONES RALLY V October 24-26, 2014, Lake Whitney, Texas

Guess I should have waited around for the riders meeting but the sun was soon to rise and sure to be a fine day for riding soooo…. :pirate:

Now, there were several folks who had earlier mentioned making up a group for all this. Great! :flip:

Where are we headed?

“I’m riding Variest’s dirty loop – 180 miles.”

Sounds good. What are you riding today?

“Well, the old KLR…” (wait for it – I’ve seen this movie several times before) :rolleyes:

OH, hey we’re gonna go with this other group that’s leaving a little later.

“OK…cool. Have a good ride.” :wave:

(Just another episode of unmitigated Kawaphobic discrimination I tell you!) :moon:

Variest1 put together a great track that basically loops around lake Whitney and includes some remarkable views and the occasional diversion. I ran it as he drew it – clockwise.

Stopped by the sand pit (Little Moab?) to play but things just weren’t the same. Seems like they’d pretty much flattened it out. Made a couple loops around the MX track and then beat it on down the trail. :thpt:

Someone had left a shiny motorcycle lift out there behind the dozer. Figured it must have been from Brad’s classes. :doh:

Made it to the old iron bridge near Blum and played along the river for a few minutes. Exciting getting up out of there. :rider:

Eventually made to Arkansas Hill. It was in really good shape with the mud pretty much dried up. Just one teeny problema… :-(

DSCN0715.jpg

Yep, doggone tree fell right across the “road.” Green leaves…must have just fallen. Whatever shall we do? :tears:

Looked at the de-fence option. Not good, and besides, I’d just have to put the wire back up anyhow. :ponder:

clear1.jpg

Alright, put on the gloves and start yanking greenbriar and kicking down saplings cause I dang sure can’t budge that tree. Lot of it was dead and dry stuff…not that bad. Few minutes later…

DSCN0717.jpg

DSCN0718.jpg

DSCN0719.jpg

DSCN0720.jpg

Left a trail sign for those who follow. 8-)

DSCN0721.jpg

Quick jump and a rub later… :nana:

DSCN0722.jpg

On up the trail.

DSCN0723.jpg

At the bottom.

DSCN0724.jpg

A line that worked.

arkansas.jpg

At the top.

DSCN0727.jpg

Some folks who prefer their privacy.

private.jpg

Pretty good sized sign out on the pavement…passionate eh?

DSCN0729.jpg

The rocky stuff out at the canyons was a hoot! Stayed there for a while playing until the folks searching for their solitude probably had all they wanted and gave me some hairy eyeball. :miffed:

A different kind of ride and enjoyable in a different sort of way. :thumb:

Dusty? Oh heck yeah! :shock: I don’t even want to imagine what the groups were taking out there.

Good ride!
Thanks Variest1.

Lunch was at Storms in Hamilton.
I had a fun time :rider: The food was GREAT :eat: I enjoyed seeing people I have already met and the new guys I met this time.

Looks like I was aggravating 4Jranch in this pic :clap: It never gets old , to me :rofl:

RTBstop_zpsab5754c8.jpg

Ate a good burger with a few great people . I forgot where this was though :giveup:

LakeWhitneyRide020_zps598df253.jpg

4Jranch ran out of gas :giveup: :doh:

LakeWhitneyRide019_zpsde7d978b.jpg

come-on-man_o_1094311_zps8b08986c.jpg

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Good to see all the photos.

JMZ neglected to mention I ran out of fuel 1.4 miles from the station.

At the hill on 3137 I went up and back to the group, JMZ then took my bike up and back and then decided not to take his Strom. I then had to lead him on an alternate route around. So now he tells all I ran out of gas...Princess....:clap::lol2:

So. You made that Rocky uphill on 3137 without incident. I heard from Carolyn that there was carnage when she went through. Dodging carcasses.

That hill was my favorite part of the rally raid!

agreed!Although the hamburger was awfully good too. And 4jranch, I'
m working on putting the phone away while eating. Rude I know!!
That hill was my favorite part of the rally raid!

Good to see all the photos.

JMZ neglected to mention I ran out of fuel 1.4 miles from the station.

At the hill on 3137 I went up and back to the group, JMZ then took my bike up and back and then decided not to take his Strom. I then had to lead him on an alternate route around. So now he tells all I ran out of gas...Princess....:clap::lol2:

Cry Cry Cry , whaaaaaaaaaa :lol2: . You dint have to lead me , I am smart enough to make three left turns in a row,,,,,,,,,,,,barely :doh:

It has always been a staple. I sure like it better on KilLeR than the Big Ugly. But Saturday I sure would have preferred my old fat girl to Justin's ASC equipped pig that I had borrowed. I didn't know how to turn it off. Goodness. That really sucked.

I had a fun time :rider: The food was GREAT :eat: I enjoyed seeing people I have already met and the new guys I met this time.

Looks like I was aggravating 4Jranch in this pic :clap: It never gets old , to me :rofl:

RTBstop_zpsab5754c8.jpg

Ate a good burger with a few great people . I forgot where this was though :giveup:

LakeWhitneyRide020_zps598df253.jpg

4Jranch ran out of gas :giveup: :doh:

LakeWhitneyRide019_zpsde7d978b.jpg

come-on-man_o_1094311_zps8b08986c.jpg

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

It was great to finally met you in person! I really enjoyed our group. ...even if I injected myself in to it against everyone's objections. :)

agreed!Although the hamburger was awfully good too. And 4jranch, I'
m working on putting the phone away while eating. Rude I know!!

It was a pretty good hamburger. That or I was freaking starving from riding and not having breakfast. ;)

With the Dude I think is taking the pics ,

I come up with a 5 , 4 , count on them Chrome Domes leading by 1 .:mrgreen:

I'm going to the Barber Tuesday so I can get in and fit in .:trust:

Lunch pics.

20141025_103708.jpg

Somewhere on the Rally Raid before i Ran out of talent...

20141025_120055.jpg

The couch went up pretty quickly on Friday:

20141024_205420.jpg

Sacrificial Boots:

20141025_213116.jpg

Barcalounger on Saturday:

20141025_213415-MOTION.gif

... I wish I would have gotten some pics of the Possum Drop hill (I think thats what Carolyn called it) but we were too busy picking up bikes... :-P

It was great to finally met you in person! I really enjoyed our group. ...even if I injected myself in to it against everyone's objections. :)

Enjoyed finally meeting you also but you look much taller on the internet :lol2:

With the Dude I think is taking the pics ,

I come up with a 5 , 4 , count on them Chrome Domes leading by 1 .:mrgreen:

I'm going to the Barber Tuesday so I can get in and fit in .:trust:

SHOOT, just get in where you fit in :mrgreen:

I loved 3137. We ran the challenge the wrong way, so we hit that small rocky drop further up the road without warning at full boogie speed. PUCKER!

Went up and down the hill after other riders got their drops out of the way :lol2:

After leaving this morning, we ran up the hill in my 2wd Frontier with the bike and all our gear strapped down in the back. We made it, but I bent up all my anchor points.

My boy thought it was a hoot. My wife almost lost her lunch :rider:

Many thanks to all who made the event fun for my family. If Scobib and Scobib's dad mention my attempting to ride a toddler's bicycle and hold a beer, they are lying and not to be trusted.

121db0be-22a2-4d21-967b-bb95f3bc6740_zpsf60225f8.jpg

I didn't get to this bridge, were you able to cross?

Attachments

• DSC04047_zpsae63c72e.jpg
    DSC04047_zpsae63c72e.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 215
Back