• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

TEXAS ROLL THE BONES RALLY V October 24-26, 2014, Lake Whitney, Texas

And now, deep thoughts by Silverbullet

LakeWhitneyRide015_zps3700d360.jpg

Here's a few that I have
IMG_0393_zps459bb235.jpg

Started out Friday with the Rib Run to Loco Coyote Grill. We got there early and met another group that told us that they weren't serving food yet, but refreshing beverages were being served:chug:

IMG_0397_zps5586dd11.jpg

Early on the Dirty Raid

IMG_0400_zps89fa27bd.jpg

Gettin Gas and hydration in Rio Vista

IMG_0401_zpsc7f8f670.jpg

Lunch was mere feet away:doh:

IMG_0402_zps1120c5e4.jpg

We finally made it!:eat: Great burgers and ridiculously delicious onion rings.

IMG_0404_zps29a82f17.jpg

Some of the wall hangings in Roughnecks.

IMG_0407_zpsc1ee3e93.jpg

Arkysaw Hill! (sorry, I thought I fixed it in Photobucket)

IMG_0408_zps50ddb3b1.jpg

Feet are going down - does he make it?

IMG_0410_zps9aabb95f.jpg

Nope. He got stuck, not too bad though, he was able to power on out.

IMG_0412_zps311b6c1c.jpg

Another of our group.

IMG_0415_zps1914896a.jpg

This little rig was cool!

IMG_0419_zps18a95cb4.jpg

Ulybrad "Selling It" during the auction!

IMG_0423_zps0fc8d9f3.jpg

RTB does good bonfire!:dude:

IMG_0391_zps93641203.jpg

One of the tent areas

IMG_0425_zps961b79fb.jpg

And finally it was time to go. Until the next time!:rider:

Bosque CR3137 ...jus off of TX6 between Valley Mills & Clifton
Look north of Mosheim near Lanes Chapel on the map. Carolyn sez its Possum Trot

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

http://www.google.com/maps/place/31...2065,203m/data=!3m2!1e3!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0x0

It was on the challenge route, but we met other riders on it. The guys I rode part of the dirty raid with on Friday were coming up the hill when we got there. I don't know which ride they were doing. (At least two of them were wearing GoPros, so I hope to heck that they post up on here)

We were so excited about running into them that we forgot to grab our next picture and had to backtrack a couple miles to keep from losing points.

Ok, Thanks. I definitely was not there... :) I need a few more years before the challenge... :)

Ok, Thanks. I definitely was not there... :) I need a few more years before the challenge... :)

The other guys were either on the dirty raid or the rally raid is what I was saying. Many of the roads were used on many of the routes :)

5 pages in 8 hrs. Fastest topic I have ever seen.
Thanks for posting the pictures and rubbing it in to those of us that didn't make it. We deserve it.
Glad no one was hurt this time.
I hope the charity made lots of money.

Still rolling in Vinny. TXjames posted on our fb page that we were up to $5318.50 for the Wounded Warrior Project. We are grateful.

With the Dude I think is taking the pics ,

I come up with a 5 , 4 , count on them Chrome Domes leading by 1 .:mrgreen:

I'm going to the Barber Tuesday so I can get in and fit in .:trust:

You don't need no barber, you need to go to your nearest gas station and fill your bike's tank. That's it, put in gas and get out and ride! Don't fade away like all those other XRL riders.

_

Nothing exciting really, but still..: :)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-PtOiSB9_Y&feature=em-upload_owner"]The RTB 2014 - YouTube[/ame]

... I wish I would have gotten some pics of the Possum Drop hill (I think thats what Carolyn called it) but we were too busy picking up bikes... :-P

I believe it was "Possum Trot Rd" although "Possum Drop Hill" would have been more appropriate. I think the lesson here is

#1. If someone goes down and you help them up don't lolly gag in the middle of the road. ;-)

#2. If they go down on a blind corner send someone further down the road to stop on coming traffic. Coming around the corner and seeing one rider down, another spinning his tires and 4 or five people standing in the road makes for a rough ending:eek2:
IMG_4967_zpsf1702e0f.jpg

IMG_4968_zps6e9cc183.jpg

Hanging out at the Cool Kid Corner. Swapping stories and making friends :chug:
IMG_4969_zpsc780ff2e.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I had a great time this weekend. Thanks to everyone who made it happen.

I am loving this! And ghost is doing his final numbers and says he is in the black so RTB V is gonna be able to write a WWP check, too!! Good times and good money for a great cause. Can't beat that. Thanks again, folks. Makes me happy.

I am loving this! And ghost is doing his final numbers and says he is in the black so RTB V is gonna be able to write a WWP check, too!! Good times and good money for a great cause. Can't beat that. Thanks again, folks. Makes me happy.
Good stuff!

Thanks to everyone, the organizers and special thanks to RDS team who helped with the most important stuff!

Playing by the lake side...

Roll the Bones 2014 Rally

Got there early and setup camp.

Met a couple riders I’ve seen before and we made a run to Loco.

loco.jpg

The next day I found someone with GPS and 3 of us headed out to run the Dirty Raid. Shortly after departing another group of 4 joined us.

We ran a relaxed pace but stopped little so few chances for pics.

Lunched at Roughnecks in Rio Vista.

roughnecks.jpg

And stopped to rest a bit at the Blum ATV park as the afternoon heat was rising.

group.jpg

And back at camp with a bit of dust. Riding sweep the entire route has
advantages and you don’t have to check you mirrors often but you tend
to get dusted with the conditions we had.

dustx3.jpg

With about an hour to go in the ride I had made up my mind to go for a
dip in the lake.

Had a great ride, took a dive into Lake Whitney to clean off and had some good grub for supper Saturday night.

RTB is a great rally for a great cause; I would suggest it for anyone that loves motorcycles.

Thanks to everyone involved with making this rally happen! The Dirty Raid route was great...here are a few shots from a not so good photographer.

Ki , who rode from Friendswood and rode the dirty raid on this...
15b2e6e433d3bb11a1ddbcd0c5f1bd67.jpg

Any more to this sub plot?

Back