• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

K Trail

BAH

Reaction score
Just thought I would share a little bit of our short ride from Clayton to Mena via K Trail.

Left Clayton on Saturday morning. The gate to get on the K-Trail was open right passed the Clayton Lake Park. Made our way with just a little bit of backtracking. Hit a nice rock section that slowed us down for about an hour. This section of the trail looked like no one had been on it in sometime. Yes we had to push the 990s over a few sections but for the most part no issues.

Made it to the Indian Highway and kept heading east. Stopped at the tower for the regular pictures and to take a break. Made it to the 3 Sticks a short time later and decided to slab it to Mena.

Next morning we ran slab to Hatfield and jumped on 246 going west. Made our way back over to 3 Sticks via 6025 etc.

Had a great time and made a new friend sgifford. He rode the tires off his DR650!!

The trail for the most part was great. Little bit of water and snow but not much more than that.

Tracks at bottom of pics.

DSC00484.jpg

DSC00438.jpg

DSC00423.jpg

DSC00414.jpg

DSC00415.jpg

DSC00408.jpg

DSC00410.jpg

DSC00433.jpg

DSC00436.jpg

DSC00431.jpg

IMG_5748.jpg

IMG_5745.jpg

IMG_5749.jpg

IMG_5747.jpg

IMG_5744.jpg

IMG_5738.jpg

IMG_5742.jpg

DSC00466.jpg

DSC00455.jpg

DSC00462.jpg

DSC00453.jpg

DSC00446.jpg

Attachments

• Current.gpx
    1.1 MB · Views: 291
The water crossing picture is awesome. I cant believe you made it thru without pushing. It must of been a rock section underneath.

Congratulations.

Yep, that'd be it. I had the chain jump off my klr about halfway up that rocky hill. Thought I was totally hosed right then and there but a good friend (Rydah) helped me roll it back on and up we went. Good times! Thanks for the report.

I had a great time. What those guys did on their 990s was amazing.

Brock does needs to reveal the secret mud-hole bypass BEFORE the rest of us practically drown our bikes! O:-)

Nice, K trail is on my list.

Back