• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

10th anual Hico pie reports

Reaction score
First Name
Leon
Last Name
Hogan
this is the place to post pictures and ride/ drive reports.

Only about 125 miles on the bike via a quick blast up Hwy6 ..& then again back home afterward. (but with a side trip down Wolf Ln closer ta home)
Gotta b a first for me!! Also one of the early arrivals too!!!! huh

Weather wasn't bad at all on the way up... Raining in Hico during lunch & a bit after then mostly dry on the way home.

Nice crowd for the weather conditions.... Banana Blueberry pie was ... ..!huh!

Hope no one else got soaked on the way home... or wherever. I think I'll drop by the camp later today....

Thanks for the sticker Rod. Paul "V-Lust" and I did about 160 miles, had breakfast at the Switch. Even did a little dual sport adv riding on Gilbert Pit road. And just barely got wet. Temp topped out at 49.9 going home.

Enjoyed the pie.

Lot nicer ride than I expected weather wise.

Was going to go in to work if it was raining when I got up.

Sorry I didn't stick around long to visit, the goal was to beat the rain home.

With the exception of some light rain for about 10 miles leaving Hico it was a dry ride.

36157fa010d552fd2446ee2591ccdd38.jpg

Yummie peanut butter pie

379ea83961ee4392531edda4a73be273.jpg

More cars than bikes

e67c7d710db6d732d5b90407be775ee5.jpg

first pie run for little orphan Annie, got there earlier than expected but thought I was late when Rod pulled up.:lol2:

Dave arrived about that time to start his trip to making all 12 runs this year, and Rich had already arrived so we decided to go ahead and go in and order so we would maximize our chances of getting out of there dry.

we finaly got our food and eaten and decided to go out to the parking lot to check out the cars :rofl::rofl:

we were not out there long before it started to rain so we made a break for it. the IRC 70/30 knobbies that come on the CRF250L respond very poorly to wet pavement so it was fortunate I broke out of the rain about five miles from 67 and the rest of the return trip was dry.

AB1040FC-8F55-4650-9567-F3C5440FA42E_zps2tde4mdp.jpg

There were some interesting bikes, I'll say that. ;)

TWT1-31-15_zps6ef27339.jpg

Had a nice ride down on the Goose, 75% chip seal, 25% gravel and no rain. After a great breakfast with lots of visiting with old and new friends, I road back in lite rain.

I left Hico dew north on a paved goat path, 244/239, then gravel 236 to 1824 into Daffau and picked up 2481 to 194, then back on gravel with Deep Down to Paluxy and 51 back to Granbury. The only wet spots, besides my leather gloves, was jean legs that hung below my riding pants and a half inch around my t-shirt collar.

This was my forth year to make this pie run, all have been great and this was no exception.

Just about 220 miles today. 95% of that was dry. Met up with DFWTom and El Fenix in Hurst. Had a nice ride out to Hico and enjoyed some CFS and Blueberry Banana Pie.

No pics. Only proof of making it there was the sticker from Rod. Thanks for that.

Hope you campers stay relatively dry.

As always, good to see fellow TWTers. Sat with Bill (pub610) and another fellar from Kilgore whose name escapes me at the moment, but whose beemer is in the third picture that Rich posted above in message #4. Good pie... Not sure what was in that Doctor's Office Pie, but I will get it again!

Sean, thanks for leading the ride there and back. Good enough weather getting there to go the less than direct route. Had planned to stick around after the eats to explore a little west of town, but the rain picked up just enough while still in the parking lot to see how dumb that might be. Heading straight back to DFW and away from the rain was the way to do it.

An enjoyable campout at Meridian, and pie run in Hico. Thank you BeemerLessBob and Focus Frenzy

:tab We arrived about 10:45 and there was already a pretty good crowd inside. Some nice folks made room for us at their table though. It was just me, Sarah and Daniel. I didn't get a chance to really get around to see as many folks as I would have liked, and by the time we were done with our food a LOT of the people had already cleared out in an attempt to beat the rain. We left around 12:15 or so and it was already raining pretty good. It lasted until about Meridian. Back South of Waco it got up around 62 F and started getting sunny. The rain was close behind though. Not long after we got back to Huntsville it started raining here and the temp dropped. I really enjoyed the heated seat and steering wheel in the truck. I am getting soft in my old age :mrgreen:

:tab Gabe, sorry I missed you. Perhaps we'll catch up at one of the other runs this year.

Just realized this was my first pie run. Had a great time chattin with new friends and look forward to some motorbike campin!

Logged just under 300 miles and def glad I had my heater liner and gloves. Got a little wet heading into Hico and a little wet leaving, but nothing bad. Look forward the next one!

With the weather forecast all over the board, SpiritAtBay and myself decided to cage it to Hico to start the 2015 pie season off. A little mist here and there on the way up from Kerrville then over to the Koffee Kup. Lunch was not great this time for me (CFS/onion rings), but the friendships and conversation trumped the mediocre lunch in spades. The blueberry-banana pie with cream cheese filling was awesome.

After lunch we followed Andre' and Carolyn back to the campground where we continued to enjoy good conversation and Beemerless Bob's "Special Hot Chocolate" around a roaring fire in the pit.

We then headed over to RoundRock/Austin so Gina could pick up a pair of new-to-her riding boots, then we beat-feet back to Kerrville. Tad bit over 14 hours and 470 miles for us.

Was great seeing old friends and meeting new members.

Was able to get TM and his kids to give me the "Ten Years" gang sign for this wonderful anniversary.... :photo:

i-bMnVwjr-XL.jpg

Was able to get TM and his kids to give me the "Ten Years" gang sign for this wonderful anniversary.... :photo:

i-bMnVwjr-XL.jpg

ah that's what that is, I thought it was the "hands up don't shoot" sign. :lol2: :duck:

I passed through Hico on tour a few months ago and all I could think about was the TWT gang and the Koffee Kup. I'll have to make another one of these rides this year. I just wish you guys had them a bit further west, but I certainly understand why you don't. LOL.

:tab Gabe, sorry I missed you. Perhaps we'll catch up at one of the other runs this year.

I hope so! We should have shown up sooner, it was so crowded by the time we got there that I missed you.

"we finaly got our food and eaten and decided to go out to the parking lot to check out the cars "

That's great, lol!

"we finaly got our food and eaten and decided to go out to the parking lot to check out the cars "

That's great, lol!

well they did out number the bikes, only 11 bikes that I counted, there was one of them fancy Indians there (feather not dot)

Well, I had to swing through Waco to drop something off with my daughter. It was misting in Austin, so I hopped in the Jetta instead of on the bike. Took a little longer than planned to reach Waco. Daughter and I went out to Lulu Jane's for breakfast pie (basically quiche), a cup of coffee and a slice of peanut butter pie. Headed back to Austin around noon in off and on rain. Not the day I had planned, but not a bad one at all. Wish I could have made it, but I still had pie.

20150131_101122-L.jpg

Last edited:
Clark Langley and I had a nice day on the bikes -- finished up with about 420 miles. He had a new-to-him GS that needed some exercise and the Tenere is primed and ready for any kind of weather. Trip home was mostly dry, a little showery north of Hico... I've had far worse rides to/from Hico in January.

I passed through Hico on tour a few months ago and all I could think about was the TWT gang and the Koffee Kup. I'll have to make another one of these rides this year. I just wish you guys had them a bit further west, but I certainly understand why you don't. LOL.

How close is close enough, Tim? I know there are other TWTexans out west.

Pie runs out west pretty much only draw folks from the east and not very many.

Well, I had to swing through Waco to drop something off with my daughter. It was misting in Austin, so I hopped in the Jetta instead of on the bike. Took a little longer than planned to reach Waco. Daughter and I went out to Lulu Jane's for breakfast pie (basically quiche), a cup of coffee and a slice of peanut butter pie. Headed back to Austin around noon in off and on rain. Not the day I had planned, but not a bad one at all. Wish I could have made it, but I still had pie.

20150131_101122-L.jpg

You went to Lulu Jane's without getting one of their cinnamon rolls? Did not think anyone could that! You do have will power, or they were out. Which was it?

Back