• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Quick Caprock Ride

Johnf3

Reaction score
I went for a quick 100 mile dual sport run this morning, and I don't usually worry about pictures, but the remarkable change in scenery from the May rains warranted a few. Plus, I wanted to see how the camera on my Garmin Montana performed.

Sorry about all the gratuitous KTM 950 pictures but that was all that was out there.:shrug:

DSC00002_zpsxzgufsxs.jpg

This is a fork of the Double Mountain Fork of the Brazos. Unremarkable except I have never seen water flowing over the road in a steady current like it is here. Been crossing this piece of road for over 20 years.

DSC00004_zpsuco3came.jpg

This is looking out across the south part of the LTR lease. Less than five years ago, the majority of the property was decimated by wildfire. Today, I have never seen it so green. Remarkable transformation.

DSC00009_zpsekknjjy2.jpg

I don't know what is prettier; my KTM or the cactus flowers.:lol2:

DSC00013_zps7ilujc8t.jpg

I ventured onto a little single track, and also had to deal with some nasty long and deep mud holes on the dirt roads as well. Riding alone in these conditions is sketchy but no problems today.

Not much of a ride report, but if you understand that this piece of West Texas is usually scrub mesquites and sand than you will realize how powerful the force of nature truly is. I don't know that I will ever see everything that green again in my lifetime.

KTM in picture makes it even better! Great shots.

KTM in picture makes it even better! Great shots.

Thanks WG. I wish I had some pictures of what it looked like before the fires. The hottest parts were left looking like a lunar landscape.

Have to clean her up today. Came home covered in mud, both me and the bike. I have street tires mounted right now (Trail Attacks) which actually work fine in dry hard dirt but not so bueno crossing 50 yards of deep mud and water. Momentum is your friend. If you stop or get stopped crossing through the deep mud than you better hope you have cell service.:eek2: Oh well, like I said before it puts the "A" in Adventure.

Last edited:
I have been to the LTR lease many times back in the 90's. I have never seen that before. Thanks for posting pictures up, and glad everyone is getting some moisture.
Sam

Back