• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Roll The Bones 2015 after thread

Reaction score
Got here about 5:30
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1445555011.833326.jpg

iPhone Tapatalk

Re: Roll The Bones Rally VI - Oct 23-25, 2015

Travediva and I are present and accounted for here at RTB. After three years of trying we finally made it. So far therse only been a few short and small sprinkles. Rain or shine....We Gonna Have Some Fun".

Are we going to have to change the name to "Row the Bones" this year! [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NEWS FLASH FROM RTB HEADQUARTERS:

It has rained here at RTB Headquarters overnight. The total amount of rainfall so far is somewhere between nothing and just enough to make the dirt damp. The forecast is "get your posterior down here and have a good time"!!

Uncle Gus' has said that if we have a need that they would pull boats out of their showroom and let us have it for our event. Rain may dampen the riding, but RTB will proceed regardless of precipitation.

Shirts are here. Classes are going to happen. Brad is going to check the sand pit this morning for his clinic, and I anticipate that will be a go for the morning at least. Evening pizza is lined up, the beer is cold, peeps are already here... WHERE ARE YOU???? Come on!!!!

Mechanical issue just 13 miles from home. Looks like I'm out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Mechanical issue just 13 miles from home. Looks like I'm out.

That suks, time for that African Twin! Hope you made it back home.

I had 3 people question if I should make the trip all in about 10 minutes before leaving, got a warning on my phone about flash flood, and within 12.9 miles of home I lost a headlight and my speedo cable came loose. Pulled over, zip tied the cable and came back home. I can take a hint...

Seems like im snakebit with the RTB rally...last year it was a heart attack, now flooding...we paid and got a cabin but we are out...hopefully we can attend another one in the near future...
I would love to still get my Tee shirt...but dont waste any money on food for us two...and sorry we couldnt deliver these raffle items...a complete camping set for Adventure riders...we will save it for the next one...
Yall be careful out there...
:giveup:
Everyone here seems to be having a good time despite the rain.

a252309f2d4c631d84a405a10c1d8c89.jpg

2df5067ca9be560d2ecd64b722f7780a.jpg

6259cdcc2f97945d1515a3c56cc82430.jpg

Everyone here seems to be having a good time despite the rain.

a252309f2d4c631d84a405a10c1d8c89.jpg

2df5067ca9be560d2ecd64b722f7780a.jpg

6259cdcc2f97945d1515a3c56cc82430.jpg

You got me coming down the hill on the ol klr! [emoji106]?
That was fun

7.75" verified rain Friday here. 2.51" verified so far today (Saturday). And more to come.....

So Sam and I made it home safely today, but the roads were treacherous. We knew that when we saw the world's most lethargic vehicle had hydroplaned off into a field by Holland on 95. It was a Prius! Sheesh. It was great to see you all, wish we could have toughed it out to help yall with the keg tonight, but we were too soggy to hang and it was a record long night in the tent :-)

Brad won the prestigious Golden Sprocket!
c61dd0f5b07cea81742fc3fedc462357.jpg

Well, I hope everyone managed to salvage something from the rally. As normal, I was on duty in Gotham Temple and tell you last three days some of the WORST crash days Ive ever worked for both surface streets and I-35. Right now I-35 is shut down from crashes under Adams in Temple. One aspect of these crashes is distraction with these smartphones. Drivers are flying through red lights and stopsigns and rear ending and t-boning cars. Watch your rear view mirrors. On the Interstate they are now rear ending slower cars in the far right lane. Please careful going home.

Well, I hope everyone managed to salvage something from the rally. As normal, I was on duty in Gotham Temple and tell you last three days some of the WORST crash days Ive ever worked for both surface streets and I-35. Right now I-35 is shut down from crashes under Adams in Temple. One aspect of these crashes is distraction with these smartphones. Drivers are flying through red lights and stopsigns and rear ending and t-boning cars. Watch your rear view mirrors. On the Interstate they are now rear ending slower cars in the far right lane. Please careful going home.

Thanks for the great advice. I saw it yesterday as well coming down mid day back to Hutto. We specifically took 95 southwards to Taylor to avoid the higher vehicle density on 35.

Had a great time, looking for a place to post my vids, didn't see it, so here goes.

[ame="http://youtu.be/CxT4jyVK2Tg"]Roll the bones 2015 muddy road - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://youtu.be/vyz6E5nuDDU"]Roll the bones rally 2015- muddy hill - YouTube[/ame]

Back