• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Ride reports for 12-13-2105 Meet and Greet

WoodButcher

Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Last Name
Myers
Got some heavy sprinkles...not quite rain, leaving Round Rock area on the way out. Cleared up on 1174 heading into Bertram. Good BBQ and a good crowd. At least 30 folks, i'd say.

Thanks Rusty for letting me tag along. I always enjoy the rides with you. A whopping 128 miles for me - but they were good miles in spite of mother nature. The BBQ was acceptable, and conversation with Ed, JD and Mark great. Thanks Drew for another one!
3955011005683e9fb0bd25231887080f.jpg

dcff4f00f95203a7224e3a6a0c4e7e0c.jpg

Rain. Cold wait rain. That was the riding condition this morning before the strong winds cleared up the inclement weather by noon. We probably had close to 40 folks show up for the last RTE of 2015. I have to say the Q today is some of the best I have ever had. The brisket was lean yet very flavorful!

It was great mixing with the regulars and seeing a couple of new faces from Two Wheeled Texan. After lunch, I joined Brad's impromptu tour of the local roads. I peeled off on CR341 before heading home via my typical circuitous path.

Thanks KP for organizing our fun RTE!

Season Greetings,

icon_beerchug.gif

RB

Great weather all day and great group of folks. It was cloudy all day in Belton so I'm glad I went West. Thanks to Rod for leading an awesome ride home all by memory. The guy is amazing.
Rick M

I was amazed today.... that I got most everyone in my after lunch ride to hang with me for sooo long. Glad yall did & hope ya liked the mapless meander I devised. Phil n I both logged about 250 mi round trip.
A few sprinkles on the way down didnt dampen things.... & the Q when we got there was fabulous.
Anuther day of goodness for all....
We shoulda gotten video of the water crossing on CR208 though!!
d29ddc7847be37447f07dd1607e10de3.jpg

Had a good weekend. Thank you all for making it so. Q wan OK, ride was better. I was worn out though when we got home. I send the porta-potty back tomorrow. will probably let the pool cool off a few degrees. At 2 on Saturday I only had one person on place and not much hope of any one else showing up, so we didn't do the click ride, I may do it this week just for fun.

Good weekend

Brad

I had a great ride to UlyBrad's place arriving just after sunset to find out that I was the 2nd (and final) guest of the night. Oh well, the trip from Austin to MF by way of lime creek road was worth the price of admission alone. Then add a heated pool, and it really started looking like a bargain:

i-jSDgGZM-L.jpg

Free oil to top up the SE in the morning and I'm practically making money by showing up. :lol2:

Then we hit the backroads to Bertram and found some creek crossings. First one was dry:

i-vJqjnnn-L.jpg

But not this one. Unfortunately, by the time I got my glove off, phone out and unlocked, they were almost through it. :clap:

i-LKjzTcJ-L.jpg

And worse yet, I failed to start the GoPro until we passed all the good stuff. :headbang:

In any case, thanks for the invite and comraderie. It was good to meet some new people. Big thanks to Brad for all his hospitality and to his wife for putting up the big party in the field and pool. And KP, not sure how I missed meeting you (my fault), but thank you for putting this together.

It killed me to miss this first one after just joining the site here. My son had a soccer tournament this weekend. By the time we got to the fields this morning and they cancelled the rest of the tournament it was already too late for me to get up to the meeting point. I guess there'll be others...sign. :-( Looks like everyone had a great time out.

Had a great time and met a few new faces... Sorry I had to break off at 1431... Had some other business to take care of while it was nice out....

Every time I do one of these rides I tell myself I need to do more of them... I think I know what my New Years resolution will be for 2016 :)

I was amazed today.... that I got most everyone in my after lunch ride to hang with me for sooo long. Glad yall did & hope ya liked the mapless meander I devised. Phil n I both logged about 250 mi round trip.
A few sprinkles on the way down didnt dampen things.... & the Q when we got there was fabulous.
Anuther day of goodness for all....
We shoulda gotten video of the water crossing on CR208 though!!
d29ddc7847be37447f07dd1607e10de3.jpg

The mapless meander was a hoot. I used to ride some of those roads back when I had my XL600R. The creek crossing on CR208 was icing on the cake. :clap:

Thanks for the ride!!!
Britt

No pictures, but I made it down from Argyle (Denton) to Bertram in about 275 miles, which worked out to just over 6 hours since I included a lot of dirt/mud from the Roll The Bones dirt tracks. I only had to detour once, because of mud stopping up the front wheel.

The way back was quite a bit quicker because it was more pavement, but I still got in a good 60+miles of rutted out dirt/mud roads.

All in all, a long but good day. The BBQ wasn't bad, either!

Thank you all who came to share lunch and stories. I think 28 was the final count. Hopefully did not miss anyone. Those who could not attend you missed some fine Q and banana pudding. Somehow I missed the after ride with Rod. Had a big 74 miles. The weather on the way home was nice and the wonderful brisket kept me full till late that night. Plan on going there again soon,this time for the ribs again. Will post the pictures I took tonight. KP

The few pictures I took that turned out.
DSCN1268-001_zpso66lq3ow.jpg

DSCN1269-001_zpsw7chbnla.jpg

My buddy Zephyr.
DSCN1273-001_zpsmhfgpmvy.jpg

DSCN1271-001_zps2dj1cp8r.jpg

DSCN1272-001_zpsiaagoxgx.jpg

DSCN1270-001_zps4aoqaxja.jpg

My extra large sliced brisket sandwich.
DSCN1274-001_zpsiyvj5dlo.jpg

DSCN1278-001_zpslmhqssma.jpg

DSCN1275-001_zpsztyzdhs3.jpg

DSCN1279-001_zpsr7ten8bq.jpg

DSCN1281-001_zpsfh3uhfnk.jpg

Mad man Brads sampler plate.
DSCN1280-001_zpsyitg8nlc.jpg

DSCN1282-001_zpshezf529s.jpg

Again thank you to all that participated in the meet and greet with a ride on the sides this year. Merry Christmas and happy new year.

Last edited:
The mapless meander was a hoot. I used to ride some of those roads back when I had my XL600R. The creek crossing on CR208 was icing on the cake. :clap:

Thanks for the ride!!!
Britt
Britt.... was that you on the Concours??
Thank you all who came to share lunch and stories. I think 28 was the final count. Hopefully did not miss anyone. Those who could not attend you missed some fine Q and banana pudding. Somehow I missed the after ride with Rod. Had a big 74 miles. The weather on the way home was nice and the wonderful brisket kept me full till late that night. Plan on going there again soon,this time for the ribs again. Will post the pictures I took tonight. KP

Back