• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

January 2016 M&G Ride Reports- Gatesville

Reaction score
99c09f7db6f2e9974497793a8ff480d3.jpg

40a3f71b8c097db5cf67675f7af3a35b.jpg

We're staying warm at camp.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Re: January meet n greet with a ride on the side

Pretty good turn out and good food at the Mill.
1452455939_zpsw4l1fjz7.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1452454835.432351.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1452454835.432351.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 214
Last edited:

We're all crazy. Y'all know that, right? [emoji38]2:
It takes just the correct amount gear combined with just the precise lack of brainpower. Haha

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Enjoyed the campout last night. It was definitely on the nippy side, but copious amounts of adult anti-freeze and a smokin' hot fire made it very bearable and actually comfortable. Thanks for a good time Dody, JT, Gina, Brian, and Rusty. And Dody, hope they cover your Polaris under warranty from our late night Adventure tour of the ranch last night..... Sorry I had to scoot this morning and missed the BBQ but had to get home for my youngest son's birthday supper. See y'all next time - Kevin

Last edited:

Chilly ride up this morning for me but seeing good people warms one up quickly. Good food / good friendships all around. Thx Drew for yet another one. The ride back to Austin with Rusty was delightful. Watching some football at his place now, then I'm guessing a chilly ride to the casa is in store for me later.

Had a nice cold ride to Gatesville from the big city this morning. A whopping 88 miles. Had a decent turn out considering how bad the weather was. 17 this time. Several members enjoyed the green chili burger while I had my normal chicken fried steak. Thank you all who braved mother nature to gather with us. Some pictures for those who could not attend. It was nice to visit with you fine folks today. Hope to see you all next month.
DSCN1327-001_zps7lcae9ik.jpg

DSCN1339-001_zpss4z8szvn.jpg

DSCN1330-001_zpsbwotstfk.jpg

DSCN1334-001_zpsekx7vhzr.jpg

DSCN1331-001_zpswbthcnde.jpg

DSCN1328-001_zpsjyakpd7q.jpg

DSCN1333-001_zpshlpt0csz.jpg

Some food pics.
DSCN1336-001_zpsowcuosyf.jpg

DSCN1335-001_zpsn6rd48rj.jpg

DSCN1332-001_zpssuqoc2yv.jpg

DSCN1337-001_zpsfdlihibi.jpg

DSCN1338-001_zpsrp8pcak7.jpg

Last edited:
Re: January 2106 Meet and Eat - Gatesville

Who couldn't love that face?

i-thQVqVf-L.jpg

More denizens of the ranch:

i-MmPWHKM-L.jpg

i-w8fSFZW-L.jpg

The man at work. Yes, I've seen it before and now I have proof.

i-rxxqw7p-L.jpg

Uh oh, that's not going to roll well.

i-XbTr6XH-L.jpg

Fixed and going back on:

i-bMw9z3L-L.jpg

The new pavillion:

i-gxqdKCZ-L.jpg

Fire prep:

i-w7QdDZ6-L.jpg

Wonder how we will get this started?

i-hvjrLx9-L.jpg

Hmm, I sense a youtube video in the making:

i-XJdMkc2-L.jpg

But no fireball this time. Start slick as a whistle.

i-9F5jsQ5-L.jpg

And now we settled in for some fire time.

i-XGCRxNq-L.jpg

i-4Qctb7R-L.jpg

Dody:
i-kX8R2Cv-L.jpg

Kevin (Roosterman):
i-HkLmQwk-L.jpg

JT:
i-Pb8NMB4-L.jpg

Kevin again, but photo is ISO 16000 as are a couple of these. So a bit soft after noise reduction.
i-HHgCrmT-L.jpg

Mesmerized - Brian (StrokedNBored)

i-jKqB4B8-L.jpg

We all had almost this much fun:

i-GP8QdJB-L.jpg

Inner compound in the morning:

i-dCBzSng-L.jpg

Breakfast in the works. Where is UlyBrad when you need a good meal and some conversation? I was all alone.

i-3Gwzz5R-L.jpg

Camp spots:

i-9kjQqsV-L.jpg

i-TcNBmpS-L.jpg

i-vkMCXVN-L.jpg

Hmm, bikes but no tent?

i-nmk236F-L.jpg

Eastern Bluebird of happiness:

i-tnhFtqB-L.jpg

Safety Vest:

i-gZ5hFkq-L.jpg

Maybe we should test this out?

View attachment 203868

Success!

i-nWZfd4W-L.jpg

That's all for me.

Before morning coffee...

Great pix, Rusty. Thanks for sharing them.
Ya, was a really nice get together. The wind died down right on schedule Saturday evening. I was warm all night, by the fire and even all night in the tent.

After the meal at The Feed Mill--great to see those that made it out!--JT and I went on a little meander on the dirt bikes. Found some good little unpaved county roads with elevation changes and HSF (High Squiggle Factor).

Home in Kerrville by 8pm. i love a weekend that feels like a vacation!

Thanks Dody for having us out.

Thanks Drew for organizing the M&G.

That hat looks like one of Brad's creations. I can testify that they keep your head and ears WARM!! I love mine! It gets lots of compliments as well.

That hat looks like one of Brad's creations. I can testify that they keep your head and ears WARM!! I love mine! It gets lots of compliments as well.

I had one of Brad's creations but it got lost sometime back. My wife knitted that one. Does not open at the top like Brads so you use it under a helmet. It was Walmart yarn in camo and not quite the consistency of Brads yarn but I knew better than telling her or she will make me order his really nice expensive yarn:doh: Rusty, I like that shot. I did not know you were firing away so much:chug:

You should see all the shots that didn't get deleted, but were good enough to keep for later processing.

That shot of Dody was at ISO 16000, yes, 3 zeros. Yes, I applied some noise reduction in Lightroom. It looks fine at this size here on the board. If you click on the picture and look at the original size, you'll see the noise. Sometimes you need to push the limits, but it helps to know what you are going to use the images for. And web viewing, it works. Oh, 16000 is max native on my 7D2, but I normally have it limited to 6400.

Thanks Drew. Of course, I didn't have the camera with me at the restaurant :headbang: I knew Scott (M38A1) would have his though.

Back