• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Post your Day Rides Here!

20160213_123615_zpspevroyts.jpg

Signatures? We don't need no stinking signatures!

20160213_135637_zps2acait3s.jpg

20160213_135857_zpspsdxpjad.jpg

Signatures? We don't need no stinking signatures!

Last edited:
wow. Ja see him coming for ya?

Once I had a buzzard dive down and then level out, coming straight at me. i ducked down behind my tall windscreen, glad it was there. the bird crashed into a headlight.

i don't hold much affection for buzzards (appreciate the job they do) but was surprised that i was sad to see this one get killed.

did this turkey do any damage to your bike?

wow. Ja see him coming for ya?

Once I had a buzzard dive down and then level out, coming straight at me. i ducked down behind my tall windscreen, glad it was there. the bird crashed into a headlight.

i don't hold much affection for buzzards (appreciate the job they do) but was surprised that i was sad to see this one get killed.

did this turkey do any damage to your bike?

I was coming around a bend with a guard rail at about 70mph. The Turkey was sitting at the end of the rail and startled when he heard me. Instead of flying away, he flew across the road and hit the bike in the mirror. No damage to me or the bike. His head went over the mirror and his body under the mirror then hit me in my brake hand. If you notice in the picture, that isn't his head. The irony was hitting a turkey just south of Turkey Texas. :-)

A couple weeks ago several of us enjoyed a ride along the Atchafalaya basin levees in south central Louisiana, departing from our friends Larry & Barbara place in Bunkie heading south towards Morgan City:
picture.php

Stopping for a coffee & conversation break at Budden's General Store in Palmetto before setting out on the first of the levee roads:
picture.php

Re-grouping along Lake Fausse Pointe:
picture.php

picture.php

We made a sidetrip to visit the Gulf at Burns Point Park south of Centerville:

picture.php

Where most of our group posed for a group photo:
picture.php

We stopped at the Tiger Truck Stop in Grosse Tete on the return ride:

picture.php

Some of the east side of the levee is leased for open range pasture:

picture.php

Where Michelle enjoyed meeting some new playful friends:

picture.php

Our final stop was along the Atchafalaya River at the former ferry landing in Melville - the river is already just over its bank and its not yet spring:

picture.php

A good ride with exceptional weather for Jan/Feb, traveling some 320 miles over a couple days of which 80+ were unpaved. And a big thanks to Eduardo & Michelle for the dozen or so shoves so I could bump-start the TW200 after my battery went ka-pupt just 40 miles into the journey. :rider:

Last edited:
Those pic links aren't working Lee. I tried pulling a link directly out of your post and putting it in the browser, but I can't even link directly to them. When I do that, all I see is a black screen with a tiny dot in the middle of it :shrug:

Anyone else having issues seeing his images?

While the gang was dual-sporting in Big Bend this weekend, I went hiking near Ft. Davis and took a few pictures with my budget Instamatic Samsung cell phone.

2z3xwu9.jpg

2rmwi9i.jpg

90yc94.jpg

r9quy9.jpg

i like that first one so much, it is now the screen saver on my laptop. perfect, esp after this past weekend at Uncle's.

i like that first one so much, it is now the screen saver on my laptop. perfect, esp after this past weekend at Uncle's.

Thanks Gina, I am glad you are enjoying using the image. It sounds like you had a blast at Uncle's too. I may do the Mexico dual-sport test trip this weekend...

flipmeister.gif

Here are some other pictures I have taken from the area on my cell phone that you might enjoy as well for your desktop wallpaper.

See ya,

RB

21b27tv.jpg

986plu.jpg

Last edited:
Went over to a local garden park and took this picture @ Easter.

RB

egzqfs.jpg

Hansamu GL1800 ! ! !
Watashi ni anata no kakusareta basho no ichi o tsutaeru itadaki, arigatōgozaimasu !

Last edited:
From Sunday's Hill Country ramble...

A tale of two motorcycle gloves.

x3aceo.jpg

The Llano River.

1in6rp.jpg

Sand castle along Llano River.

2nusvls.jpg

Angry, rogue tree near Austin.

2v34kqv.jpg

Last edited:
An afternoon ride from Jennings to Merryville then towards Sulpher and back to Jennings as usual with the camera in the tankbag for things that interest me. Also playing with a different mode for my pics off the bike. I had took some at 500 awhile back which proved a bit blurry so did these at 1000 on the speed. May do about 1200 or 1300 next time shutter speed. These were with my G16.

We don't have the beautiful flowers that line the roads to Austin but, the rice fields are coming alive with their green
IMG_0412-1.jpg

IMG_0410-1.jpg

And then you all of a sudden come out of a patch of forest land and fine homes as such. Had to really hurry to get this shot at 50 mph from the time I saw it till click time.
IMG_0413-1.jpg

But, my favorite homes are the little no nonsense ones as such. I'd just have to have a large garage/shop on the side though. ;-)
IMG_0414-1.jpg

And, the mile stone was getting home and seeing I was lacking about 22 miles from having 80,000 miles on the ometer. A thing I corrected this morning with a little ride about the country.
Suzy%20at%2080000%20Miles%202016%20April.jpg

Suzy%20da%20Bandit_1.jpg

Looking at the pics reminds me I need to slow down on my gravel road riding with this bike. Impossible to keep it clean. Sigh!

Last edited:
Back