• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2 annual Redneck Ramble

Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Lee
Well sad as it is the 2nd annual Ramble is behind us now. I have heard so many good stories about deep water, new friends, mud and good food at the end of the ride provided by Freedom Power Sports of Cleburne. There was drawings for super great prizes, such as DS Helmet, Saddleman DS seat, 3 sets of Dunlop DS tires, and many more great gifts. The turn out was real good with some of the nicest people from all points of Texas and Oklahoma. I just want to thank all you riders, sign-up staff, leaders, quest speaker and motel staff for making this a GREAT event. Mike and I have big plans for next year and hope to see all of you there. To help further and advance the Dual Sport community, please tell your friends about this ride. Thanks again. Little General....Robert Lee

Last edited:
Here are a few pics from our group (ride leader The Little General ). Yea, I had to be the first one to go down LOL. It was great fun and I'm already looking forward to next year!

Attachments

• IMG_0920.jpg
    IMG_0920.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 259
  • IMG_0926.jpg
    IMG_0926.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 267
  • IMG_0927.jpg
    IMG_0927.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 266
  • IMG_0930.jpg
    IMG_0930.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 265
I would like to give a special thanks to our GREAT sponsors for the Texas Redneck ramble.
Euro Sport cycles....Fort Worth
Team Factory Ride...Fort Worth
Rider 2 Rider....Lewisville
Freedom Power Sports Honda....Cleburne
Their company's jumped right in and help make the RNR even better. THANKS

Finished up with the Texas Red Neck Ramble. We had an excellent ride. Running the route the day prior helped to re-route and eliminate "bad " areas" , ensuring that we did not get anyone in over their heads ( literally). Some of the county roads were covered in deep water, others in sticky clay. That's part of the adventure - sort of like being 80 miles into the desert and finding a flash flood has taken away the road, or on a trail and there's a locked gate. You deal with it and find an alternate.

Attachments

• Mud 2.jpg
    Mud 2.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 254
  • Mud.jpg
    Mud.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 257
Big thanks to God for the opportunity to ride with great friends, amazing weather Sunday and for keeping us all alive. Hats off to Robert and all of the other folks that helped put this ride together again. Also thanks to the sponsors who chipped in prizes, money, time, food and beverages. It was even more fun than last year and I look forward to the changes Robert alluded to for next year's ride.

The group I was in with Mike Kidd was awesome. Everyone had great personalities and huge skills on two wheels! We did the originally planned route (aka the muddy route) and I'm really glad we did. The mud and water crossings were the best parts of the ride. There was only one section we dared not pass at the Nolan River Park in Blum, TX. Its where the Nolan River and Brazos meet and the roadside pipe fence quickly disappeared into the water. There's no telling how deep it was.

Thanks again,
Brandon

I had a great time on Sunday. It was nice to go for a long ride so close to home.

A few pictures of the day:

IMGP3085-XL.jpg

IMGP3087-XL.jpg

IMGP3091-XL.jpg

IMGP3093-XL.jpg

IMGP3094-XL.jpg

IMGP3095-XL.jpg

IMGP3100-XL.jpg

IMGP3113-XL.jpg

IMGP3114-XL.jpg

Thanks for posting the video, I laugh my but off.....I didn't have that much trouble growing up :) You were so fortunate to have Kevin for a leader, he is a fun guy. All the leaders for the Texas Redneck Ramble were great guys with tons of riding skills to there name. I hope you had a great ADVENTURE on the 2016 Ramble...and remember that next year will be bigger and better. Little General

Thanks everyone one for making the Texas Redneck Ramble a great success. It was a great ride and we all had a great time. On the down side my son who was a leader in the ramble went down hard and broke his leg pretty bad. He was in the hospital Sunday thru Friday...had after market hardware added. He had a good attitude the whole week and he is back home in OKC. Being from a motorcycle family he knows the drill. Thanks to everyone that was with him when he took a soil sample for the way you all helped out. Little General

I'm sorry to hear he needed the hardware, but glad he is recovering. Best wishes and prayers to all involved.

On a more positive note, despite my own mud nap (pic above), I had a great time with good people and well picked roads.

Last edited:
Wow, bad news for your son. Didn't know his get-off had been so rough. Praying for a speedy and complete recovery! Thanks for a great ride. We had a good time. :)

Thanks for the video...

Did Kevin get any pictures or video of the mud?

An awful lot of grunting in the video!! Glad I rode a light weight CRF450X for the trip!! Much less excitement and no spills!! :trust:

Gary

Hey DS riders..here is a neat video by Matt Castloo of the 2016 Texas Redneck Ramble from his ride group. Enjoy.....REL
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtP8Pm4MB_M&list=PLssLBX-DU4DSm2WnUk-l0gnw8VyDMhE1I&index=2"]TEXAS REDNECK RAMBLE 2016 - YouTube[/ame]

Back