• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Beach ride! High Island to Sabine Pass Sunday the 18th

Reaction score
ThIs beach ride was as good as I've ever been on. Perfect timing with the tides and few people. No over ambitious constabulary in sight, which was unusual. Nothing against Leo's but they get bored out there by themselves sometimes on the beach. No mechanicals and great company. Grabbed some cold drinks, nachos and air conditioning at the end and talked about future DS rides. I had a great time. I'll let the others speak for themselves. ;-)

Freaking awesome...
First time in the sand for this fella. Loved it.

Thanks emmed1 for the after ride refreshments. [emoji482]
Kyle - Good luck with that beard, Brother. [emoji869]
Owtcast - We live around the corner from one another. Looking forward to many rides together in the future.

Can't wait till next time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We rode on past Sea Rim as far as we could. Maybe two or three miles at the most.
There's a road there that leads to the blacktop. Only problem is there's a gate at the end of the road. Had to double back.
Not sure if we could have ridden the beach any farther than this point because from what I saw the beach pretty much stopped there.

Last edited:
Freaking awesome...
First time in the sand for this fella. Loved it.

Thanks emmed1 for the after ride refreshments. [emoji482]
Kyle - Good luck with that beard, Brother. [emoji869]
Owtcast - We live around the corner from one another. Looking forward to many rides together in the future.

Can't wait till next time.

Don't get on here much, but had a blast. Owtcast and triton220lts, nice meeting both of you guys. Made it home safely Mile total for us was right around 340 miles for the day. I have never ridden on the beach and always wanted to. The sand was packed nicely. Can't wait to see the videos of all those wheelies you were doing behind me emmed1? Thanks for including me...

Just wanted to say thank you for the invite. I'm sorry i couldn't make it. Looking forward to future rides with y'all though. Sounds like it was a blast.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

We rode on past Sea Rim as far as we could. Maybe two or three miles at the most.
There's a road there that leads to the blacktop. Only problem is there's a gate at the end of the road. Had to double back...

There has always been a go around for that gate if the ground is not too swampy.

Just so you're aware riding through Sea Rim Park on the beach is not allowed and can be a citation/fine. Done it myself many times but been stopped also. Got lucky and Park Ranger rode a KLR650 and let us pay for day use permit and verbal warning instead of a ticket.

_

Quick ride report.
Stubs rode down to Crystal Beach with me and we made it to Stingaree at 1105 am. Triton220 was already there, and, as we had to wait for the tide to go out we had a nice lunch and a beer.

IMG_20160918_113654_zps9jphhppg.jpg

IMG_20160918_114000_zpsalgozjvq.jpg

We then headed towards High Island with a post from Owtcast saying he may be able to meet us up. We were gassing up in High Island, unable to reach him by phone and were making a decision to start the ride without him as we had no idea where he was or if he was really coming when we saw a motorcycle coming down 124. He made it and we all headed out together.

G1172149_zpss9wbkemo.jpg

G1192166_zpsvz4ds8xc.jpg

G1202170_zpsvl3p9aey.jpg

We eventually stopped for a break, turns out about halfway.

G1202178_zpspsvuwwvt.jpg

G1202181_zpsut6zfbej.jpg

IMG_20160918_140220_zps2wygs6yx.jpg

Headed out once again, we ended up covering everything from firm packed sand to loose sand to thick clay to ruts.

G1202186_zpszdsqzouo.jpg

G1202193_zps1yn1ua83.jpg

G1202196_zpsrsmyqwtg.jpg

G1202199_zpsuo3gmqsz.jpg

We eventually got to the end of the beach. It was great riding with Owtcast as he actually knew what he was doing and had done this ride before; he was a great guide. We got lucky he was able to join us at the last minute.

IMG_20160918_140321_zpsqu4lhs99.jpg

IMG_20160918_140631_zpsesnlksdz.jpg

IMG_20160918_143807_zps9s5ikzxc.jpg

IMG_20160918_144455_zpsdjoirsjv.jpg

IMG_20160918_144448_zpsiqufuped.jpg

By the time we made it into Nederland we were overheated and needed a break, so Owtcast took us to a place called Sombreros and we had some cold drinks and food. The ride was great and we couldn't have asked for nicer company. Triton did great for his first time ever riding on sand.

IMG_20160918_160331_zps45aiuvxg.jpg

And some video of the ride, 13 minutes worth, sorry no background music.
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yNd0h4phJ8"]High Island to Sabine Pass September 2016 - YouTube[/ame]

Nederland? What prompted that? Great report and photos! Hope to make one of these when it a little cooler.

It's Owtcast's fault! He wanted to take us to Sombreros. He is a local so we trusted him. And it was worth it, the margaritas hit the spot after a quite hot day on the beach.
Hope you can join next time. Was a ton of fun.

Weather's looking nice for this weekend. Hint Hint...

Had an 88 year old parent emergency , sorry I missed it. Nice video.Also live north side ( pine Hurst)

Back