• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Wabbits Russellville Ride

We found a speck of grease on Jay's swingarm.....totally unnerving.

Arkansas042.jpg

dutchinterceptor said:
We found a speck of grease on Jay's swingarm.....totally unnerving.
Did he survive the trauma? :doh:

Shouldn't the title be "Wabbits Wussellville Wide"? ;-)

The Players l-r with honorary titles:

Dutch "Chicken Fried Steak, Please"
Jay "Gravy Maker"
Brandon "Da Wabbit/Semi Chaser"
Ken "Who Says A GS Can't Corner"
Larry "Peanut Thief"
Randall "Nice Chevelle, Is That A Suzuki Shifter"

Arkansas073.jpg

I'll post a start to the ride report tonight.

I cant stand being back at work. This all seems so pointless.

I want to keep riding :rider:

Chuck, I was very tempted to go with " Widden Wound Wussellvelle With Wabbit" but out of respect I thought better of it. Still funny though!!:lol2:

A quick reveiw of my pictures show that I was clearly intent on riding and not taking pictures. I'm going to try and clean up some others but for now here is one shot I really like and it's not even a bike picture. Found on Wooden Bridge Road (no, really - others will be posting pictures of it) and I've always liked taking plant/flower pictures - this one's a keeper.

trumpetvine01ajj0.jpg

txbanditrydr said:
I've always liked taking plant/flower pictures - this one's a keeper.
trumpetvine01ajj0.jpg

Looks like a Bandit rider trying to show a soft side!:trust:
Of course every one knows that a GS rider would have seen that as a slick spot, and that is why they would have avoided it.:rofl: :rofl:

So here goes for a ride report. I didnt take a ton of pictures, but here is a good selection. The other riders can fill in more details.

Day 1: Friday.
Slab, slab, slab, slab, lunch, slab, slab, slab. Oh, it was hot too.
FZ1Nutt, Sailgunner, Jetblue and I arrived in Russellville around 3:45pm
Texasbanditryder and Dutch interceptor arrived around 5pm.

After cooling down a bit we decided to go for a little warm up ride north on Hwy 7. We left around 6pm. We stopped about 40 miles up the road and took the pics below.
IMG_4062.JPG

IMG_4064.JPG

IMG_4065.JPG

The shadows were starting to get long and we were worried about the deer coming out to play so we headed back to the hotel.
On the way back we stopped off at Booger Hollow. Population of 7 counten 1 coon dog.
IMG_4066.JPG

IMG_4070.JPG

IMG_4072.JPG

Day 2: Saturday
We got up and got some breakfast at the Waffle House and then set out Northwest. On the way I saw 2 dogs and 5 deer. One of which spooked me pretty good as I slid my brakes right passed it. After pulling over and letting the adrenaline die down. We pressed on northwest on hwy 27. At this point FZ1Nutt decided to conduct an independent gear test. Results: Jacket and pants perfom as needed. (although the jacket did ride up a bit) Toe shifts do not have a lot of lateral stability when under pressure. After we determined everything was working properly on Randall and the bike we patched up the shifter and headed back into town to find a shop that could fix up the shifter.
IMG_4073.JPG

Wabbit's custom Toe Shifter. I am going to have these made in billet aluminum and anodized to match the bike. Do you want black or white zip ties with yours? Incidentally the Suzuki Polaris dealership in Russellville fixed Randalls shifter quickly and for a reasonable price. If you ever get by the shop tell them thanks for us.
IMG_4074.JPG

Randalls Corner as it came to be known.
IMG_4075.JPG

I picked up a hitch hiker. His name is fred. He lasted all the way to the hotel 200 miles later.
IMG_4077.JPG

Larry's lunch at the South Park DIner in Clarksville. This is a nice little place with cold tea and a good special. Larry had the meat loaf, chicken fried steak, green beans, corn, salad, chocolate delight.
IMG_4080.JPG

Larry visted the outhouse.
IMG_4082.JPG

We headed from Clarksville north on 21 to hwy 16. We then headed west on 16 towards pig trail (hwy23) We were just behind a light rain which made the temp drop quite a bit on 16 this made for a very nice ride west. We then proceeded south down pig trail and screamed though it. THere were plenty of places to take pics, but I didnt want to stop. Its a nice road!

Afterward we went up Magazine mountain for the obligatory valley shot. Then we headed back toward the hotel. 300 miles in all.
IMG_4085.JPG

TXBanditryder
IMG_4087.JPG

JetBlue
IMG_4088.JPG

FZ1Nutt
IMG_4089.JPG

Sailgunner (mmmmm he's coming right for me)
IMG_4090.JPG

Dutchinterceptor
IMG_4091.JPG

Day 3: Sunday heading north towards missouri.
I saw this little wooden bridge and pulled a patented wabbit's ride u-turn for these shots. The name of the road? Wooden bridge road of course. It was rated for 10 tons, but I wouldnt want to test it.
IMG_4093.JPG

The GS looks happy
IMG_4096.JPG

IMG_4098.JPG

IMG_4099.JPG

Some time before lunch Dutch and I chased a Semi (sans trailer) up the ozarks. Obviously he was a local boy because he could drive. Dutch and I were hanging off our bikes about 10 feet behind this semi running up the mountain. I have a permanent image of 8 giant wheels spinning just feet in front of me. Yeah it was dangerous and yeah it could have turned bad, but it was nice. Then... twisty twisty twisty twisty, lake. We proceeded about .5 miles down a fun little dirt road to the lake. What happens at the lake stays at the lake.
IMG_4100.JPG

IMG_4103.JPG

If you can find this outhouse you will find one of the best roads in Arkansas. Multiple 10 mph turns at about a 30 degree uphill angle. Then flatout twisties for miles with no traffic, cops, etc. I think I'll keep this one a secret. It will definately be on my next ride to Arkansas. Of course there are no pictures of the road because it was too much fun to stop.
IMG_4105.JPG

IMG_4108.JPG

More results from Randall's gear test.
IMG_4109.JPG

IMG_4111.JPG

Sunday night outside Coltons.
IMG_4114.JPG

Monday turned into everyman for himself. Jetblue had to head back early for work. Sailgunner chose to head off on his own. FZ1nutt went back with the tyler guys. I headed back via slab. Luckily it was overcast most of the way back so it wasnt too hot.

Thats it for me.
There are more details and pictures out there. I am sure one of the guys can fill in more info.

Brandon,

Just wanted to thank you again for a spectacular ride. Good report also.

Not sure if I can keep from posting the lake pics....they're quite amusing.

Coltons, did you try Stoby's?? or Feltners those are two of our regular
Russellville stops for food

Sounds like you guys had a good trip, that has to be one of the things I miss
most about living in AR. riding all the good roads with my friends every weekend we felt like it.

budzrex said:
Coltons, did you try Stoby's?? or Feltners those are two of our regular
Russellville stops for food

Sounds like you guys had a good trip, that has to be one of the things I miss
most about living in AR. riding all the good roads with my friends every weekend we felt like it.

jetblue and sailgunner made it down to Feltners and said it was real good. We also considered Stoby's but just never made it that far. Those roads sure make me want to move up there.

Wabbit told about the truck between the wooden bridge photos and the bikes in front of the lake. It starts out as "Sometime before lunch......."

dutchinterceptor said:
Wabbit told about the truck between the wooden bridge photos and the bikes in front of the lake. It starts out as "Sometime before lunch......."
Saw that, but "Bad To The Bone Trucker" produces a different image - malicious rather than skillful...

Gilk51 said:
Saw that, but "Bad To The Bone Trucker" produces a different image - malicious rather than skillful...

He was malicious to those corners.

The worst thing we saw was a lady going down the interstate while reading a magazine on the steering wheel.

wabbit said:
The worst thing we saw was a lady going down the interstate while reading a magazine on the steering wheel.
OK - glad to hear it. The original description seemed to indicate that you had trouble with road rage - glad that was not the case.

Back