• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Lost Trail Ride

Day 3 photos and the lost trail;

We were once again treated to some good eats from Victor. I actually gained weight on this trip. The 26 mile dirt road into the ranch was quite fun. We headed out to see if we could make the lost trail

BBRSP road
teeds_day_3.sized.jpg

We made it to the trail head of the lost trail but only made it in a mile or so before running into really deep mud. From the looks of the trail it is awesome! I must come back and make this trail.

Here is Chris Hardy on the trail
Chris_Hardy_lost_trail.sized.jpg

This is a glared picture of the monster hill we need to decend and asend on the lost trail
lost_trail_big_hill.sized.jpg

Tony made it down and up this monster hill only to get cross rutted in a turn by a washout and broke what we now know was his shoulder.

AS Matt and Tony headed back to the ranch. We were treated to the hot springs and Pinto Canyon Road. By far the coolest part of the ride hitting up near 6000 feet after a rain storm. I'm not a fan of paved roads on my DS but this road is worth every mile.

Chris_Ean_PCR.sized.jpg

Awesome ride report all

I am sorry to hear about Teeds. Tony let me know if you need anything when you are in town.

Unbelievable pics..

Thanks for sharing..

Mike Green

Went skinny dipping in the Pecos River as I was first to arrive at Cap Easy about 5 hours ahead of everyone else.

Chris J..........

I need a lesson on how to add a pic from my Smugmug acct. that is as large as yours........thanks

Attachments

• 90645406-S.jpg
    90645406-S.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 238
Good stuff guys, I felt like I was there with the fantastic pictures and play by play. Get well soon Tony .

BajaRat said:
messed up photo add...........

Gary ...

Pull up the photo in smugmug ... right click and pick properties at the bottom of the mouse menu.

Highlight the name of the file ... should start with http and end in M.jpg

Control C to save it to memory

(img)filename goes here(/img) ... replace () with [] (brackets) and it should work.

Great pict's Gary and the rest too.Sound like ya'll had a blast, with minor personal bendage.Hope the shoulder works out Tony[ouch].Thanks for the write up.
Scott G.

Gary,
what is your rear tire? How well did it ride?

FirstMan said:
Gary,
what is your rear tire? How well did it ride?

Dunlop 606......It was alright. If I would have not spun the rear as much as I did I would have done better on treadwear. McRider did well on his 606 I believe. Ask him how much tread he had left. Mine was pretty well gone after the trip.

BTW.....................What was our final mileage anyone???? I know a few different routes were taken but I am looking for a number from anyone.

Thanks,
BR

BajaRat said:
Dunlop 606......It was alright. If I would have not spun the rear as much as I did I would have done better on treadwear. McRider did well on his 606 I believe. Ask him how much tread he had left. Mine was pretty well gone after the trip.

BTW.....................What was our final mileage anyone???? I know a few different routes were taken but I am looking for a number from anyone.

Thanks,
BR

The lugs look wider than on mine. I guess it was just the picture.

I am sure the person behind you would prefer it if you didn't spin the tire, you could make friends and have some tire left over!

FirstMan said:
The lugs look wider than on mine. I guess it was just the picture.

I am sure the person behind you would prefer it if you didn't spin the tire, you could make friends and have some tire left over!

If you ain't roostin', you ain't ridin'............... One of these days you will figure out how to use that twisty thing on the right handlebar Adam and have some fun !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:lol2: :rider:

Very excellent report/s. Good reading, very enjoyable.
Thanks very much folks. :thumb:
I'd love to do a ride like that. :rider:

BajaRat said:

Thanks,
BR

Gary: I have not gone back and cleaned up the tracks yet, but my total including backtracking was a shade under 1100 miles for the four days. Y'all should have a bit more because of the Pinto Canyon run.

Back