• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Colorado River at Hwy. 90

GSer

Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Since it finally warmed up and stopped raining, my friend Daniel and I had to get out and ride. We ended up stopping under hwy. 90 at the Colorado River, just a few miles west of Eagle Lake. There is a small public boat ramp there, and even a few picnic tables. The flooding last August made it a mess, but it was still a great place to stop. It isn't a park, so the only people we saw there were people loading and unloading small fishing boats. I'm sure that we will make it a regular stopping place when we are riding in the area. However, I hope that we never run into the local, Sexy Matt!

IMG_4406-L.jpg

IMG_4460-L.jpg

IMG_4416-L.jpg

IMG_4452-L.jpg

IMG_4454-L.jpg

IMG_4414-L.jpg

IMG_4432-L.jpg

IMG_4421-L.jpg

IMG_4457-L.jpg

Last edited:
... However, I hope that we never run into the local, Sexy Matt!
I was wondering if I was missing out on some inside joke, till I saw that last pic.
LOL

I remember as a kid in the '70's we would camp overnight under a bridge on the Brazos somewhere.

I remember as a kid in the '70's we would camp overnight under a bridge on the Brazos somewhere.

When I saw the boat ramp I remembered a rafting trip when I was in Boy Scouts. We made rafts from plywood, car inner-tubes and 55 gallon drums. A few rafts fell apart, but we somehow survived. I think the ramp is where we took out, and the scoutmaster who followed along in his power boat lost his boat trailer in the river when he was trying to get his boat out. That had to have been inconvenient. Miles from home, with a boat in the river and no trailer. :eek2:

Back