• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Adventure Rider Breakfast Series - 2/24/18 - Menard + 2 day ride option-TARA/SA

Five of us camped at the park. Sunday was perfect weather.

Last picture is the Wolf watching the sheep.

Attachments

• 2.24.18 7.jpg
    2.24.18 7.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 275
  • 2.25.18. 2.jpg
    2.25.18. 2.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 280
  • 2.25.18. 3.jpg
    2.25.18. 3.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 264
  • 2.25.18. 4.jpg
    2.25.18. 4.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 281
  • 2.25.18. 5.jpg
    2.25.18. 5.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 279
BIG thanks to Sander for putting this weekend together!

Attachments

• 2.25.18.1.jpg
    2.25.18.1.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 287
  • 2.25.18. 9.jpg
    2.25.18. 9.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 284
  • 2.25.18. 8.jpg
    2.25.18. 8.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 260
  • 2.25.18. 7.jpg
    2.25.18. 7.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 275
  • 2.25.18. 6.jpg
    2.25.18. 6.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 267
I rode saturday. Thanks sander for putting this on. So fun to ride the Hill Country and meet other dedicated riders. Thanks to Gina, JT and Tom for adopting me (again). I was on my trusty 52k 650 vstrom and very happy we hit dirt roads after the rain had let up and sun started to shine. Riding here is so very different from Michigan!!!!!! So nice to meet and ride with locals! Bryan and I held up the 650 Vstrom marque with pride. :sun:
:thumb:

Sander
Thanks for leading and organizing a fantastic weekend ride.
It was good meeting and riding with everyone.
This ride and area of Texas is so good William and I drove from Houston to join it.

[emoji23]Sorry I Wimped out.Raining when we left Bulverde so turned back[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What an excellent Adventure. Conditions were close to perfect, Routes were fantastic and the everyone was great! Huge thanks to Sander for putting this monster ride together. I have a ton of video and will post as I get a chance to go through and edit. Thanks to William for leading our group on day 2. I took our group off course to go down Seco Creek rd. from the 470 side. Unfortunately, they gated it with a keypad. Scratch one more great road off our riding list.

Where South Seco Crk rd turns off of 470 (CR111 I think), there IS a new gate but it's got a button on the keypad that opens it with no combo needed. I'm fairly certain it's still a public road. I went thru it just a couple of months ago.

Here's the abandoned section of 4 Mile Rd. When we pulled up, there was no indication of a road at all. A huge tree was down at the entrance and there were old, faded no trespassing signs on a few trees so we tried to ride in between the signs to be "legal". However, they disappeared quickly.

https://player.vimeo.com/video/257617717

Last edited:
I seem to be having a problem embedding the video. Tips anyone?

Where South Seco Crk rd turns off of 470 (CR111 I think), there IS a new gate but it's got a button on the keypad that opens it with no combo needed. I'm fairly certain it's still a public road. I went thru it just a couple of months ago.

I should have taken the time to actually investigate this. Thanks!

Nice video Keith.
Now I have something to show my family and friends.
thank you

I seem to be having a problem embedding the video. Tips anyone?

Keith,

Vimeo is probably different, for YouTube I paste the link.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPiMEMcyNB0"]Adventure Rider Breakfast Series - 2/24/18 - Center Point + 2 day ride option-TARA/SA - YouTube[/ame]

20180225_094707_zpsbrhyo3nl.jpg

That baby head scared me.
Just like in a Stephen King movie I am sure I will wake
up some night and it will be sitting on the pillow
next to me and saying in a deep voice
"I AM GOING TO GET YOU"

Texas Mud Taco is the best.

That thing is ugly too. Looks like I missed a good ride. Looks like yall had fun

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

That was a such a great ride! Camped by the river, saw some things in Texas that I never knew existed, and met some really great people. Thanks to Sander for organizing all of this!

Also, thanks to Gina for help in the dry creek bed, next time I'll attempt to stick to the road.

I was riding the silver and black 1200 GS. Looking forward to the March ride!

Great weekend overnight ride, route, and chaps. One one the better hill country rides for sure. Thanks for putting together.

Back