• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Towns in Texas with the silliest names

Ladies and gentlemen, in honor of this thread's upcoming 10-year anniversary, I give you the town of Elbow:

Tim, as always appreciate your vids. Hope 2019 is a great year for y'all!

Since I saw it mentioned several times in this thread, this is the story of Dime Box vs Old Dime Box as told me by several of the locals:

The postman in Giddings would come to Brown's Mill (as it was originally called) to pick up the mail, and would check the box just outside the mill to see if it had enough money in it for him to deliver the mail. The locals worked out that if each family put a dime in the box, it would cover the cost of having the mail delivered. The mill eventually shut down, and the name was changed to Dime Box.

In the early 1900s, the railroad came to Lee County. Half of the community wanted to stay where they were at, the other half wanted to move to the nearby railroad crossing as they thought it would be more beneficial for their community. So, the community split. The community that stayed renamed themselves to Old Dime Box, and the residents that moved called themselves Dime Box.

If you had a nice dualsport, you wouldn't get winded walking up dirt roads :nana:

Rockin Pneumonia & The Boogie Woogie Flu

20170919_101318-L.jpg

Back