• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

HONDA XR650L OWNER'S SIGN IN

I wanted to put a black super moto front fender on my XR650L and not go through the hassle of rerouting the wiring harness or adding a bunch of washers to create the clearance.

Any recommendations?

I was looking at the front fender of a 2019 kawasaki klx250 Camo and it looked like it might bolt right on.

Just put it on top of the brace. Easy Peasy.unplug, move, plug back in.
3AA72D8D-04CC-489C-B286-E7CFF7512353.jpeg

Put the Acerbis fender on mine.

One of you cats needs to buy my 97 ...

Or, cheaper / easier to just go to LED lights and make do with 180 W ?

OK, quickly looking, LED headlights are NOT the cheap or easy way to go. I can't understand why that's so expensive and complicated. OK, I think I'll buy the $40 ebay 300W stator and see if it actually does just drop in...

OK, quickly looking, LED headlights are NOT the cheap or easy way to go. I can't understand why that's so expensive and complicated. OK, I think I'll buy the $40 ebay 300W stator and see if it actually does just drop in...
Let us know!

I did for a ride to Arkansas. It fell off on some trails, it was getting in the way anyway. Zip tied it back on for the ride home, it is still in the garage minus some hardware.

I bought a 2005 XR650L bad gas . Tank clean, drained put in new fuel. Won't idle or run unless choke on part way. Got new sparkplug but need a special socket. Can that be purchased or do I need to grind one down. Been sitting since for two years inside. Friend broke his leg at Angel Falls. Sold it to me. Think just pulling carb and cleaning will be enough?

Rode on some sandy back roads. This thing feels like a feather compared to the Wee Strom or even old KLR650. I have confidence with it compared to the other two. Never owned a 650L but think I'm going to like it for the riding I do.XR650L 1.jpg

XR650L 2.jpg

I bought a 2005 XR650L bad gas . Tank clean, drained put in new fuel. Won't idle or run unless choke on part way. Got new sparkplug but need a special socket. Can that be purchased or do I need to grind one down. Been sitting since for two years inside. Friend broke his leg at Angel Falls. Sold it to me. Think just pulling carb and cleaning will be enough?
Yes, pull and clean the carb good. You need an 18mm spark plug socket. It is possible to grind one down but there wont be much left. This is the one I use https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/parts/tusk-spark-plug-wrench-p?s=989815 it's only $5

Yep, jets and passages are paritily clogged from the bad gas. A cutting torch tip cleaner works good for cleaning out both.

I ordered the 18mm socket aspr pictured. . Is the twin foam air cleaner from Rocky Mtn. Is that twin foam A/C held in by same bracket as stock cartridge A/C? I never liked paper filters on dirt.

I ordered the 18mm socket aspr pictured. . Is the twin foam air cleaner from Rocky Mtn. Is that twin foam A/C held in by same bracket as stock cartridge A/C? I never liked paper filters on dirt.
I went with the uni filter, which is held in by the stock clamp/bracket deal. I'm sure the twin air is the same.

Cleaned jets. They were clogged The secondary I guess. Still ran rough. Have vacuum leaks on smog lines. Plugged carb vacuum inlets and it runs fine. Question, who should I order kit to get rid of smog stuff from? RM atv didn't have it.

Cleaned jets. They were clogged The secondary I guess. Still ran rough. Have vacuum leaks on smog lines. Plugged carb vacuum inlets and it runs fine. Question, who should I order kit to get rid of smog stuff from? RM atv didn't have it.
Not sure about that, mine came desmoged. I think they are just block off plates and a plug for the airbox. Amazon has a cheap kit. Let me swap to the laptop and I'll post some links

There used to be an IMS brand kit. That's what I used on mine.

OK, I got the stator, but it appears the swap out requires pulling the flywheel. Anyone know if I'll actually need to special puller that the service manual states? Or, will a generic gear puller work? I'd like to be sure I have all the tools (and knowhow) ready once I start the procedure....

I want to do same thing and add LED headlight. Rocky Mountain ATV has headlight kit with Video for 119. bucks. Looks real simple to install

Back