• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Thoughts about forum user participation numbers: past, present, and future...

Here are some numbers that I see in the Admin CP whenever I log in. I thought you might be interested:

Threads: 52,855
Members: 21,471
Threads last 24 hours: 10
Messages last 24 hours: 227
Members last 30 days: 1,425

The number of threads and posts used to be considerably higher prior to the switch to the new server/software because I pruned a LOT of old threads. I believe we were well over 1.5 million posts and close to 100K threads prior to the pruning. We were also around 22K users, but I have since deleted a lot of accounts that were inactive for more than 4-5 years and which had bad email addresses.

All great points Jqueen!

I am a BIG believer in putting your expectations up front and sticking to them. For instance, when I did group rides, I would inform people right off the bat that we would NOT tolerate crazy riding, stunting in traffic, illegal passing, and generally stuff that makes cagers mad and likely to call LEO. This is even more of an issue in our age of cell phones with camera/video capability and instant contact with LEO. Like it or not, our behavior affects ALL riders. I told them they would be asked to leave if it happened. I never had a problem with it. I also insisted on helmets, gloves and jacket, but recommended good pants and boots as well. Again, never a problem.

How many people sit down in front of a desktop or even notebook computer these days? (outside of work).

Me... daily. Unlike many posts that I see with posting times during the workday, I rarely get online when I'm at work. When I get home I get dinner and log on. I have 4-5 moto sites to check and only after that do I get on FB.

Me... daily. Unlike many posts that I see with posting times during the workday, I rarely get online when I'm at work. When I get home I get dinner and log on. I have 4-5 moto sites to check and only after that do I get on FB.

Me too ... I use a mobile when I'm travelling or on the potty.

Use my desktop daily, probably a lot more than the smart phone. And btw, still take 5-6 magazines, much prefer print for that format. Bikes and cars.

PC or laptop most of the time here. I find it much easier to manipulate than a smart phone. I use my phone, but prefer the PC/laptop. Tapatalk and now the new site help with using the phone. Old eyes, bigger screen among other things....full size keyboard.

Back