• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

OK, WHERE IS THE ANDREW SHORT WELCOME PARTY?

Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Smith
I'm just sayin.... you guys have a legend in your midst, probably flying home tomorrow or the next day. It would be a shame if he snuck home to Smithville without somebody shaking his hand or his face appearing on the news :)

Justin

I'd bet he will be reported to husky/ktm hq in California first, then back to Texas.

Or he's gonna keep on racing.
e025c8b345cc6e8875035f7deba0505a.jpg

His uncle used to race out at Rio Bravo often a few years back. Saw Andrew there having fun on a trial bike once.

Yep he's racing! Quite the training program.... no welcome party in Smithville :(

I've met Andrew a few times at our little nav rally's up north. Super good dude and stupid fast. I've stayed in touch and he is kind enough to reply to some random guy from Wyoming (me). Last May at our local rally I had a recently broken collarbone so I was in the support gang rather than riding. I was watching Andrew's tracker data and realized that his speed was reported each time we got a ping. So I started looking at them, and realized that he rarely dropped below 70 - 75 mph on the gnarly, rocky 2 tracks we were running, and quite often he was north of 85 mph. My top speed on those tracks was probably 50 - 60 mph, and probably 35 - 40 on average. It was an eye opener.

I'm really excited to see him at the pointy end of nav rally only 2 years in.

I miss my old weekend place in Smithville. Great memories tearing up my neighbor's land...Rocky Hill Mtn Bike Park..at 2 am on minibikes.

Haha! I rode MTBs there quite a bit from about '99 to the mid 2000s. Wife even did a 24 hr event or two there.... Really great spot back then, with trails and the bar, no idea what it's like now.

Looks like Andrew got 7th at the WORCs opener, about 8 minutes behind first place over two hours of riding. Maybe he was a little tired from his previous event?

I sent in a tip into the local newspaper about Andrew, no idea if they will actually do a story. They should, IMHO, it's not every day someone finishes the Dakar, much less place as well as he did for his 2nd try.

Hey woods Andrew was 10th at Glenn Helen and seemed frustrated, next race is coming up in Havasu.

Hey woods Andrew was 10th at Glenn Helen and seemed frustrated, next race is coming up in Havasu.
Yes, I finally found that and I'm sure that's not where he wants to be. WORCS is tough.

LOts of trees and catfish in Smithville. You sure there is a Dakar finisher from Smithville? Just kidding... congrats Andrew. Sorry we do not know squat about the racing in our sport. I always dreamed of racing Dakar, but never had the strength; also dreamed of Isle of Mann but never had the time while working to support my family. I guess that makes me a timeless weakling....

LOts of trees and catfish in Smithville. You sure there is a Dakar finisher from Smithville? Just kidding... congrats Andrew. Sorry we do not know squat about the racing in our sport. I always dreamed of racing Dakar, but never had the strength; also dreamed of Isle of Mann but never had the time while working to support my family. I guess that makes me a timeless weakling....
Just a weakling ...for working for a living with a family I hear ya!

Working to support a family, financially, emotionally, and spiritually is no task for a weakling... :zen:

Yes, I finally found that and I'm sure that's not where he wants to be. WORCS is tough.

I saw a little interview that was interesting. He said you train, eat, and exercise completely differently for the two events, to a level I had not realized. Slow twitch vs fast twitch stuff. Pretty interesting.

Alright you guys.... Andrew just won his first FIM Rally Stage and is sitting in 2nd place at the Silk Way Rally with one stage left I believe. He's opening his first stage ever so will probably lose some time (unless he's an alien), but regardless, he deserves a Welcome Home Andrew sign at the airport!

I saw that Andrew Short won the Pro 1 race at Rusty’s a couple weeks ago. I would have liked to see him fly by my slow donkey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back