• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

IV Medina County 250 Adventure Motorcycle Ride - Saturday, 1/19/19-Castroville, Texas

Riders, when you arrive at Sammy's in the morning mention the Medina County 250 group and you'll be directed to our "special" room.

Last edited:
.....just un-draft yourself 🤠. It’s just work 🤷🏼‍♂️

I'm thinking (90% decided) of joining in the fun tomorrow. I've been on a couple of Sander's rides (always winners), but going out solo this time, so would like to join someone's group. I generally prefer to ride a tad less spirited than Sander on gravel/dirt.

I usually try to ride with Sander's group. I was the Ural medevac pilot last year, hauling Bill to the ER when he tried to climb that game fence on his Ural. This year I'll be on a KLR and am still really just learning how to ride off pavement on two wheels and don't want to hold up any group. At the same time, I don't want to ride alone, especially if there's mud. Do you have a way to run a gps for the tracks? I use the Scenic app but sometimes it crashes mid trip, a real bummer, so I don't really trust it too much.

Were you on the San Saba ride a couple years ago? If so, it was my daughter and I on the red Ural that had the flat tire.

I usually try to ride with Sander's group. I was the Ural medevac pilot last year, hauling Bill to the ER when he tried to climb that game fence on his Ural. This year I'll be on a KLR and am still really just learning how to ride off pavement on two wheels and don't want to hold up any group. At the same time, I don't want to ride alone, especially if there's mud. Do you have a way to run a gps for the tracks? I use the Scenic app but sometimes it crashes mid trip, a real bummer, so I don't really trust it too much.

Were you on the San Saba ride a couple years ago? If so, it was my daughter and I on the red Ural that had the flat tire.

That sounds great. I do have GPS with tracks and I'll make sure to get it lined up tonight.

Indeed it was me at San Saba when I took a little skid courtesy of the algea.

Does your daughter still ride with you? I loved reading about your summer trip with her.

That sounds great. I do have GPS with tracks and I'll make sure to get it lined up tonight.

Indeed it was me at San Saba when I took a little skid courtesy of the algea.

Does your daughter still ride with you? I loved reading about your summer trip with her.

I got rid of the Ural for the KLR650. After that summer trip from ****, being broke down in South Dakota and all, she began HATING the Ural. That, and the fact that it became her ride to school each day...... it lost all its allure for her. After three clutches and transmissions, it lost its allure for me too. So this past summer I traded it for the KLR. Now my little one doesn't ride with me. Now, my oldest daughter has a Versys X-300 and she sometimes rides with me. Hannah will probably be getting something like an XT250 in just a few years. I really thought that was cool, you and your son riding together. Hope to see you tomorrow.

I got rid of the Ural for the KLR650. After that summer trip from ****, being broke down in South Dakota and all, she began HATING the Ural. That, and the fact that it became her ride to school each day...... it lost all its allure for her. After three clutches and transmissions, it lost its allure for me too. So this past summer I traded it for the KLR. Now my little one doesn't ride with me. Now, my oldest daughter has a Versys X-300 and she sometimes rides with me. Hannah will probably be getting something like an XT250 in just a few years. I really thought that was cool, you and your son riding together. Hope to see you tomorrow.

I "upgraded" my XT to a 2013 which has FI. I hope to do a great divide ride in the summer of 2020 on it.

2 out of 3 kids on two wheels is a great average. I'm only at 1 of 3 and zero chance of that going up.

See you tomorrow at Sammy's.

I started down there but had one too many close calls with flying debris and getting blown all over the road in this wind. Maybe the Scrambler would have been a better choice, being less susceptible to side winds and all, but I couldn't truly control my KLR well enough to feel comfortable with the ride down, so after about 20 miles, I gave up and headed home. Better safe than sorry. Y'all have a good and safe ride on this blustery day.

Traveling between 35-40 mph on a city street, a gust hit the Fedex adv van broadside, triggering the ABS (!)

If you are in no hurry: 471 to Rio Medina, left on 2676, rt on 271, left on 1283, left on 16, rt on Privilege Creek rd, left on Old School rd, becomes Upper Mason creek rd ,rt on Elm Pass rd rt on 27 to Comfort. FM 473 to right on Old 9 rd, rt on Grapetown rd, right on 1376, left on 1888 to Blanco.
Good places for breakfast or lunch in Pipe Creek-Back Yard Bistro, Comfort-High's Cafe, Alamo Springs Cafe and Black Pig on Old 9 rd, Chess Club Cafe in Blanco.
Water crossings on Privilege creek can be slippery.

Thanks for the help with my tire. Headed to San Antonio not knowing where I was loosing air , stopped at auto parts to get another cable for my pump then to SA. Got home and the tire didn’t loose any air at all, what the heck.

Great ride, thanks Sander

Hey Sander, thanks for organizing another great ride. I was riding like there was a trophy at the end, so unfortunately I did not get any pictures. Hopefully others did.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Big thanks to Sander and the ride leaders. Great ride. Good to see everyone again. I'll try to get a video up soon.

A couple of East Texas guys would like to travel down and ride the area. Can anyone share the GPR routes?

Thanks

Back