• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Hi, just down the road from Rosanky, Texas.

Reaction score
Very cool forum. Thanks for putting it together.

Got a home built 06 Hardly Abelson Softail, a BMW 71/5 airhead, a BMW 96 R1100RSL, and scratching it's way to the top of my favorite list, a 1979 Yamaha XS650 2F looking for some love.

Cheers,
Mick

Welcome from stockdale!

Pictures of your airhead are required upon mentioning it!

Of course. It's not a restoration, it's a revival-ation. Runs like a scalded dog with the 900cc pistons, cylinders and heads in it.

Attachments

• :5 left.JPG
    :5 left.JPG
    345.5 KB · Views: 214
  • :5 right.JPG
    :5 right.JPG
    422.1 KB · Views: 224
Of course. It's not a restoration, it's a revival-ation. Runs like a scalded dog with the 900cc pistons, cylinders and heads in it.
Beautiful.
I've got a R60/6 that is on the back burner. Purchased out of 8 years of storage for $500

I've already cleaned and sealed the tank. needs fluids, battery, tires valves checked and basically everything gone through.
aad93346968f966aa22ef6ee47165bad.jpg

Welcome from central Texas and another classic BMW owner. Nice /5. Do you do any sort of motorcycle camping? We do that sometimes around here. KP

Welcome from the Southwest contingent.

For you airhead fans, I belong to a very small forum (less than 50 members) that would appreciate your bikes. Ownership runs the gamut from Yamaha to Kawasaki to H-D to Triumph to etc, etc, etc, but the owner of the forum, Dean Lear, is the former owner of San Jose BMW and was very big in the racing world back in the day. The site has restorers, wrenches (for folks like John McGuinness), writers, photographers, riders, racers, and just plain old moto fans. Content might be a couple of posts a day - nothing at all like TWT, but there's a lot of old school knowledge there. If you're interested, just take a look at motorcyclistcafe.com

ASPR, that is a beautiful bike. It would be so cool to ride that bike down Route 66, from wherever to wherever, stop at places only known to Route 66 motorbike riders. I'm in.

Kickstand, whenever I take a motorbike ride to wherever, camping is in.

2in2out. We got it goin on dude. MOA rally in TN coming in June. The plans are in the works.

Cheers.

Welcome from the Southwest contingent.

For you airhead fans, I belong to a very small forum (less than 50 members) that would appreciate your bikes. Ownership runs the gamut from Yamaha to Kawasaki to H-D to Triumph to etc, etc, etc, but the owner of the forum, Dean Lear, is the former owner of San Jose BMW and was very big in the racing world back in the day. The site has restorers, wrenches (for folks like John McGuinness), writers, photographers, riders, racers, and just plain old moto fans. Content might be a couple of posts a day - nothing at all like TWT, but there's a lot of old school knowledge there. If you're interested, just take a look at motorcyclistcafe.com
Waiting admin approval.

ASPR, that is a beautiful bike. It would be so cool to ride that bike down Route 66, from wherever to wherever, stop at places only known to Route 66 motorbike riders. I'm in.

Kickstand, whenever I take a motorbike ride to wherever, camping is in.

2in2out. We got it goin on dude. MOA rally in TN coming in June. The plans are in the works.

Cheers.
Smithville ain't too far from stockdale. I figure it will be a year or two before I've got her road worthy.

Welcome to the TWT I used to live near Rosanky off Ferris Lane Nice Revival-ation I like it.

Back