• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Post your Day Rides Here!

A friend and I did the Fayetteville Dirt Loop on Sunday. It sprinkled a bit in the morning, but that kept the dust down.

A short water crossing right before Fayetteville.

Lunch at Orsaks Cafe!

A little stretch by Stephen F. Austin State Park was semi-closed. It had dirt piles to block the traffic, but they were perfect height for us to go over and have fun.

I had a “hack” of a day [emoji106]

Last edited:
1655 is a fun road to ride. When I ride over to Forestburg, I get a burger at "The Burg" (great burgers!) then head north on 677 to St. Jo, then take 2382 up to Bulcher... I'll have to stay on 677 next time I'm over that way & check it out.
I have never stopped at The Burg, but sounds like I need to check it out. Next time you are in Saint Jo go out towards Caps Corner, you can turn back to Nocona at Caps or go to Illinois Bend and loop back west to Nocona or loop to the east before Illinois Bend and come back to Saint Jo via Bulcher and Red River Motorcycle Trails.

Who would think that old building would have great food!!

This ride was dry, on this big bike mud is tough, lol. I'm actually going to try a more aggressive tire for the replacement. Not sure yet, maybe a Mitas 09.

This ride was dry, on this big bike mud is tough, lol. I'm actually going to try a more aggressive tire for the replacement. Not sure yet, maybe a Mitas 09.

I’m trying out the Michelin anakee wild today will be the first ride on it will see
b7dd7bbcc1c250989d33c363f1d50ba0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got out on my 690 yesterday. Took the SuperSlab from Crowley to Grandview and then hit the county roads over to Corsicana and back for a 238 mile loop. Pretty much a SuperMoto ride as it was a constant mix of unmaintained asphalt and gravel thru Ellis and Navarro Counties. The route was mostly a copy of the Heart of Texas Adventure route segment on the way over and I connected the dots with some roads just south on the way back. Good times!!

I wanted to ride the hole ride a couple of weeks ago, didn't happen.
I have not scouted that section of the route, did you save your tracks and can you send them to me?

I wanted to ride the hole ride a couple of weeks ago, didn't happen.
I have not scouted that section of the route, did you save your tracks and can you send them to me?

Tracks attached. As you can see, the only hiccup I ran into was just south of Grandview west of I-35W. I ran into a dead end on HCR4149 and couldn't connect to CR102. I just backtracked up to FM916 for a workaround. Also, thanks for creating the route!! I enjoyed it and am looking forward to riding the other segments as time allows... :chug:

GPX viewer

Attachments

• Gymply Tracks 16MAR2019.gpx
    585.7 KB · Views: 211
Please share! That is one I'm considering too, need tire before Arkansas in May.

Tracks way better than the 805 big block I had on it. Better acceleration with out the wobble. I put front and rear. In the front way more confidence building but it all comes down to how you ride I tend to speed on dirt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
bc1ce985e4afb22839de78bfb69157ec.jpg

5ea8e6fe49e00c4496699d940fc5b60d.jpg

298687aacb225604795f8e28f6a35257.jpg

e0d43d9608a23907f581ab97a5985a6d.jpg

06b2b781f4d88a70a196dd9ca9fc3995.jpg

Took my other old PD for a couple hour ride this morning and ran into two Bridges that were out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Joe, Are those the BMW soft bags? If so, what is your opinion of them?

Scott there about the same as the Mosko Moto bags. I have them on the other PD. I would buy the Mosko’s there probably cheaper.

Tracks attached. As you can see, the only hiccup I ran into was just south of Grandview west of I-35W. I ran into a dead end on HCR4149 and couldn't connect to CR102. I just backtracked up to FM916 for a workaround. Also, thanks for creating the route!! I enjoyed it and am looking forward to riding the other segments as time allows... :chug:

GPX viewer

Thanks, I will modify the tracks.

Back