• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

got MotoGP tix and etc...

• Thread starter Deleted member 23845
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 23845

All,

My buddy Mitch emailed: said do you want to go again? Heck yes! So he scored quality tickets at our favorite turn, I nailed the inflated price hotel reservations in Austin, and we finalized our plans. It is a hoot. We tend to go every other year.
Hoping MV Agusta has their team there as they are testing bikes. We cage it, insane traffic is too much. And we stay Sunday evening as the day is too long to watch key races, fight crowds out of lot, and then drive back Houston area.

I've been the last 4 years and had a good time. Normally just ride down the morning of and do a General Admission ticket.

Probably will go again. I have to admit though....MotoAmerica, Moto3 and Moto2 races are the better races. MotoGP has been a runaway Marquez victory every year and really hasn't been that good of a race.

Point being.... get their early and watch the other races unless you just want to see Marquez blow away the rest of the field.

We watch all the races, Moto2 is a favorite. Who knows, maybe Marquez will lose?
The vendors are also excellent, and some bike dealers allow test rides. Great chance to also see some 2019 models. Always fun.

Moto E kicks off this year and will race 8-10 laps after the Moto Gp practice Sunday morning. I think they will be in Austin but can't confirm.
No need for ear plugs, but will be fun to watch.

I've been going the last few years and have been able to get out on the RT before the crowd. In fact its not much different than on days when there are no events at the track. Rusty said the traffic for bikes was pretty bad the first year, but I think that is fixed. I may take the X this year in case I want to pass in the ditch. Personally I go for the show in the stands as much as the show on the track.

m

Best seat in the house! :)

26355686606_125c5c47ae.jpg

25778737283_3b4f0cd689_z.jpg

26309699231_b6a7215c18_z.jpg

32527469438_87d6c14ed0_z.jpg

Every year I say, "I'll just grab a GA ticket the week of the race" then I get the pre-sale email and get suckered in by being able to pick good seats just about anywhere.

Irish66 and I will make our annual return, this year in Turn 1 having made the rounds and did T15 the last 2 years. With it being so close to SA I'm still surprised that many people don't take advantage or aren't even aware of the event.

As much as I complain about having to park in Lot H, cost of food and drink, Marquez dominance, traffic in/out, I just can't wait for April.

TRM in SA

We will be there as usual. Plan to do the 3-Seat option, we typically do a turn on Friday & Sunday with Grandstand for qualifying.

AirBnB in Bastrop means you head away from traffic at days end plus an easy stroll to some good eateries & bars.

Heard they had a battery fire on the Moto E bike or bikes. Wonder if they will be at COTA? The first two years I sat at turn 15. Since then I just ride down the week of the race and get a general admission. It is what I like the best as long as a small chair is taken. I have a friend that swears he spent over a grand on beer and mixed drinks for himself and friends at 2017 Moto GP.. Sunday morning I saw a double bloody mary purchased for over 20 bucks. I bought a few beers for friends, and they were 8-10 dollars each if I remember right. Coke is like 5 dollars and I paid 12 for a hot dog. I still believe for the admission it is a lot of bang for the buck, compared to some things I have been to. Have been every year.

Heard they had a battery fire on the Moto E bike or bikes. Wonder if they will be at COTA?
Unless they are replaced... I don't think they will be there. Every one of them was destroyed in Jerez:

I'm a general admission with a folding chair and every corner is my favorite. On top of the wall in 10/11 was great last year.
I stay in Round Rock to avoid the crowds and just run up and down the tollway.
Except for Friday evening when I like to hit the Hand built Motorcycle Show. https://revivalcycles.com/handbuilt-motorcycle-show/2019
Ditto what Windmill said.
It's once a year, what the heck, I'll spend the extra $$ for food and beer. I was in turns 8, 9, 10, and 11 last year buying $8 dollar beer and tipping the kart guy $2 per.... he made special trips to me all weekend long. Every one was nice n cold too! 🏍

We AirBnB in Bastrop, everyone else leaves the track & heads to Austin, road to Bastrop is clear.

I know for a fact that they are still looking for volunteers to corner work the race. I'm not able to go this year because we ended up planning a ride that weekend forgetting it was the MotoGP weekend.

If you are interested... let me know. I'll shoot you the link. Corner work (assist riders when they go down), Flagging, and Medical assist positions are available.

You need to be available all day for all 3 days plus a training session Thursday night, and provide your own housing... they do shuttle you in from the official hotel. It's hard work... but they feed you dinner Thursday night, and breakfast & lunch Fri-Sun. You get some nice swag, a pit walk, access to the parc ferme and the trophy ceremony if you are close enough, and the best seat in the house trackside. :)

Feet will be tired at the end of Sunday... but... worth it. ;)

Are water and snacks still OK in to bring in?
I always bring a camelback empty of water, full of snacks. They have water fountains in several places and seem unconcerned with the contraband snacks...

I know for a fact that they are still looking for volunteers to corner work the race.
I did this one year and really enjoyed it. Track-side viewing, and there were several minor crashes at my corner (T14) in all classes, so I got on-track time :) If my schedule ever allows it again, I'll do it again...

Concession prices were not bad, no where near F1 costs. I guess they know what a bunch of cheapskates us bikers are?

Back