• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

ETM&G Recap!!

Reaction score
First Name
Dutch
September's stop at Moser's has come and gone!! As always good friends, good food, and what a ride!!

Enjoyed it!!:clap: Photos to come.

Boy was that a lot of fun. I had a great ride over to East Texas early this morning. It was actually cool. Then I rode over to Winona to meet up with Bob and the Kilgore group. We proceeded on to Lindale and ran into an even larger group so we all took the backroads to the cafe. What fun and it made for a good appetite.

I got my brain wires straight. I had met Dutch before and remembered his face, but I had not connected it to his name. I told him now with his voice connected I'll quit reading his posts with the Wizard of Oz voice. (see his avatar)

Eulogite was nice enough to give Stephen and myself a nice backroads ride to I30. From there Stephen and I rode west into the Metromess. Got home at 10:00

Here are my pictures. Sorry, I can't remember everyone's name so let me know and I'll edit and put names with the pictures.
Thanks for allowing me to join you. A great bunch of guys and one Ninjette.
Rick

mg1.jpg

mg2.jpg

mg3.jpg

mg4.jpg

mg5.jpg

mg6.jpg

mg7.jpg

mg8.jpg

m9.jpg

mg10.jpg

mg11.jpg

Back safely myself after a wonderful 167 mile ride. Not the longest by any stretch but very enjoyable. Thanks to all who made the trip... lots of very nice machines. :thumb:

Dave.... we missed ya but they didn't have any blueberrry cobbler if that makes you feel any better. :shrug: ;-)

And, by the way Rick, sorry we couldn't keep up a good pace back to Big D, the Troopers were thick!

And the slow poke Semi's... Yuk!

When I flashed the brake lights at you, there was a Trooper up ahead of us, rolling the same direction and pounding out some Instant On at the on-coming traffic. So I just backed off for a while.

Was gonna wave good-bye to ya' when we got to town, but I lost you in the traffic. Slowed down to let you catch up, and almost got creamed by that Caddy with the Custom Wheels. Whew! Then had to dodge some slower car in the center lane & never saw you again. Glad you made it home OK.

Nice to put some faces with those names folks. Hope I can make it out that way again. Maybe I'll let Chuck drag me out there, if he ever gets to ride again. Work, work, work...

243 miles for this little adventure.

Hey everybody, let's go ride some more!!
ETMG014.jpg

Misc. shots...
ETMG020.jpg

ETMG017.jpg

ETMG015.jpg

ETMG013.jpg

ETMG012.jpg

ETMG011.jpg

ETMG010.jpg

I guess there really are black sheep....
(Thanks to Skip for dragging everybody all over East Texas)
ETMG022.jpg

We surely can't call it Bugly anymore, can we?
ETMG018.jpg

ETMG019.jpg

It's red, and it's Italian.....any questions?
ETMG023.jpg

Yeah, it's a steak.....back off!!
ETMG027.jpg

Time for the obligatory food in the mouth shot.(Yes, I'm sure I'll pay for that)
ETMG024.jpg

Along with the fun ride to and from Moser's I also rode to FW today to get the newly repaired fairing piece for my Beemer. Nothing exciting, just an interstate run to Perry's MC & Sidecars and back :yawn:, covered about 300+ miles in all today. Another great ET M&G, man I look forward to these each month!

What a terrific turnout. Even with several of the regulars AWOL (we discussed your menagerie, Rick) I counted 19 bikes including two(!) Ducattis. It was really nice to have the Metromess group. I'm thinking Tom (Hairsmith) came close to 150 miles and Hardy said he did 156 from Centerville.
Outstanding route, too. By the time our group arrived we were part of a cavalcade of about a dozen riders and found the others already there and waiting.
Great group of guys and, as always, a lot of fun. Good pie, too. I'm already looking forward to next month's get-together.

Great ride last night.:rider: A few more of these rides and I might actually
be able to remember some of yalls names.:doh: So..... yall ready to go
again:-P

Finally made it to my first M&G! It was truly a pleasure meeting so many fine people. (The food was good too!)

Let’s see, the next M&G is October 12th at Dairy Palace in Canton…Hmmm? Me? Looking forward to it already? Nooooooo……well, maybe a little…..

Thanks for letting the slow guy on the loud Harley tag along.

Bryan

2005 HD Road King Firefighter Special Edition

I believe that the red helmet on Rick Miller's Ducati is some of Squeaky's painting handiwork. :thumb:

Looks like another fun event. Well, old Paul & I held our Faaaaaar East Texas M&G at Liberty's in High Point, NC... Oh well...

Stephen, Sorry for the name mix up. I got behind as we neared downtown and traffic picked up. Rather than push through the cages and catch up with you, I just gave in and got over in the exit lane.

A funny thought. Riding behind you in the dark, you look like you are sitting very erect with your hands in your pockets. Once I got that mental image I just kept laughing to myself. Question: If you riding along on a motorcycle laughing, does that mean you are NUTS?
:rider:

Another great trip!!!! It's always a pleasure to ride up with the Kilgore group. Great route Skip. But next time I say we be a couple minutes late and take the Jessica highway (365) - just for grins :rider:

I told Bill the best thing about Skip leading is that when we are doing 60mph and see a sign that shows 'S' curves 40 mph - we speed up :clap: I love that.

Glad everyone got back safely and looking forward to the next one!!!!!

Nice to meet everyone, and a good ride(no crashes, no tickets). Look forward to the next one.

rickmillertx said:
Question: If you riding along on a motorcycle laughing, does that mean you are NUTS?

Good grief! If it does then I'd shoulda been committed years ago :loco: :lol2:!

Enjoyed seeing every one.
I put on just over 300 miles for the evening, Got to the house about 11:30. Just cant make good time on the venison infested roads at night.
I am beginning to worry about the gathering here in Nac. in a couple of months. Every one has come up with such great places to eat & meet going to be hard to stay up with the standard that has bin set. And on top of that not spending a few hours on the bike. Might just have to ride to Tyler and meet some of you and ride back. Well maybe if it is cold and raining I will do that.:rider:

Great pic Bill

Attachments

• Bill2.JPG
    Bill2.JPG
    9.9 KB · Views: 118
Yeeha! Stephen said:
And the slow poke Semi's... Yuk!

Slow poke semis carrying a load of Bo Pilgrim's finest! Whoooweee!

r11s said:
Great pic Bill

Oh sure.....antagonize him. As if one picture wasn't enough you have to go and crop in closer. :rofl:
Bill, he did it on his own!! I didn't have anything to do with that one.:giveup:

Eulogite said:
Slow poke semis carrying a load of Bo Pilgrim's finest! Whoooweee!

Wonder how many of them will end up as Hot Wings at Hoooter's? :eat:

Don't look so enticing when they're "On the Hoof" do they?

rickmillertx said:
Stephen, Sorry for the name mix up. I got behind as we neared downtown and traffic picked up. Rather than push through the cages and catch up with you, I just gave in and got over in the exit lane.

A funny thought. Riding behind you in the dark, you look like you are sitting very erect with your hands in your pockets. Once I got that mental image I just kept laughing to myself. Question: If you riding along on a motorcycle laughing, does that mean you are NUTS?

It's OK as long as you're not a Loose Nut!

Far East Texas M&G picture:
:-P

Attachments

• paul_greensboro1082q.JPG
    paul_greensboro1082q.JPG
    19.1 KB · Views: 115
Back